Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you want the current Chapter to be rewinded back to Turn 1?

Yes.
No.
I'm not a player but I want to see the results.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 104

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 5 (FEF5), OOC thread! Closing.  (Read 69085 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 5 (FEF5), OOC thread! Character recruitment open again!
« Reply #585 on: December 20, 2015, 05:43:16 pm »

Also, you sure you want to go Scavenger? We already have one, so that kind of minimizes your chances of getting in if you stick with it.
going magic aspect part of. scavenger > bounty hunter

The point isn't so much that you'd be magic vs swords since both of you have decent magic and strength growths. Twins point is that you are essentially making the duplicate of another character. Also those speed and skill growths are *really* low, especially if you're focusing more on using dark magic which is heavy and inaccurate. You'll have a real bad time hitting things and you'll be getting doubled a lot.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 5 (FEF5), OOC thread! Character recruitment open again!
« Reply #586 on: December 20, 2015, 05:54:41 pm »

"Shall we begin!"

Yin Blackheart

Going for chapter 5 or 6.

Also, you sure you want to go Scavenger? We already have one, so that kind of minimizes your chances of getting in if you stick with it.
going magic aspect part of. scavenger > bounty hunter

The point isn't so much that you'd be magic vs swords since both of you have decent magic and strength growths. Twins point is that you are essentially making the duplicate of another character. Also those speed and skill growths are *really* low, especially if you're focusing more on using dark magic which is heavy and inaccurate. You'll have a real bad time hitting things and you'll be getting doubled a lot.

I fixed speed/skill. I prefer to go bounty hunter most out of Dark magic/sword classes.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 08:51:58 am by flazeo25 »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 20, 2015, 06:19:26 pm »

"Oh, you're travelers? So am I. May I go with you? ...Please?"
Spoiler: this took forever ;-; (click to show/hide)
[Edit] It occurs to me I may have, slightly, typed too much.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 06:53:51 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: December 20, 2015, 06:30:51 pm »

What is with shamans and stupid long back stories?

Flazeo25: you're ignoring our points. You're making essentially the exact same character build that someone else is making. You are making a character that is essentially redundant and therefore much less likely to get in. I understand you like the class and that has nothing to do with the point that it makes it significantly less likely to get in because you're not offering anything unique

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 20, 2015, 06:34:44 pm »

it was an accident ;-;
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: December 20, 2015, 06:45:02 pm »

"Oh, you're travelers? So am I. May I go with you? ...Please?"
Spoiler: this took forever ;-; (click to show/hide)
[Edit] It occurs to me I may have, slightly, typed too much.

We take odd jobs... ah well, better murder everyone else!

...Logic?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 20, 2015, 06:47:52 pm »

Well, "odd jobs" doesn't always mean getting rid of vermin.
[Edit] Actually, that doesn't make sense. I'll change it to be more merc-ish.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 06:52:56 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: December 20, 2015, 06:54:04 pm »

Well, "odd jobs" doesn't always mean getting rid of vermin.
It still seems somewhat odd a whole bunch of them decided to murder the rest for seemingly not a huge reason.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: December 20, 2015, 06:56:40 pm »

Less people to pay means more gold for each.
Black lives matter.

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 20, 2015, 07:07:28 pm »

What is with shamans and stupid long back stories?

Flazeo25: you're ignoring our points. You're making essentially the exact same character build that someone else is making. You are making a character that is essentially redundant and therefore much less likely to get in. I understand you like the class and that has nothing to do with the point that it makes it significantly less likely to get in because you're not offering anything unique
Well I either choose that or shaman, and no one else is going bounty hunter, since bounty hunter more ranged class I think it be good focus as well as omniweapon would let my char provide back up aswell.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 20, 2015, 07:10:37 pm »

...There's a fair chance that Kansa is going to have her character go Bounty Hunter, considering it's so much better than Wanderer. Again, if you play a Scavenger, there is an exceedingly low chance of you getting in.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 20, 2015, 07:12:51 pm »

Kansa mentioned probably wanderer at one point, but yeah I works encourage bounty hunter over wanderer as well. Also potentially consider not going dark magic? They're are loads of classes...

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 20, 2015, 07:13:13 pm »

Kansa mentioned probably wanderer at one point, but yeah I works encourage bounty hunter over wanderer as well. Also potentially consider not going dark magic? They're are loads of classes...
Well Bounty hunter does have access to anima and bow so thats a bonus
...There's a fair chance that Kansa is going to have her character go Bounty Hunter, considering it's so much better than Wanderer. Again, if you play a Scavenger, there is an exceedingly low chance of you getting in.
I know that, but still want to make this character type instead of choosing one I wont be good at.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 20, 2015, 07:15:51 pm »

... class has nothing to do with character? Not really. Like, if you're good at being one class, there's no reason you won't be good at another. There tends to be some group planning and there's general ways to play regardless of class? Unless there's something specific you mean that I'm missing?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 104