Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Minecraft Millenaire: The World of Vornos  (Read 6268 times)

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
Minecraft Millenaire: The World of Vornos
« on: October 06, 2015, 06:48:25 pm »

Millenaire is a mod for the game Minecraft which adds in civilizations and towns. This creates war and trading and ultimately fills a big gap in Minecraft, which was exploration. It is now something of an adventure mode, so I'm going to create a journal series based on it.

Day 1:
Woke up in the jungle. Checked the sun, early morning. Started heading south, looking for civilization. A little in the afternoon I came upon Bhardua, a small Hindu village. The village was set up right next to a lake, so I swam through the little swamp in the jungle to set up a little refuge on the other side. Spent the night mining out stone and making myself some tools.

Day 2:
Chopped down a ton of trees, sold them off to Bhardua for their latest project. Bought myself a brick mould to dry my own earthen bricks, then collected some from the brickery in town. Killed three sheep in the lake, made a bed. Slept.

Day 3:
Took off to the east in search of another village, as the Bharduans seem to be doing fine. Found a small ranch on the plains. Owner was fairly nice, didn't buy anything though. Came upon Ondefontaine-le-lac, a small Norman farming village, on the plains. Chopped some trees nearby, slept in one of the residents' houses.

Day 4:
These Normans need over 200 wood, specifically oak. The fuck? Anyway, spent the whole day chopping trees and then built a small shack on the waterfront a little ways out of town. Spent the night making a mine going deep into the earth.

Day 5:
Continued chipping away at the wood requirement, eventually got them enough wood. Planted all the saplings I got from the chopping near my new house, so I wouldn't have to go all the way past the village just to chop wood.
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft Millenaire: The World of Vornos
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 07:31:41 pm »

Day 6:
Went to town to check on the construction progress. It's a pretty large area in the forest next to the village. Went back home and mined for the rest of the day.

*gobbles menacingly*

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 08:10:55 pm »

I don't know how interesting a playthrough of just Millenaire will be. Maybe you should add more exploration mods, like Chocolate Quest, Xeno's Reliquary, and Artifacts, and maybe add Ancient Warfare and some "extra mobs" mods, like Primitive Mobs or Mo' Creatures. You could also add mods that don't require special ores, like Botania, Blood Magic, and Witchery. You could convert your world into a server and have the players each control a city and try to uplift their city while crushing (or just trolling) everyone else's cities.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 08:32:28 pm »

Day 7:
Mined all day.

Day 8:
I went to check on the village today. The senechal seems to be starting to like me. Traded them a lot of wood and stone for their latest construction: an inn. I'm also starting to understand their language better, and I'd say that I'm fluent.

Day 9:
Went out to the sheep ranch in the plains and bought myself some more wool for a bed. After that I started venturing southwest in search of another village to trade with. Deep into a jungle I found Balamku, a very small Mayan village with 10 adults. Traded them some wood, and was allowed to stay the night there.

Day 10:
Traveled back to Bhardua and checked on the people there. I still don't understand their language, but I'm pretty sure they're building a quarry. Either way, I went back to Ondefontaine-le-lac and mined for the rest of the day.

*gobbles menacingly*

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 08:33:21 pm »

I don't know how interesting a playthrough of just Millenaire will be. Maybe you should add more exploration mods, like Chocolate Quest, Xeno's Reliquary, and Artifacts, and maybe add Ancient Warfare and some "extra mobs" mods, like Primitive Mobs or Mo' Creatures. You could also add mods that don't require special ores, like Botania, Blood Magic, and Witchery. You could convert your world into a server and have the players each control a city and try to uplift their city while crushing (or just trolling) everyone else's cities.
I'm mainly doing this because there are very few playthroughs of Millenaire out there and I just felt like journalizing what goes on in my single player world.

*gobbles menacingly*

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 08:51:46 pm »

Day 11:
Started the day by going mining, and I struck diamonds! I found 6 diamonds in the vein. After that I went into Ondefontaine-le-lac and had a talk with the Senechal. I'd heard some talk of past conflicts between them and the people of Balamku, but he told me that their relations were improving. I traded them some glass for their latest construction I also began upgrading my house today, replacing the earthen walls with logs, and adding in some windows. I replaced the dirt floor with cobblestone, and also added stone under the fence around my farm. Overall the estate looks much better. Also, here's a map of my explorations thus far.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Day 12:
I took another trip to the village this morning to check on their construction. It turns out that the bakery they'd been working on is finally complete. I bought a few loaves of bread from the baker lady to support the new business. The trader told me that they needed more wood to begin work on their next project, so I spent some time chopping wood for them and brought it back soon after. I took some time to tour the village and realized how much it had changed since I first arrived. At first there had been seven buildings, now there were twelve. There had been a child in the village, who'd developed into a teenager. Now there were three little children buzzing about, and the teen I'd watched grow up works at the cow farm. I heard a villager talking about Bhardua, and talked to the Senechal. It turns out that their relations with Bhardua have been rapidly decreasing, and that this may cause war if left unchecked. I feel bad, but I'll have to take Ondie's side if war does break out. The Bharduans were nice to me when I first arrived, but it was clear that I was not one of them. If the guilt becomes too bad I may have to seek refuge in Balamku to evade the war. I traveled to Bhardua to size them up, and they have as many adults as the Ondies do. This war could go either way. I went back home and slept.

Day 13:
I started the day worried. I did work on the farm, collecting and replanting, and then went into town. The sight of a small, hopeful child begging his sullen and embarrassed father if he could have a pony. His father gave him a "maybe", and hugged his son before leaving to work at the tree farm. All of the townspeople seemed very off-put. The impending conflict seemed to hang heavy on everyone's minds. It hangs on mine as well, knowing that some of these poor children may not have a father, or that some of these fathers may lose their children. I talked to the senechal, who seemed to be deep in thought, staring away at the forest. I caught him by surprise, he told me, and that he'd been thinking. The guardsman had obtained a message in the night from the Bharduans. It was a declaration of war. That explained why the townspeople seemed frightened. It even frightens me, knowing that at any moment the Bharduan war party might show up to pillage and kill these townspeople that I've come to like. I decided today that I'd fight for these people. I'd fight as an Ondefontainian in this war. I created myself a set of iron armor, and an iron sword. I spent the rest of the day mining and chopping trees.

//the updates are gonna start getting more detailed because up until this point I was just reciting them from memory.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 09:28:55 pm by bsnott »

*gobbles menacingly*

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 09:12:24 pm »

I'm mainly doing this because there are very few playthroughs of Millenaire out there and I just felt like journalizing what goes on in my single player world.

Millenaire kinda stopped suddenly long ago, so there won't be many playthroughs.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 09:29:45 pm »

Millenaire kinda stopped suddenly long ago, so there won't be many playthroughs.
I still find it to be very enjoyable.

*gobbles menacingly*

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 11:06:42 pm »

I still find it to be very enjoyable.

It's absolutely where Minecraft should have gone. Villages and trading? Of course. No brainer.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 05:18:18 am »

Is there a modpack like this somewhere (which isn't also bloated with a million other things like all the tech stuff)? Sounds fun...

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2015, 10:27:40 am »

Is there a modpack like this somewhere (which isn't also bloated with a million other things like all the tech stuff)? Sounds fun...
Hexxit has a similar feel, if that's what you're asking. It's there by default on the Technic Launcher (if you want modpacks but are completely inept at installing mods, they're the place to go to).

The reason that I suggested adding more mods is that Millenaire is really focused on one thing. It does that thing well, but if you are going to do a series on just one mod, if the series is going to last a while, you need to focus on a huge mod, such as the big three magic mods, IC2, Buildcraft, and Witchery (a youtuber called Chilm did an excellent series on single-player witchery, which lasted around 50-80 episodes, if I recall correctly (and those episodes were not short)). Otherwise, the novelty will wear off and it will become boring.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 11:30:56 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 11:43:22 am »

Note: SCREENSHOTS FOR FUCKS SAKE.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 02:04:42 pm »

+1, although the reason he hasn't been putting them in is because before now he was reciting them from memory.

What was the last version Millenaire was updated to?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 04:53:34 pm »

+1, although the reason he hasn't been putting them in is because before now he was reciting them from memory.

What was the last version Millenaire was updated to?

http://millenaire.org/

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2015, 10:42:36 pm »

I definitely will be from now on, up until now I've been reciting the game purely from memory, as ATHATH said :)

*gobbles menacingly*
Pages: [1] 2