Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I introduced my bf to DF  (Read 4149 times)

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
I introduced my bf to DF
« on: October 06, 2015, 08:12:10 am »

His entire group drowned when he tried to have the dorfs dig in an area across the river.  Long story short, he quickly abandoned.

Bae: Maybe I should have built a bridge first.

Me: That might have gone better.  Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, my love.

Bae: Well, seems I lost my cherry in a spectacular manner :D

He's a good sport about it, though, and is going to try again.   Hooray! *throws confetti*
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I introduced my bf to DF
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 01:10:05 pm »

Congratulations!
Conquest by converting one victim at a time ;)
I assume you've considered the possible side effects: "Not now! I'm trying to see what happens if..."

Kreydurst

• Bay Watcher
  • Is insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 02:50:27 pm »

Give him a volcano wedding ring to play with.

TheBrisbyMouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 10:13:35 pm »

Take him to the circus.

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 04:32:23 pm »

"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

omega_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Architect, Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 08:04:58 pm »

When I introduced me gf to df (or tried to):

"That looks terrible."

*never speaks of it again*

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 10:02:17 pm »

Take him to the circus.
I love how innocuous this phrase sounds to the uninitiated. Guaranteed Fun for ladies, gentlemen, and children of all ages.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 10:04:06 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 10:05:14 pm »

Girlfriend likes to hear about the awfulness going on in game, the vomit all over Treatylong amused her, the Face of Armok got an "awesome" as well.

She likes to weave and was very amused when I saw her looking at one of her wall-hangings and narrated "she was pleased near her own fine wall-hanging" and we've started referring to them as "happy-thoughts", especially when the cat looks at them.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2015, 07:37:43 pm »

Girlfriend likes to hear about the awfulness going on in game, the vomit all over Treatylong amused her, the Face of Armok got an "awesome" as well.

She likes to weave and was very amused when I saw her looking at one of her wall-hangings and narrated "she was pleased near her own fine wall-hanging" and we've started referring to them as "happy-thoughts", especially when the cat looks at them.

We like doing that too.

"Urist McJerry cancels X: Interrupted by Y." or "Urist McNyx is feeling happy today.  She listened to Devo recently.  She admired some fine old photos of the band recently.  She talked with the boyfriend recently."
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 07:54:02 pm »

:D

I call her Bunny (god we sound like an old country club couple, "Oh look Biff, here comes Max and Bunny." *hoity toity laughter*) so it would be "Urist McBunny cancels wash hair: interrupted by palmetto bug."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2015, 08:15:33 pm »

I introduced my now-wife to the game while we were still dating, and her response to the game was to start naming dwarves. She treated the entire fort like a grand soap opera. She became emotionally invested in the lives of each and every one of her favorite dwarves.

On date nights, the first question was "How are the dwarves doing". Her favorite dwarf was Mr. Beard, the captain of the guard.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2015, 12:47:31 pm »

I introduced my now-wife to the game while we were still dating, and her response to the game was to start naming dwarves. She treated the entire fort like a grand soap opera. She became emotionally invested in the lives of each and every one of her favorite dwarves.

On date nights, the first question was "How are the dwarves doing". Her favorite dwarf was Mr. Beard, the captain of the guard.

I assume Mr. Beard meant with an accident.  :D Buwahahahaha!
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2015, 02:09:38 pm »

I assume Mr. Beard met with an accident.  :D Buwahahahaha!

Mr. Beard actually turned into a supreme un-killable badass with hundreds of kills under his belt. Now every Captain of the Guard must be named Mr. Beard. Much like the captain of the flying dutchman, there must always be a Mr. Beard.

Also, she would have cut off my dick if I let something happen to that first Mr. Beard. Or William, his First Lieutenant. He was a family dwarf, and also makes occasional reappearances. William always wields a spear, and usually can be found as a migrant trained by Mr. Beard. She's created an effective recurring dwarven mythology, told and retold throughout the ages.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2015, 02:32:07 pm »

Mr. Beard actually turned into a supreme un-killable badass with hundreds of kills under his belt.
You mean as a result of several failed "unfortunate accidents" or-

Also, she would have cut off my dick if I let something happen to that first Mr. Beard.

Oh.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Rüdiger

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2015, 08:49:25 pm »

Also, she would have cut off my dick if I let something happen to that first Mr. Beard.

Is that an euphemism for 'turning someone into an elf'?
Pages: [1] 2