Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Come On Down To Edwardstown: A Worm-Inspired RP (9/9)  (Read 16503 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Interest Check/Signups: Worm-Inspired RP Set In Lovely Edwardstown, PA
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2015, 01:42:38 am »

Did what was his power anyways?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2015, 02:01:33 am »

Did what was his power anyways?

He could render information about an object, person or building completely inaccessible for a period of time, thus subjectively removing it from existence, differences in size requiring longer periods of concentration. A very potent power with no effective counter, the trouble being that Kyle himself was not immune from it. And at the beginning it would go off in stressful situations spontaneously.

He triggered, as specified, when he stood over the rather viciously stabbed mugger and realized that he's in all likelihood shanked a guy to death like some kind of animal. So he triggered, and his power promptly erased the bleeding mugger (thus ensuring his demise) for a time, his knife, but not his wound, if I recall correctly. The mugger, the knife and the event in which the two intersected was also rendered inaccessible for him, but was recalled later when the effect had worn off.

Now that I've told you all that, though, you're definitely getting a new power.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2015, 02:03:08 am »

That would have been so cool if I ever figured i out. I'm not even mad.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2015, 02:46:48 am »

I hope everything is ok.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 08:11:38 am by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2015, 05:30:03 am »

I do want different powers. If that's better or worse, we'll see.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2015, 05:31:25 am »

I am entirely expecting something extremely traumatizing, horrific, and possibly eldritch.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2015, 07:54:13 am »

I am entirely expecting something extremely traumatizing, horrific, and possibly eldritch.

Well, now I know who's getting ultimate cuddlepowers.

On that note, though, people who've triggered (Kansa and kj, specifically), it'd be nice if you expanded the setup a bit. You should mention the moment of your trigger, and have an idea of what the situation is at that moment. Otherwise I have enough leeway to do whatever, which really isn't conducive for proper creativity.

In any case, I think I've got powers thought up for roughly half of the players, at least in vague outlines. Think we might be in good shape to start, say, tomorrow or the day after that.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 07:58:38 am by Harry Baldman »

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2015, 08:12:01 am »

Ah sorry, I hope this is better.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2015, 08:38:02 am »

Id like to join in with my old character again.

Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2015, 08:42:04 am »

Id like to join in with my old character again.

Ah, good. Hope I'll not be so stingy with things to do this time around. In fact, I think we could even skip over your trigger event this time around. Would you like to be more established cape-wise (been around for, say, a year or so), or new like the rest of these fellows?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2015, 08:48:53 am »

hmm... i was kinda hoping to team up with explody McGee in the last game and start robbing banks.

mayhaps just start me new like the others but have some contacts alreadys set up?

edit:
actually just for the sake of consideration, how would my being active for a year affect things?
hints as to my power?
more stolen guns and injured policemen?
job offers from unscrupulous individuals?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 08:55:42 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2015, 09:09:54 am »

Well, let's say you're new, but have contacts - these'd likely be with organized crime in the area, such as Bubbles' now quite expansive crew. You'd know what's what in Murgate. Or you might instead know Kasplortch from some no doubt humorous incident while robbing a bank. Or perhaps you know a guy in the Remar Restricted Zone who can get you a nice MP-issue gun.

If you've been active for a while, you probably know what's what parahuman-wise all over town, and have a steady parahuman lifestyle (whether with a civilian identity or without one is your choice). You'd have quite a bit of leeway otherwise in who your contacts are and what you do for them that gets you all that good money. Pro is that you know a lot of stuff, the con is that a lot of people know things about you as well, including the authorities. Oh, and you'd have a proper cape name, too. Whether you've registered with the Edwardstown Board of Tourism at some point would be up to you.

E: For fun, you could even be the guy who owns or at least lives in the mansion that Lacie is about to fail to infiltrate.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 09:13:25 am by Harry Baldman »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2015, 09:16:27 am »

or I could be a real jerk and blow up the mansion once shes inside because the owner wants an insurance payout :P

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2015, 09:21:51 am »

or I could be a real jerk and blow up the mansion once shes inside because the owner wants an insurance payout :P

Now you're getting it. In any case, fill out a sheet with the appropriate info (instead of the powers bits, just fill out what your status in Edwardstown is and where you start out) and you'll be in, right as rain.

Side note: once Rolepgeek reads this, if he ever does, this means that he ought to put up a sheet as well before he's in.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 09:23:54 am by Harry Baldman »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2015, 09:26:55 am »

Expanded my trigger.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12