Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 115

Author Topic: New Moon High School for the Paranormal: OOC  (Read 73049 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: New Moon High School for the Paranormal: OOC
« Reply #1155 on: October 14, 2015, 12:08:17 pm »

Adragis did ask me for the GCSE/BTEC course list.

Also, again, it's easier for Adragis because he's actually attending a British high school to do the British system. Besides, it's irrelevant what system is used to begin with as this isn't meant to be realistic (I mean seriously, nobody notices Lieselotte's blue hair in the mundane school) and we're going to be doing almost nothing with the subjects and curriculum except using it as a topic of conversation. So whether or not we use the American, British or Ugandan system is entirely moot.

Of course, it's ultimately Adragis' decision as the GM which he'd prefer to use.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: October 14, 2015, 12:10:22 pm »

I was writing while you were editing.  No comment on your copypasta was intended.  Referencing the list I wrote.

As for the "easier for Adragis to do": That's why I volunteered to help.

Blue hair?  Not abnormal.  If a bit unexpected at a high end school.

People do all sorts of weird hair colors.
The dresses are more likely to draw comments.

Yes, Adragis is GM.  I'll go with what they say, but I have an opinion and firsthand knowledge.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 12:13:03 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: October 14, 2015, 12:29:19 pm »

Mmm.
I'm of the opinion that the game will go by quicker and be more fun if the GM knows what he's doing on the school side of things from his own experience and doesn't have to check with somebody that may not even be in his timezone or look up on Wikipedia or whatever when he's not sure how something works.
But, hey, that's just, like, my opinion, maaaan.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: October 14, 2015, 12:32:04 pm »

Normal classes are flavor text.
The supernatural stuff is the actual thing about this game, which Adragis has a free hand in.
But for all that, I'd prefer the flavor text to be decently accurate.

...I'm debating making another character for some reason.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 01:01:13 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: October 14, 2015, 01:28:32 pm »

As an American myself, I can say without a doubt to not use the american class system. It sucks, it's disorganized, and usually they screw something up.

As for Flavor Text, It's Andragis' setting, He makes the rules <3
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: October 14, 2015, 01:32:44 pm »

As an American myself, I can say without a doubt to not use the american class system. It sucks, it's disorganized, and usually they screw something up.

As for Flavor Text, It's Andragis' setting, He makes the rules <3
Where did you go to school?  So I can track them down and leave bad reviews.
But it really depends on the individual school about how good they are.  Eh.

Yes, I repeatedly said I will abide by Adragis' decision, you can stop telling me.
Sigtext

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: October 14, 2015, 01:39:41 pm »

But I think you still haven't gotten the message.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: October 14, 2015, 02:00:08 pm »

Blitz and his attempts at shitposting :P

But yeah, I dislike American school systems.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: October 14, 2015, 02:04:59 pm »

Blitz and his attempts at shitposting :P

But yeah, I dislike American school systems.
Personally, I disliked public school, though that might just be me being BOOORED with it all the time.
Private schools do significantly better, in my experience.  Which consists of exactly one sample but whatever.
As a side note, I mostly copied their courses for that list I threw up.
Certainly not in the same detail as they would have given though.
Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: October 14, 2015, 02:06:30 pm »

On the topic of whether to use American or British systems... who the fuck cares? It's only the electives we need to choose. (Also, in the American list, the foreign language classes don't seem to be required. They are.)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: October 14, 2015, 02:08:40 pm »

On the topic of whether to use American or British systems... who the fuck cares? It's only the electives we need to choose. (Also, in the American list, the foreign language classes don't seem to be required. They are.)
Only two years in most high schools?  Foreign language requirements are weird.
Eh.  There is one difference in that History is core in America but not in the UK?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 02:10:36 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: October 14, 2015, 02:10:29 pm »

Only two years in most high schools?  Foreign languages are weird.
Eh.  There is one difference in that History is core in America but not in the UK?
That's... stupid to be honest. Everyone should be taught history.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: October 14, 2015, 02:11:44 pm »

Only two years in most high schools?  Foreign languages are weird.
That's... stupid to be honest. Everyone should be taught history.
Depends on the school, really. My school made History mandatory to around college-level. I ended up ditching it because I was sick of learning about the Cold War, which was my topic, and replacing it with Ancient History when I moved schools.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: October 14, 2015, 02:17:05 pm »

"Your topic"?
Sigtext

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: October 14, 2015, 02:18:13 pm »

We have different courses depending on the school. Our school, instead of picking the much more interesting topic of the history of Medicine and early 20th century Germany, decided to pick the Cold War period.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 115