Poll

I dont know how to delete polls

still true
- 1 (100%)
not true
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: 4 Nations  (Read 15889 times)

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
Re: 4 Nations
« Reply #225 on: October 20, 2015, 09:19:47 pm »

Hello player, soon you will be once again assisting your nation move forward to greater peace and prosperity. I am happy to say, that after completing some business, my focus can once again return to preparing and delivering the next segment. Thanks. GBB

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 21, 2015, 12:12:38 am »

Yes, much hype.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 21, 2015, 10:23:03 pm »

Excellent! Glad to hear you're back at it.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 21, 2015, 11:54:09 pm »

Likely within 12 hours. I will try to always accurately, as best I can give a 12 hour warning period.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 22, 2015, 01:18:58 pm »

Likely within 12 hours. I will try to always accurately, as best I can give a 12 hour warning period.

I have discovered this kind of promise is impossible.

Its done when its done. You will have atleast 2 days to make a move after its' posting.

I apologize to any who were eagerly anticipating its' posting within that time. I cannot reliably make that type of commitment. Thanks for your understanding. GBB
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 01:45:29 pm by GameBoyBlue »

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 22, 2015, 02:11:35 pm »

It's coo' just poke the thing once in a while to remind us of it's existence and we'll keep playing. :)

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 22, 2015, 08:54:49 pm »

Haha, don't worry about it! Something always comes up to ruin time estimates.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 23, 2015, 11:07:04 pm »

Alright, I've thought of something I'd like from you. You may suggest a name for the continent your nation resides on.

Edit: Come up with something your partner agrees with, then we'll have polls.
Edit: Quote their suggestion if you approve.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 04:18:06 pm by GameBoyBlue »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 24, 2015, 03:01:16 am »

Greater Aryana.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 24, 2015, 05:50:40 am »

EQUUS TERRA!

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 24, 2015, 04:45:10 pm »

Ok I really intend to update this game tonight. I've finished the post, backed it up. Just needs some tidying up I cant do before work. If we get some continent names picked I can pepper them in aswell.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 24, 2015, 05:51:25 pm »

The Grand East!

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 25, 2015, 12:56:51 am »

Quote from: World News and Special Report
DJIBOUTI INVADES TROPICO [5j]
AS THUMPER CLEANUP CONCLUDES, NOT A RETURN HOME FOR MANY MILITARY

[5a] Equestria's 5 platoons return to duty. Military oil stockpile activated. (Oil demand +50) (Oil Reserve +80)

[5b] Djibouti's 5 platoons return to duty. Military oil stockpile activated. (Oil demand +50) (Oil Reserve +210)

[5c] Anraya's platoon returns to duty. Military oil stockpile activated. (Oil demand +2) (Oil Reserve +30)

[5d] Tropico's platoon returns to duty. Military oil stockpile activated. (Oil demand +2) (Oil Reserve +110)

[5e] Anraya announces own 'Green Machine' DEAL. PROMISES tax cuts for results. (Approval +2)

[5f] Anraya will READY 2 more platoons. (Oil demand +6) (Approval -4)

[5g] Equestria will be conducting a new national oil SURVEY. (-$10) (Approval +1)
[5h] Equestria announces own 'Green Machine' DEAL. 3 billion dollar FUND put aside for promising green tech research. (-$30) (Approval +2)

[5i] Djibouti Diplomat tntey has chosen to RESIGN. General ShadowHammer will serve as Djibouti's DICTATOR until a replacement signs up.(Approval -4)
[5j] Djibouti sends 5 platoons to INVADE Tropico.(Approval -4)
[5k] Djibouti publicly announces own 'Eye for an Eye Patch' DEAL to restrict Anraya's oil shipments. PROMISES to allow safe passage for 25% tarrif.(Approval -3)

[5l] Anraya announces 1 billion dollar FUND put aside for promising green tech research. (-$10) (Approval +1)

[5m] Tropico will READY 1 platoon. Tropico's 1 active platoon prepares to DEFEND the nation. (Oil demand +3) (Approval -8)
[5n] Tropico PROMISES to agree to terminate the Oil Wholesale agreement with Anraya, if they help find oil.

Tropico Troops rally to guard the Djibouti-Tropico boarder.

LIVE: DJIBOUTI INVASION OF TROPICO
[5o] Tropico has the homefield advantage and 1 platoon(+2).
[5p] Djibouti has 5 platoons(+5).
[5q] (5+7 v 2+8) Stalemate. No casualties.

"Djibouti forces clearly have the upper hand outnumbering Tropico soldiers five-to-one, yet the defense put up by Tropico has as of yet been unbreachable by ground forces."

APPROVAL POLLS
Equestia +3 43% "Trusting."
Anraya -1 39% "Trusting."
Djibouti -10 30% "Shocked but trusting."
Tropico -8 32% "Fearful but trusting."

Cycle 6 ▼▲

Budgets
NationPopulationOil DemandOil ExtractedOil ReserveIncomeSavingsMilitary
Equestria8894 shipments+0 shipments86 shipments+$14$555 platoons
Djibouti3668 shipments+0 shipments252 shipments+$9$455 platoons
Anraya712 shipments+15 shipments45 shipments+$3$181 platoons +2
Tropico86 shipments+0 shipments166 shipments+$4$51 platoons +1

Updated Rules
1) I will note contracts players agree to up here, but I will not enforce them. Quote a post you agree to to sign it. When writing a proposed contract, do not add other information to your post.
2) If you finish your summary(see below), with ready status and no edit times past two days from now, you will receive a bonus $1 to your budget. Player turns can be skipped after this time. Up to $3 given away for spotting errors.
3) A diplomat may make trades with oil, but it is protected by the general, whom may deny such trades to complete. A general may make expenses on behalf of the military, but the diplomat may deny these expenses.

New Stuff
Approval: For this game, assume your people, while primarily trusting your actions, err on the side of peace loving. If your approval gets too low, both Diplomat and General will be impeached.

Meeting now in session
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 01:00:05 am by GameBoyBlue »

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 25, 2015, 01:15:10 am »

Cycle 6 Tropico Diplomat Summary:
[ x] Perform a speech that condemns Djibouti and gathers support for the military.
Spoiler: Speech Specifics (click to show/hide)
[ x] 30 Oil Shipments and $1 to Tropico's Military.
[ x]

« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 01:44:14 am by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 25, 2015, 01:34:03 am »

My first action this Cycle is to perform a speech condemning Djibouti and gathering support for the military.
"These invaders invade solely for our oil supplies! The oil that we - you - the people, have worked so hard to obtain! They care not for our customs, our culture, nor anything else. They're simply pigs desperately trying to loot a superior country for their own benefits. We would have cooperated! We could have started trade! We could have helped them!
Yet these... people, do not know the true stupidity of their decision. Our brave military has fought them off at every turn with minimal civilian casualties. But we cannot continue forever. If every civilian contributes, we can send those pigs back home! Join the military! Buy War Bonds! Every little thing you do will help your nation in a time of great need. I'm imploring you, citizens of Tropico. Help defend your homeland!"

Next up, I shall direct much-needed resources to the brave defenders of Tropico. To be precise, 30 Oil Shipments and $1 to Tropico's Military.

And to Equestria, we desperately require that promised military support!
ALSO TO OTHER NATIONS: My offer for canceling the Oil Wholesale agreement is still open! All we need is $10 for the first survey, then you'll be able to trade oil unimpeded with Anraya!

To GameBoyBlue: What exactly is "Readying" a platoon? Is it basically recruiting+training a new platoon? Is it done by the diplomat or general?
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19