Poll

I dont know how to delete polls

still true
- 1 (100%)
not true
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: 4 Nations  (Read 15935 times)

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
Re: 4 Nations
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2015, 10:53:22 pm »

snip

That all your own creation(not copied from anything)?

I'll put you down as a reserve secretary until someone offers you a job.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2015, 10:56:35 pm »

Yep, I like world building. 

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2015, 11:03:14 pm »

Alamoes, would you like to accept a Secretary of State position in dear Tropico?
Just mind the hovels when you walk ashore.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2015, 11:13:54 pm »

Sure.  I don't know what I'll do, but yeah.  I don't even know what we produce.  First suggestion is to invite an imperial power into our nation. To develope it.  Being your humble advisor, I leave who we pick up to you. 

I suggest Djibouti or Equestria. 
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 11:19:06 pm by alamoes »

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2015, 11:19:13 pm »

The Imperium of Equestria is interested in development and partnership with Tropico.

You've got the goods, we've got the workforce and soldiers, we both should benefit from this!

Also, loving the Cult of the Eye. We are banning them from Equestria and any practices or sympathies towards these false gods will be considered Heresy and Treason to the Equestrian Imperial Cult. Available information will be studied, to catch the heretics, one must understands the heretics. Ordo Hereticus of the Imperial Inquisition will be ever watchful for these lots.

Suffer not the Heretics!

Also the Equestrian Imperial Administratum is looking for a Secretary of State.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 11:25:10 pm by vkiNm »
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2015, 01:44:26 am »

alamoes, if you'd rather be Secretary of War of Aryana, you are welcome to deal with the Eye yourself.

How about Sturk separatism? The Sturks are a people spread on the border areas of several nations. They never really caused trouble in the past, but now several political parties have been calling for an independent Sturkistan. The Sturkistan National Party is officially peaceful, but it has a semi-independent armed wing, the Sturk Liberation Army. While the SLA lacks the weapons to fight a fully-fledged guerilla, they have been committing terrorist attacks n Djibouti and Equestria.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2015, 02:00:57 am »

Woah woah woah.
How dare you attempt to steal a free Tropican! We definitely have food here!

I mean, that's all someone needs, right? Food?
I guess water too?
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2015, 03:19:10 am »

World Map (Get used to it ;)

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2015, 03:25:19 am »

Examples of some crisises...

Earthquakes:

An earthquake causes fires, which are now spreading to a nearby nation which had already been suffering a terrible drought.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2015, 03:35:50 am »

I though we were pink? Are you also going to stitch changes every time we invade each other?

More crises:

Famine: Fennel has always been the staple crop of Tropico. A new fennel blight devastated the recolt, and famine threaten. Food could be imported, but the scale of the devastation would ruin the treasury. New crops could be introduced, but the Tropican citizenry resent the attack on its culture that a lack of fennel would represent.

Border Dispute: The swampy area on the border of Tropico and Equestria has always been badly demarcated. With the discovery of oil in the swamp, they have suddenly become of strategic importance, and nationalists on both sides of the border are urging war to take control of the ressource.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2015, 03:54:01 am »

You do not, and likely should not get too specific about which nation has the disaster you are describing. Keep it simple, just a brainstorm of what you think might be interesting to see, even if it doesnt get in exactly as you describe...

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2015, 03:57:59 am »

I though we were pink? Are you also going to stitch changes every time we invade each other?

While you can capture foreign resources and other can do so to you, national cultural identity has already been established. The boarders will not actually change at all throughout game play.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2015, 04:05:47 am »

You can change the name; I was just following alamoes' lead.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2015, 05:37:01 am »

Can we get an IC thread?
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2015, 10:34:50 am »

alamoes, if you'd rather be Secretary of War of Aryana, you are welcome to deal with the Eye yourself.

How about Sturk separatism? The Sturks are a people spread on the border areas of several nations. They never really caused trouble in the past, but now several political parties have been calling for an independent Sturkistan. The Sturkistan National Party is officially peaceful, but it has a semi-independent armed wing, the Sturk Liberation Army. While the SLA lacks the weapons to fight a fully-fledged guerilla, they have been committing terrorist attacks n Djibouti and Equestria.
I'm already Tropican.  Too late.  I like the idea of playing a small nation, reminds me of debate club. 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19