Poll

I dont know how to delete polls

still true
- 1 (100%)
not true
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: 4 Nations  (Read 15927 times)

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
Re: 4 Nations
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2015, 11:43:38 am »

Can we get an IC thread?

This is a strategy game where the path to victory is decided by consistent actions via budgeting, bargaining, capturing, and so forth, roleplaying has no consequence, from my perspective atleast, so you may be "in character" if you want to call it that while playing, on the flip side there is no real time to be "out" of character beyond the game set up.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2015, 04:02:16 pm »

Some more Ideas for crisis!

Pirates raiding the trade routes!

a disastrous tea party during a diplomatic meeting cause rises in tension between nations!

The Communist party gaining power and support from the working class!

A charismatic guy storming beer halls and causing fascism!

Global Warming!
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2015, 04:18:27 pm »

I have one.  Deflation, not enough cash for the people. 
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 05:48:14 pm by alamoes »

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2015, 05:13:38 pm »

Keep it coming!

Begin to think about a crisis might cause another one, or be connected to another one.

How would global warming or deflation unfold as they are neglected, paint the picture.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2015, 05:41:55 pm »

Rebels/Terrorists could [perhaps sometimes unintentionally] sabotage factories/oil rigs, leading to an ecological disaster!
Global warming leads to rising food prices somehow.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2015, 05:51:38 pm »

Global warming can cause mega storms like the ones we face currently. 

Deflation causes lower wages and less demand for luxury goods.  Stuff gets cheaper, and it would make sense to just simply wait for prices to drop.  Economic depression can result when wages drop too low. 

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2015, 08:43:41 pm »

vkiNm's pirate's raids could cause the price of luxury goods to soar as it gets more dangerous to transport them. And then it turns out that the pirates are actually ghosts who cannot rest until [some divisive objective] is accomplished!

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2015, 05:59:08 am »

vkiNm's pirate's raids could cause the price of luxury goods to soar as it gets more dangerous to transport them. And then it turns out that the pirates are actually ghosts who cannot rest until [some divisive objective] is accomplished!

This sounds cool, Ghost pirates!
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2015, 10:36:05 pm »

Your ideas!

1. Insufficient Resources
-A. Problems acquiring natural resources, either from scarcity or lack of technology to obtain them, or permission to use or inability to protect them.
-A2. Deflation or Inflation. Either it is becoming too expensive to obtain demanded resources or the value of a very available and heavily invested resource has suddenly plummeted and companies must cut costs with layoffs, making valuable items harder to afford driving their cost down even further.

2. Humanitarian Problems
-A. Large groups are unsatisfied with the status quo or a recent or chain of recent decisions and an uprising has begun. National assets are threatened by violent protests. You're in danger of being removed from your position by your own people.  Impeached!
-A2. The issue could be the way resources are distributed, but changing it could reset your nation's economic engine and the recovery slow if worthwhile at all.

3. Foreign Confrontations
-A. Hostile "barbarians" or an aggressive nation or organization nearby invading your lands because they believe confronting or defeating you will benefit them.
-B. You have a deal with another nation that doesn't serve you and you believe they may even have a false claim or are abusing the contract. The terms for canceling are just as bad if not worse.
-C. "Pirates" are feeding off your sea trade routes and causing fear and panic.

4. Plague
-A. Either poor living conditions, bio warfare, or other or unknown sources has caused a disease that is spreading among a nation and may spread to another if uncontained. Could be lethal, crippling, or otherwise greatly reduce quality of life temporarily or permanently until cured.
-B. The victim could be a living resource, crops or herds.

5. Weather Disaster
-A. A large scale weather event such as a tornado or hurricane has decimated all homes, factories, and land, air, or sea transports in it's path.
-B. A drought can cause many kinds of resources to be negatively affected and invite unrest and panic.
-C. Human pollution or resource stripping have weakened the Earth's natural systems making it's natural cycles of hot and cold periods more extreme. Causes other weather disasters to appear more frequently. May only be lessened by utilizing rare and valuable resources that to do so could be acutely costly in the short run, and require largescale international cooperation.

6. Nature Human Rejection
Plants have started to appear that are actively lethal to humans. Populations decline, panic, and widespread migration from such zones.

7. Civil Confrontation
Groups from within your own nation have a negative agenda or one that opposes your own.
-A. Religious Extremists have demands you devout yourself to their way and require others to do so, agreeing to it will in itself cause an uprising and disagreeing could lead to terrorist intimidation.
-B. A terrorist attack of an extremist group that has grown from within your own nation. A key place or event could be the target. Could have consequences on another nation's trust of you, especially if the group targets them also.

8. Breakaway Group
A territory of your nation's land wishes to become separate, if you agree you will permanently lose resources in that area unless you take them back forcefully or via bargaining. If you do not agree they will get angry.

9. Geological Disaster
Earthquakes and volcanoes can disrupt or destroy resource flow, cause panic and migration(nationally or internationally).

10. Rights Dispute
A sea based resource lies untapped and undiscovered until just now, and the discovery belongs to one nation but the resource lies clearly closer to another, who gets it?

Some of these can be broken down into multiple smaller crisises or have variations. Combined with my own fun bag of tricks this should be a treat to solve.

We're well on our way to starting properly.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 10:37:50 pm by GameBoyBlue »

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2015, 10:48:31 pm »

Excellent, them be some good crises. Can't wait to start!

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2015, 03:27:54 am »

I am considering, strongly, using a google doc spreedsheet, shared to handle national budgets. Is there anyone unwilling to get a google account? I don't know what else I would use, so you may not be able to play if not. A google account will likely be a requirement.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 08, 2015, 04:16:24 am »

Do you really need a google account to access a google doc if it's public? In any case, I have one.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 08, 2015, 04:20:39 am »

I plan to allow you to make edits.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 08, 2015, 04:39:47 am »

Again, not exactly specific to need someone to have an account. That, and I had onde but I lost it, and I can't be bothered getting another.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 08, 2015, 04:47:41 am »

Again, not exactly specific to need someone to have an account. That, and I had onde but I lost it, and I can't be bothered getting another.

It will I believe, to give permission to just the players, while still allowing spectators to view it. Stay tuned if you cannot, I may be able to work around it but it would be good if all players had it.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19