Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Astraeus-Lunar IV  (Read 5540 times)

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
Re: Astraeus-Lunar IV
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2015, 04:40:37 pm »

Jasmine catches John, holding him steady.

"Grav's off, dummy. So is life support, it seems. Anybody know how to turn that on?"
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2015, 05:43:58 pm »

"Please, let us all sync comms."

Attempt to sync personal comms. Then, find the comms room and report the situation and state of the ship to HQ.
Relay their orders to the rest of the team.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2015, 11:15:54 pm »

((Is the room just oxygen-less, or is it a vacuum? If it's not a vacuum, what gasses are in it?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2015, 02:07:24 am »

Sync comms.

Then look for a way to oxygenate personnel sections of the ship. Cooperate with others in this noble task.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2015, 06:03:06 am »

((Is the room just oxygen-less, or is it a vacuum? If it's not a vacuum, what gasses are in it?))

((The room has quite a bit of CO2 in it, both from CO2 that was contained in the tubes and released when opened. The breather on your suit is also ejecting the CO2 (And small bits of O2) that you exhale.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2015, 11:53:24 am »

Sync comms.

Then look for a way to oxygenate personnel sections of the ship. Cooperate with others in this noble task.

Sync comms and then assist Carmen Corman in her endeavour.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2015, 02:45:43 pm »

OXYGENOXYGENOXYGEN!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2015, 08:05:30 pm »

Jasmine catches John, holding him steady.

"Grav's off, dummy. So is life support, it seems. Anybody know how to turn that on?"
[2] Jasmine grabs John, but forgets one thing: As John was standing still and she was moving, they both continued on in the direction she was moving. Which is, rather painfully, into the side of the cryo-tube. Because of the positioning of the bodies, John's body takes the brunt of the blow. He is obviously in a bit of pain, as he begins to writhe around once again. He looks like he's screaming, and if Jasmine were in an environment with air she is sure she would hear it clearly.

"Please, let us all sync comms."

Attempt to sync personal comms. Then, find the comms room and report the situation and state of the ship to HQ.
Relay their orders to the rest of the team.

Due to the fact that the entire team is not together, syncing personal comms with everyone is impossible. He decides to simply sync comms with the people in the circle [Communication Synced with Carmen and Eric.
[4] He then decides to find the comms room, and heads towards the door. As it does not instantly open, he decides to activate the terminal beside it. It reads "Greetings Astronauts. Activate life support and artificial gravity?"

Sync comms.

Due to the fact that the entire team is not together, syncing personal comms with everyone is impossible. Instead, Carmen decides to sync comms with the astronauts currently in the circle. [Communication synced with Eve and Eric.
[3] Carmen tries to seek a way to oxygenate the ship. However, the only way he could think to do this would be to interact with the terminal in the room, and Eve has already gone off and done this. He peers over her shoulder and sees that she appears to be attempting to do what Carmen herself was trying to do. Oh well. At least it'll get done.

Sync comms.

Sync comms and then assist Carmen Corman in her endeavour.
Due to the fact that the entire team is not together, syncing personal comms with everyone is impossible. Instead, Eric simply syncs comms with the other nearby astronauts [Comms synced with Eve and Carmen]
[1] However, when he goes to follow Carmen and Eric, he misjudges the amount of force he pushes off with and smashes into the roof above the terminal. Rather painfully too. His vision becomes fuzzy for a second, and he feels lightheaded. He slowly floats downwards, and begins to re-gain feeling in most parts of his body. He resolves not to do THAT again.

OXYGENOXYGENOXYGEN!
[1] John attempts to flail around screaming oxygen, before two thoughts occur: One, his personal breathing mask is already providing oxygen to him, and two, oh shit, the guard seems to be about to tackle him. The guard smashes into him, and her momentum sends John flinging back into the side of his cryo-tube. Several blunt protrusions smash into his back, causing a lot of pain. Now in serious pain, John starts screaming bloody murder and waving his arms around viciously, trying to beat the guard. The guard is already floating away, looking rather uninjured. How evil of her!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 08:14:09 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2015, 08:09:42 pm »

Sync comms. "Whoops. Sorry about that. You okay there, buddy?"
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2015, 10:55:05 pm »

((Pretty sure I can't talk to you without our comms synced. I should be able to, because there actually is air, even if it's unbreathable.))
With a combination of mouthing words and gestures, John attempts to communicate the following:
I'll live.
Attempt to regain dignity, and orient myself with floor before Eve turns on artificial gravity.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2015, 10:59:04 am »

"Carmen, Eric, could you please inform the rest of the crew that I will be activating the artificial gravity generator? They might need to steady themselves."

Activate gravity and life support.
Then, enter the comms room and report the situation to HQ.
Relate their orders to the rest of the crew.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2015, 11:09:17 am »

Check for a THIS WAY UP indicator for artificial gravity if the design of the room does not render it apparent.

In any case, once up and down are ascertained, point legs down, head up.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2015, 01:35:21 pm »

"I'm on it. Once my head's stopped spinning, that is"
Make my way over to John and Jasmine, sync comms and inform them of the situation r.e. impending gravity. Then reorient self with floor or grab onto something.
"Gravity's coming online folks, so get ready unless you want another bump. Eve, we're good to go!"
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2015, 01:42:59 pm »

"Thank you, Eric. I am glad at least someone understood the gravity of this situation."
Money!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2015, 12:26:43 pm »

Sync comms. "Whoops. Sorry about that. You okay there, buddy?"
((Pretty sure I can't talk to you without our comms synced. I should be able to, because there actually is air, even if it's unbreathable.))
With a combination of mouthing words and gestures, John attempts to communicate the following:
I'll live.
Attempt to regain dignity, and orient myself with floor before Eve turns on artificial gravity.
Jasmine attempts to sync comms with John, but John decides for some reason not to do so as well. He instead attempts to mouth "I'll live", but his attempts are entirely fruitless as his mouth is covered by his breathing mask. John uses his meta senses to realize that the gravity is about to re-enable and tries to orient himself in the right direction. He then realizes he has no way of knowing which way will be down when gravity restarts, [Hidden Roll] so he makes a guess and orients himself as such. Jasmine just keeps floating the way she is and watches curiously as John tries to orient himself with what she thought was the roof. Then, the gravity turns on. It appears that Jasmine would be right in her assumption: While she has a slightly uncomfortable landing, John hits the ground shoulder-first. It hurts a lot, and he can't help but scream and roll around on the ground, clenching it with his other arm. Over time, his screaming becomes audible as life support is also enabled. Jasmine shakes her head and sighs.

"Carmen, Eric, could you please inform the rest of the crew that I will be activating the artificial gravity generator? They might need to steady themselves."

Activate gravity and life support.
Then, enter the comms room and report the situation to HQ.
Relate their orders to the rest of the crew.

Eve presses the activate gravity button. [4] Luckily, she is able to quickly align herself with what the ship has designated as down, and lands without issue. She then presses the button to enable life support, and hears a quiet hiss as oxygen is pumped into the room. She opens the door with another button which has just appeared on the terminal, and steps through. It appears that she's currently standing in the operations room, as when she enters a large holographic display pops up. After hitting a few buttons, the display flickers to the display of the ship. It appears that to get to the comms room she simply has to take the door to the left... the door to the right leads to crew quarters, and past which is the food synthesizer, and directly ahead would lead to the engine room, which branches off into an airlock, an armory, and the helm. Attached to the armory is a tool storage. She heads towards the comms room door.

Check for a THIS WAY UP indicator for artificial gravity if the design of the room does not render it apparent.

In any case, once up and down are ascertained, point legs down, head up.

Carmen tries to figure out which way the gravity will enable. [4] There are no evident signs, but then she figures something out: The way that the text on the display is shown is slightly at an angle to the way she is currently floating. As such, she corrects her current position and lands easily when the gravity is enabled. There is a slight hiss of air as oxygen flows back into the room.

"I'm on it. Once my head's stopped spinning, that is"
Make my way over to John and Jasmine, sync comms and inform them of the situation r.e. impending gravity. Then reorient self with floor or grab onto something.
"Gravity's coming online folks, so get ready unless you want another bump. Eve, we're good to go!"
Eric begins making his way over to Jasmine and John. [2] He's about halfway there when Eve re-enables the gravity. Unfortunately, he was not in correct position, and lands on his stomach, sliding a bit forward. As he was not in position to sync comms before he landed, he is unable to relay his warning. Luckily, Jasmine lands mostly unharmed, but John, unfortunately, takes a rather serious hit to the shoulder as he lands. That has got to hurt.

"Thank you, Eric. I am glad at least someone understood the gravity of this situation."
((Terrible Pun.))
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5