Advanced search  

Poll

No
- 9 (37.5%)
Yes
- 15 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 39

Author Topic: European Union thread  (Read 49561 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: European Union thread
« Reply #450 on: November 11, 2015, 06:10:56 pm »

Someone has made a reasonably high-quality anti-immigration propaganda video and it's gone viral on both YouTube and dumpert.nl, apparently a popular video hosting site in the Netherlands. I'm rather impressed.
Checki Gex?

This is the face of the new right, people. Like it or not, it's here to stay.
The EU has proven Nigel right again, the EU has created the far right of the 21st century from Paris to Warsaw.

Sweden to introduce border controls at noon

http://www.thelocal.se/20151111/sweden-set-to-mount-border-checks
Will they actually enforce that?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 06:12:53 pm by Loud Whispers »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 11, 2015, 10:19:25 pm »

Bloody EU, creating refugees out of thin air to piss Sweden!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #452 on: November 11, 2015, 10:25:36 pm »

Bloody EU, creating refugees out of thin air to piss Sweden!
Nah m8 enrich Sweden

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 12, 2015, 01:11:18 am »

The iron curtain returns.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 12, 2015, 02:13:50 am »

Border controls equals the iron curtain now?
Love, scriver~

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 12, 2015, 02:21:18 am »

Especially since according to that link, refugees can still apply for asylum. Given the influx in a country that small, it's admirable they aren't just closing the border to new asylum-seekers.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 12, 2015, 07:09:45 am »

Yeah I mean do these people even know what iron curtain is

it's not supposed to keep people out

it's to keep people in

like Trump's plan to coerce Mexico into building a giant wall with their own funds
._.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 12, 2015, 09:58:49 am »

"Police in six European countries arrested at least 15 suspected members of an Islamist militant group that was planning attacks in Norway and the Middle East, Italian authorities said on Thursday."
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/11/12/uk-italy-arrests-idUKKCN0T10NZ20151112

Germany ‘spied’ on French foreign minister
http://www.france24.com/en/20151112-germany-bnd-allegedly-spied-france-foreign-minister-laurent-fabius-other-allies

France demands answer on German spying
http://www.thelocal.de/20151112/france-demands-answers-over-german-spying

European Council president Tusk warns Schengen on brink of collapse
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/11991098/Migrant-crisis-Donald-Tusk-warns-that-Schengen-is-on-brink-of-collapse-latest-news.html

Germany may be facing “an avalanche” of refugees triggered by “careless” actions, Wolfgang Schäuble, the country’s powerful finance minister, has warned in a thinly-veiled criticism of his boss, chancellor Angela Merkel.
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/379d4afe-8930-11e5-9f8c-a8d619fa707c.html#axzz3rI0m9deB

« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 10:04:37 am by miljan »
Make love not war

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 12, 2015, 10:09:16 am »

Yeah I mean do these people even know what iron curtain is

it's not supposed to keep people out

it's to keep people in

like Trump's plan to coerce Mexico into building a giant wall with their own funds

That depends on which side of the wall/curtain you're on and whose side you're on, but yeah....

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #459 on: November 12, 2015, 10:19:56 am »

Literally Hitler

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 12, 2015, 10:33:17 am »

All shop owners in the town of Crickhowell (Wales) joined forces, and have come up with a plan to try and force the government to change tax laws which allow large corporations to evade most of their taxes through offshore holdings.

Armed with legal assistance, and tailed by a BBC documentary crew, they have created a document, which they say they are willing to send to all towns in England, in which it is explained exactly how small business can use the same tricks and offshore routes megacorporations like Starbucks and Facebook use to avoid paying taxes, to do so themselves. All legal ofcourse, using the same loopholes fancy corporate lawyers exploit.

When interviewed, they emphasize that they are not against paying taxes, since they all use schools, hospitals and other services, but they are no longer willing to do so, while large corporations who can afford top lawyers do not pay.
They want to give the government a choice: either change the laws that allow for offshore tax evasion, or be prepared for all shop owners in the UK to start offshore routing en masse, which would bankrupt the state.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crickhowell-welsh-town-moves-offshore-to-avoid-tax-on-local-business-a6728971.html
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 10:38:16 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 12, 2015, 10:43:51 am »

I really don't understand why so few medium-sized and small companies do that already. It looks easy enough: Set up a shell cooperation somewhere, do a bit of paperwork - et voila! No more taxes!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #462 on: November 12, 2015, 10:47:54 am »

That's sneakily brilliant. Protests don't do shit where pounds speak!

I really don't understand why so few medium-sized and small companies do that already. It looks easy enough: Set up a shell cooperation somewhere, do a bit of paperwork - et voila! No more taxes!
I suppose it's just a matter of ignorance innit, they don't have law to English translators working for them like Cafe Nero does

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 12, 2015, 03:47:38 pm »

What I understand, usually small entrepreneurs are held back from doing that because of the huge legal costs involved. Sleezy lawyers don't come cheap.
What made this possible for this group of people, is that they grouped up to finance that, and were also joined / sponsored by a larger corporation.
And then they turned the knowledge gained into a document that will help other small business do the same without needing top lawyers to find loopholes and formulate a proposal for the tax office.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #464 on: November 12, 2015, 08:51:07 pm »

Germany's estimate for immigration has increased from 800,000 to 1,500,000 this year, with the projected rate increasing to 10 million in 5 years by conservative estimates.
It feels good to witness such awesome history in the making, awesome in the true sense of extremely impressive or daunting. Centuries ago a British King invited Angle and Saxon tribes hoping to exploit them for security - unintentionally deciding the fate and face of the Isles for the next thousand years. Before that the Roman Empire settled tribesmen into their lands hoping to fill the gaps in their ranks and tax coffers with warriors fleeing the Huns, for all the good it did them eaglephiles their lands were no longer theirs. Though old habits die hard, what with the Byzantines after them inviting the Ottomans into Europe to help them out too. Hilarious in hindsight. Perhaps most poignant just because it's modern is how Mexico once opened their borders with the fledgling USA and found its province of Texas flooded with American immigrants, to the point where Texans outnumbered Mexicans. When Texas became American it was already American, due to open borders with Mexico no less! Hahahaha! Mass immigration from Americans induced by Mexican governers hoping to exploit cheap manpower on the frontier? Jesus Christ, it's real life satire made history.

But nah, this really wipes the floor with all of these. With Angles and Germanics, Turks and Texans, each time it was just a few hundred thousand at most, sometimes even just tens of thousands that would change everything. And to boot, it usually happened so slowly that by the time the previous peeps lost when shtf it was already over. This is an epic magnitude never before seen since the last time the Han assimilated something. You know in Paris or London where it's hard to find a Frenchman or Englishman this is next level entire continent displacement, this is comedy gold ahahahaha!
Well, time has told itself well.
Those years arguing in Europol thread that doing your best to cause mass immigration would cause mass immigration are vindicated. If only there was some way to predict this unpredictable outcome?

Anyways, Putinnews are promoting the oppression narrative so I expect dissident and insurgent groups within Germany in... Oh pardon, already there. All the tabloids are cheering because the EU's effectively killed itself for no reason and it ushers in the great happening of Europa. All the while the lefties aren't too pleased either "with the realisation that the newcomers are here to stay, with all the consequences that entails."
Sharp bum up your boot kicking WOLOLO here we go :D

On the bright side now that we've reached this point where what the Germans want doesn't matter anymore maybe we can finally stop talking about this shit. Maybe talk about north sea fishing rights or a common energy grid.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 39