Advanced search  

Poll

No
- 9 (37.5%)
Yes
- 15 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39

Author Topic: European Union thread  (Read 49482 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: European Union thread
« Reply #420 on: November 09, 2015, 04:30:56 pm »

._.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 09, 2015, 05:08:34 pm »

They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 09, 2015, 05:51:41 pm »

Love, scriver~

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 09, 2015, 09:26:35 pm »

Thats an interesting development
I wonder what would Sweden say about this...

What do you mean?
As I've understood by listening to LW, Sweden is the European center for a certain kind of people that would react very strongly to an attempt at changing native cultural and religious habitats of foreign immigrants.
._.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 10, 2015, 02:23:55 am »

As I've understood by listening to LW, Sweden is the European center for a certain kind of people that would react very strongly to an attempt at changing native cultural and religious habitats of foreign immigrants.

Are you speaking about Islamists? Misguided liberals? Something else?
Love, scriver~

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 10, 2015, 02:34:46 am »

Are you speaking about Islamists? Misguided liberals? Something else?
The "cultural appropriation" people, which would fall under "liberals" label, I guess.
._.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 10, 2015, 02:43:39 am »

As far as I'm aware, there's not any particular strength behind that kind of thinking here. Maybe people who listens to much to what Americans say and then attempt to apply that world view directly unto Sweden without regarding our different social and cultural dynamics. It seems to be a mostly American line of thinking.

As for how Swedes would react in general, Sweden is a very irreligious place, so I don't think anymany would care much about it.
Love, scriver~

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 10, 2015, 09:45:46 am »

Helmut Schmidt just died. May he rest in peace - he was the best Chancellor we ever had, and that includes Bismarck :P

E: Have an English-language article about the guy.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 09:51:05 am by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #428 on: November 10, 2015, 11:24:14 am »

taqiyya
Punishment for death = apostasy and the Afghan who got lynched by not!Syrians for converting says that if they see it as sincere the individuals see it as sincere. The only time you'd see mass fake conversions if there was some Kraut inquisition shit going on.

Ehn. I'll be 100% honest and say that LW doesn't seem to be a terribly accurate source for things that aren't blatant fact in Europe (outside the UK of course)
And you'll note the only time I ever cite myself as a source is with my own personal experience mostly in regards to the UK. All other times I talk about foreign countries is only with sources.
Ikea making mad profit in Sweden, sold out all stock on refugees.
Swedish boys will be a minority in Sweden next year.
Swedes holistically will be a minority in 10-15 years within Sweden.
Right now, the Swedish government is borrowing money abroad to pay for immigration. But that amount is not enough. On October 8, the Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions (SKL) warned that municipalities need to increase the tax rate by 2%. The average municipal income tax is already 32%, on top of which many Swedes also pay a federal income tax. A 2% rise in the tax rate would mean 15,000 kronor ($1,825) more in taxes each year for the average household.
High-ranking politicians and officials are also saying the situation is extremely grim. On October 1, Minister for Home Affairs Anders Ygeman said that the current wave of immigrants will lead to "huge economic strains;" and a few days later Immigration Service Director General Anders Danielsson explained that "within the framework of the system we all know, we are now approaching the end of the road."

Sweden belongs to immigrants says former Swedish PM:
In connection with TV4's "Nyhetsmorgon" during the Christmas Eve morning he went even further, claiming that Sweden's borders are only imaginary.
- What is Sweden? Is this country owned by those who lived here for four generations or those who invented borders? he said condescending.
Then he said that the Swedes are uninteresting as an ethnic group and that it is instead the immigrants that creates the new Sweden.

When the Swedish PM created "Sweden together", it drew upon the Swedish public sector to swiftly settle immigrants in Swedelands in exchange for financial compensation.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
1. Immigration is nothing new
2. We are all a consequence of immigration
3. There is no domestic Swedish culture
This is the ideological basis for Sweden's leaders
Swedes are kill
The worst part is the world they are leaving behind isn't even safe for immigrants, so newSwedes are kill too
Zeliha Dagli, who labels herself a secular feminist, wrote in an article in the newspaper Aftonbladet that she fled Turkey 30 years ago, but now wants to seek asylum "again" -- in Sweden. Dagli lives in Husby, the Stockholm suburb that made headlines around the world in the summer of 2013, when it was plagued by massive immigrant riots.
Dagli says these suburbs are no longer a part of Sweden, but, rather, redolent of the Middle East. She writes that her everyday life is being more and more influenced by suburban fundamentalists:
    "I want a safe haven and I want to be able to drink a glass of beer with my friends Lars, Hassan, Maria, Osman, Ayse and others. I want to go to the Senior Citizens Association and listen to jazz and dance the twist. I want to grow vegetables in the garden and wear short pants, and go to the bathhouse in a bikini. In my neighborhood, I want to escape the judgmental looks of men staring at me. I want to bring home whomever I like, but I can't do these things today because my rights are limited and controlled in my neighborhood. These bearded 'shadows' frighten me."

As far as I'm aware, there's not any particular strength behind that kind of thinking here. Maybe people who listens to much to what Americans say and then attempt to apply that world view directly unto Sweden without regarding our different social and cultural dynamics. It seems to be a mostly American line of thinking.
As for how Swedes would react in general, Sweden is a very irreligious place, so I don't think anymany would care much about it.
Besides when they try deporting converts to their homelands where they face death and torture

Helmut Schmidt just died. May he rest in peace - he was the best Chancellor we ever had, and that includes Bismarck :P
E: Have an English-language article about the guy.
I love that the son of a Jew was awarded an iron cross for fighting in Stalingrad

Also Jebus mission report that an ISIS fighter who pretended to be a refugee in order to kill kuffars converted to Christianity after seeing the love of Christians. like did if u cri evertim
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 11:26:17 am by Loud Whispers »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 10, 2015, 11:44:35 am »

You know there are links and then there are links.  For instance I picked the "swedes will be a minority" link and vetted it.  I found it was made by the Gatestone Institute, founded 2012.  It is headed by John Bolton (Neocon famous for pissing off the UN) and consists mostly of b-list neocons.  (The odd man out is Elie Wiesel which is just kind of bizarre.)  The think tank, like many of the neocons, has accusations of anti-muslim bias.

When the first source you find when looking for a citation is something like that, alarm bells should be going off in your head.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 10, 2015, 12:34:10 pm »

You know there are links and then there are links.  For instance I picked the "swedes will be a minority" link and vetted it.  I found it was made by the Gatestone Institute, founded 2012.  It is headed by John Bolton (Neocon famous for pissing off the UN) and consists mostly of b-list neocons.  (The odd man out is Elie Wiesel which is just kind of bizarre.)  The think tank, like many of the neocons, has accusations of anti-muslim bias.

When the first source you find when looking for a citation is something like that, alarm bells should be going off in your head.
It's not like this is out of thin air, they gave sources for their assertions. Also, these days absolutely anything critical of Islam in any way is accused of Islamophobia, racism, and countless other meaningless buzzwords. Regardless, it doesn't matter whether they're anti-Islam or not. What matters is the truth. Unless Gatestone has done something truly heinous such as blatantly lying or trying to defend pedophilia like Salon Magazine has, then what's the issue?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 12:40:02 pm by Morrigi »
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #431 on: November 10, 2015, 01:04:12 pm »

Unless Gatestone has done something truly heinous such as blatantly lying or trying to defend pedophilia like Salon Magazine has, then what's the issue?
The slippery slope is coated in industrial lubricant

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 10, 2015, 01:14:16 pm »

Unless Gatestone has done something truly heinous such as blatantly lying

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_R._Bolton#Criticism
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 10, 2015, 02:48:11 pm »

Unless Gatestone has done something truly heinous such as blatantly lying or trying to defend pedophilia like Salon Magazine has, then what's the issue?
The slippery slope is coated in industrial lubricant
No, that was just me bashing Salon.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39