Advanced search  

Poll

No
- 9 (37.5%)
Yes
- 15 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39

Author Topic: European Union thread  (Read 49694 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: European Union thread
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2015, 01:43:02 pm »

So apparently sweden may be trying something interesting? Starting to shift over and run experiments and whatnot on rolling with six hour workdays. Anyone closer to the place hear anything about this?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2015, 02:54:14 pm »

Malvinas

kek
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2015, 03:03:01 pm »

So apparently sweden may be trying something interesting? Starting to shift over and run experiments and whatnot on rolling with six hour workdays. Anyone closer to the place hear anything about this?
I wonder what it is about Sweden that makes it a country so receptive to social experiments. I'd say they're the world's human petri dish but that title belongs quite literally to Iceland. Nonetheless I am appreciative that they run headlong first, if they succeed they succeed.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2015, 03:52:47 pm »

I often wonder if I should be jealous of Sweden, having a government that seems to care about being sensible.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2015, 06:27:50 pm »

*hides his steel beams*

What steel beams? *whistles a tune*
You better get rid of these more permanently. I got some jet fuel if you need some, I know a guy...
Does he work on the inside?
Yes, it's an internal work, as it were. Met him through a friend of mine who used to be his co-worker, now works in gardening, specializes in grooming shrubbery. Tough business, because most people want it done on Saturdays and he refuses to work then for religious reasons.

E: I feel a distinct need to add this here: I am a shitposter disregard my opinions.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2015, 08:46:49 pm »

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34425536

I guess you can always count on the Russians being true to their stereotype. Not that I think the Russian forumers are rowdy drunks.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2015, 05:22:43 am »

In Britain we've had about 20 foreign athletes since the 2012 Olympics who used their mad sports skills to try and illegally immigrate
Personally I think they should be given citizenship if they can defeat our medalists and represent GB hahaha

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2015, 07:05:59 am »

Apparently one more high-speed train was stopped for several hours for security reason after someone locked himself in the toilet.
Is this a metaphor for your locked toilet thread being derailed by loud whispers high speed shitposting ?
Page 1 shitposting.

*tennis clap*

This is why Europe can't have nice things.

To be fair, most of them are saving on PTW-style empty posts. Mainiac is the only person in that chain that's posted more than once in this thread.
You mean original post shitposting right?
...no relation to any other threads whatsoever....
Rules for the thread:
  • No Catalonia
  • No Malvinas
  • No accusing other forumites of ruining your country, even if true
  • No accusing other forumites of runing their own country, even if true
  • No ruining other forumites country intentionally

But in all seriousness:
  • If you must shitpost, end every shitpost with "I am a shitposter disregard my opinions."
  • Do not spam the thread. Spamming the thread with shitposts is twice as bad, and in an emergency will result in temporary Merkel Martial Law.
  • Leave your steel beams by the door.
  • Be calm and chill, remember to post citations to your assertions.
This qoute is the shitation for my shitpost.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 07:10:23 am by MarcAFK »
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2015, 07:10:14 am »

A centralized Europe will be the death of innovation.

It will lock the diversity and (friendly or less friendly) rivalry that made Europe the centre of innovation for several centuries behind a big fat wall of bureaucracy.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2015, 08:11:30 am »

I'm pretty sure USA has been centralized for a couple centuries already, and if you're implying that USA has experienced "death of innovation", then I've a bridge to sell.
._.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2015, 08:12:53 am »

And rivalry between U.S. states is what drives innovation around there? Silicon Valley is a hotbed of innovation because California wanted to beat Oregon and Arizona?

EDIT: Stupid ninja Sergarr...

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2015, 08:49:08 am »

I'm pretty sure USA has been centralized for a couple centuries already, and if you're implying that USA has experienced "death of innovation", then I've a bridge to sell.

Innovation in a technological sense, No. But innovation In a social economic sense? Fuck yes.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2015, 08:51:58 am »

SirQuiamus, actually its partly the case, when you look at sutff like state shelling hundreds of millions to try to bring spaceport within their border and so on.

Anyway, I was browsing the economist to avoid meaningful work, and I stumbled on this snippet about Sheffield signing some kind of deal with the Central government, agreeing to elect a mayor in exchange for some cash. It also mentioned that Manchester signed a deal giving the city control over health-care spending. What the hell is going on, is England turning into a confederation of city-state or what?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2015, 08:52:04 am »

Innovation in a technological sense, No. But innovation In a social economic sense? Fuck yes.
1) Goal post shifting.
2) I'm pretty sure that USA still has more "social economical" innovation than most of the world's countries. Africa, South America, East Asia...
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2015, 09:00:05 am »

SirQuiamus, actually its partly the case, when you look at sutff like state shelling hundreds of millions to try to bring spaceport within their border and so on.

Anyway, I was browsing the economist to avoid meaningful work, and I stumbled on this snippet about Sheffield signing some kind of deal with the Central government, agreeing to elect a mayor in exchange for some cash. It also mentioned that Manchester signed a deal giving the city control over health-care spending. What the hell is going on, is England turning into a confederation of city-state or what?

The bolded bit sounds rather corrupt to me. Unless theres something wierd about English politics that I'm missing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39