Advanced search  

Poll

No
- 9 (37.5%)
Yes
- 15 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 39

Author Topic: European Union thread  (Read 49515 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: European Union thread
« Reply #345 on: November 03, 2015, 02:50:57 pm »

Ehm, how can you overwhelm sanitation system?
1. Plumbing, water treatment and sewerage
2. Curry night in a portaloo

In other noos, Angela Merkel says Germany 'will do what we can' to ensure that Britain stays in the European Union and that she shares many of the same concerns
She told an audience of business leaders: “I agree that the UK should remain a member of the European Union But, of course, the decision isn’t up to us, it is up to the British.

I find it hilarious that when our Prime Minister goes to negotiate, he is slammed and railed by moist Juncker and Merkeleli; when our Chancellor goes to negotiate, Chancellor Merkel capitulates. I think there must be German confusion as to who is in charge of the United Kingdoms xD
Well to be fair, Merkel's probably got a better idea of that than Cameron himself. In seriousness though, I suspect it's a reversal of certainties. Whilst the UK's cuddling up to the Chinese like a whore in Hong Kong because its making money like a corrupt HSBC exec laundering ISIS shekels and has no humanitarian crisis on its borders because it's not mentally retarded and has been an Atlantic bridge to the USA like a Persian Mcdonalds silk road Germany has been sad with close to 4,000 job losses expected at Deutsche Bank and German export falling faster than a hamplanet in a slipper Gregs.
Bavarians reporting to Putinnews say the sheer quantity of migrants will bring anarchy or civil war to Germany. I'm 90% the subtext behind this is that Russia is funding russian speaking jihadist self defence forces within Germany to try and push Germany off one crisis into a pit full of crISIS. Which is a dick move, as Germany doesn't need help in rolling off the cliff, it's already rolling full steam ahead. I wonder what options Germany has to fix itself without screwing over the rest of Yurop.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 03, 2015, 03:00:09 pm »

Germany needs the migrants. Each German woman only has 1.4 babies, which is exactly the same as Japan. And Japan is headed to a halving of the current population within a few decades.

It's easy to do the maths. Germany either gets immigrants now and has some problem assimilating them. OR Germany waits until they've depopulated down to about 30 million people, then they start letting immigrants in then, at a time there will be so few native Germans that you have no hope in hell of intergrating a large number of people.

Sure, some neonazi types won't like you bringing in more people right now, but it's infinitely smarter to try and integrate more people into the culture while you still have a culture than let the entire German-speaking nation decline to zero population then worry about it afterwards. Some people say they're destroying the culture by allowing in immigrants? More like saving the culture ...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 03:05:36 pm by Reelya »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 03, 2015, 03:06:54 pm »

It would be much better to just force 1 child policy on the entire world. In only one generation, migrant problem will no longer exist.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #348 on: November 03, 2015, 03:15:57 pm »

Germany needs the migrants. Each German woman only has 1.4 babies, which is exactly the same as Japan. And Japan is headed to a halving of the current population within a few decades.
Why does Germany need migrants? Why is Japan's overpopulation solving itself bad?

It's easy to do the maths. Germany either gets immigrants now and has some problem assimilating them. OR Germany waits until they've depopulated down to about 30 million people, then they start letting immigrants in then, at a time there will be so few native Germans that you have no hope in hell of intergrating a large number of people.
"Some problem assimilating" hahahahahahaha

Sure, some neonazi types won't like you bringing in more people right now, but it's infinitely smarter to try and integrate more people into the culture while you still have a culture than let the entire German-speaking nation decline to zero population then worry about it afterwards. Some people say they're destroying the culture by allowing in immigrants? More like saving the culture ...
War is peace, love is hate

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 03, 2015, 03:18:21 pm »

Who says population decrease is a bad thing? Besides, bringing in people from somewhere else to solve a pension crisis only creates another pension crisis in the future. It's going to suck in the short term, but it's better for humanity as a whole if we bite the bullet on this one and let stage 4 happen.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 03, 2015, 03:19:49 pm »

Population decrease is a bad thing if you want to preserve your own culture and other countries are still growing. They should look at maintaining a stable population, and that's pretty much exactly what policy they've been enacting:

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.POP.GROW
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 03:24:10 pm by Reelya »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #351 on: November 03, 2015, 03:23:56 pm »

Population decrease is a bad thing if you want to preserve your own culture and other countries are still growing.
A baseless assertion which flies in the face of received wisdom with no explanation or evidence? Well then.

They should look at maintaining a stable population.
Too late, they fucked up big time

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 03, 2015, 03:24:35 pm »

Population decrease is a bad thing if you want to preserve your own culture and other countries are still growing. They should look at maintaining a stable population.

Just learn to say German idioms in French and you'll be fine.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 03, 2015, 03:25:10 pm »

0.3% growth for 2013-2014, -1.7% growth the year before that. If there was a spike in 2015, that would only be a blip so far, not a trend. That's the figures I get from the World Bank data. Unless you have a different source or interpretation, LW?

But the 2012 result, that German population actually fell by 6 times the current annual growth when they didn't keep up immigration actually tells you something. They're immigrating just enough people to replace the losses, and really no more. It will take until 2018 just to replace the population decline in 2012 at current rates.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 03:33:02 pm by Reelya »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 03, 2015, 04:14:29 pm »

I always love how LW is so proud that the UK doesn't have a refugee problem, like he dug the English channel by himself using the corpse of Margaret Thatcher for a shovel.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 03, 2015, 04:31:49 pm »

I always love how LW is so proud that the UK doesn't have a refugee problem, like he dug the English channel by himself using the corpse of Margaret Thatcher for a shovel.
Is that how the iron lady got so rusty in the end? All the salt water?

EDIT oh wait you wrote "the corpse of.." didn't see that. Ah well, she'd have made a great shovel at life too I suppose. She sure was stiff enough.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 04:34:25 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #356 on: November 03, 2015, 04:44:47 pm »

Yeah exactly, we have refugees - not a refugee problem, and certainly not the German "PLEASE YOU HAVE TO GO BACK BUT WE'RE STILL TOLERANT BTW" knicker twisting

And if I were to dig a channel, it would be with nothing other than Germany's greatest contribution to humanity: The bagger 288
In all seriousness though there is only much to be proud of; helping more than Germany without screwing our own nation like Germany or fucking European people from Berlin to Athens because lets get tolerantly Merkelbants

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 03, 2015, 05:05:17 pm »

I always love how I can stay with a LW post for about 75%, before the last quarter devolves into memeness I'm ill-equipped to get.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 03, 2015, 07:27:12 pm »

BAGGER 288!

Those things operate near where I live. It's a fucking impressive picture: Field, wind turbine, field, field, house, tree, field, tree, MASSIVE FUCKING HOLE IN THE GROUND WITH GIANT METAL THINGS DEVOURING THE LANDSCAPE
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 03, 2015, 08:46:04 pm »

The comments section gave me this gem:
I came here for info on the worlds biggest vehicle.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 39