Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves wont dump clothing  (Read 465 times)

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
Dwarves wont dump clothing
« on: October 02, 2015, 11:03:47 am »

Hey so I have loads of worn clothing laying around where dwarves have discarded it. I have an active garbage dump zone, two in fact one inside out outside I have a dwarf set to nothing but refuse hauling and many other idle dwarves. None of the items are forbidden, they aren't owned and the dump site is accessible Dwarves will still not dump the items after waiting a while. What's going on?
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves wont dump clothing
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 11:05:26 am »

Have you marked the clothing for dumping? They aren't automatically marked unless you use some kind of plug-in.

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 11:07:04 am »

Have you marked the clothing for dumping? They aren't automatically marked unless you use some kind of plug-in.

Hey yeah I have with k,d
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 01:35:16 pm »

Dumping seems to be a low priority task (of the refuse hauling category), so getting decently sized dumping taskt done can take ages, although it helps to have haulers that only hauls garbage (and harvests, of course) to get those tasks done. Also, a change in the jobs rewrite is that dorfs now walks away after doing a task, and only gets a new one after walking away a bit (Lever pulling repeats suffer from that change, if you use it). Apart from the lag it also generates "idle" dwarves that are just between jobs.