Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 75

Author Topic: ITS RAINING SIDEWAYS! (2020 N. American Hurricane Thread)  (Read 115785 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: ITS RAINING SIDEWAYS! (2018 N. American Hurricane Thread)
« Reply #705 on: September 12, 2018, 04:22:28 pm »

5pm update:

Spoiler: DERP (click to show/hide)

I think Florence might be a little drunk, or else the meteorologists are. Now projected to make a significant left turn, make multiple landfalls, then take a right turn for maximum scouring of Lesser Carolina.

Worth noting however, that the TS wind radius is up to a pretty amazing 195 miles. I.e. the storm is basically 400 miles across, so even if the eye lurches into South Carolina, we're still gonna be wailed on here in North Cackalacky.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: September 12, 2018, 05:32:14 pm »

The blood sacrifice proved successful after all.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: September 12, 2018, 05:35:56 pm »

You fool! All you did was bless the rains down in Africa! Now nobody knows how many hurricanes will be in the Atlantic basin by next week! 3? 5? 362?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: September 12, 2018, 05:39:20 pm »

You fool! All you did was bless the rains down in Africa! Now nobody knows how many hurricanes will be in the Atlantic basin by next week! 3? 5? 362?
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do.

I've gotta say, this sudden westward lurch in the track almost has me thinking that Pat Robertson really does have some kind of prayer forcefield going around Virginia Beach.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: September 12, 2018, 06:03:07 pm »

It's only a baptismal on Sundays. During the week it houses the shield generator.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: September 12, 2018, 06:18:50 pm »

I've gotta say, this sudden westward lurch in the track almost has me thinking that Pat Robertson really does have some kind of prayer forcefield going around Virginia Beach.

If Pat Robertson is so confident of his prayer forcefield, he should get in a boat and go RIGHT in front of the hurricane, maybe, just MAYBE it'll work! /bleeding edge sarcasm (in case religious people are thinking I want Pat Robertson to off himself)

Also, it's rather selfish for him to put a prayer shield around himself, maybe he oughta do it for ALL Americans.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: September 12, 2018, 06:21:48 pm »

He must construct additional pylons churches in order to do that
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: September 12, 2018, 06:44:45 pm »

EDIT: Just went out to check the river. It's definitely higher than normal, flowing quickly, and...it's red. Like, sort of a hot cocoa reddish-brown. I'm using to seeing muddy rivers, but I've never seen it be this color before.  ???
This is something I'd like a picture of.
5pm update:

Spoiler: DERP (click to show/hide)

I think Florence might be a little drunk, or else the meteorologists are. Now projected to make a significant left turn, make multiple landfalls, then take a right turn for maximum scouring of Lesser Carolina.
With that kind of trajectory, North Carolina's new nickname may soon be "The Only Carolina."
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: September 12, 2018, 06:50:08 pm »

One Carolina. Carolina forever!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: September 12, 2018, 06:57:20 pm »

If Pat Robertson is so confident of his prayer forcefield, he should get in a boat and go RIGHT in front of the hurricane, maybe, just MAYBE it'll work! /bleeding edge sarcasm (in case religious people are thinking I want Pat Robertson to off himself)

Also, it's rather selfish for him to put a prayer shield around himself, maybe he oughta do it for ALL Americans.
But if he did that, he might accidentally get some of teh gay inside the shield, nullifying its power.

EDIT: Just went out to check the river. It's definitely higher than normal, flowing quickly, and...it's red. Like, sort of a hot cocoa reddish-brown. I'm using to seeing muddy rivers, but I've never seen it be this color before.  ???
This is something I'd like a picture of.

Have sealed the backdoor up with a mixture of plastic sheeting, weatherstripping, plywood and sandbags. I have my baked beans and beer handy. I've removed everything lying around outside that could potentially go airborne. Bring on the sharknadocane, I guess?

EDIT: The evacuee train is real, y'all. I-40 West is at a crawl for a hundred miles or so coming up from the coast. Could be the largest mass migration of people in NC history. Tens, if not hundreds of thousands. Shelters are filling up all over the state. Raleigh alone is urging about 26,000 residents in low-lying areas to relocate.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 07:03:10 pm by RedKing »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: September 12, 2018, 07:00:46 pm »

I guess there could be room for a morbid curiosity regarding just how badly the shitgibbon could bungle things, that it'd result in south carolina being deleted. Somehow the demented fuck decides nuking the state is the appropriate way forward? The puerto rico response could be called an unsung success if you make it relative to that sort of level of achievement...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: September 12, 2018, 07:01:33 pm »

That doesn't look like a massively uncommon color for where I am. Maybe there's more of that red clay over here, though.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: September 12, 2018, 07:03:24 pm »

The link you gave for the 5pm update is now the 8pm update. Anyhow, it's going at the same speed and weakened somewhat to 115mph. Theres still time for it to restrengthen, if it does. Track looks basically unchanged, except for maybe the depression part of it angling back north more.

That doesn't look like a massively uncommon color for where I am. Maybe there's more of that red clay over here, though.

That was my thought too, that maybe it was due to clay.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: September 12, 2018, 07:06:12 pm »

I guess there could be room for a morbid curiosity regarding just how badly the shitgibbon could bungle things, that it'd result in south carolina being deleted. Somehow the demented fuck decides nuking the state is the appropriate way forward? The puerto rico response could be called an unsung success if you make it relative to that sort of level of achievement...
Nah, he'd just blame South Carolinians for not having gills and/or built-in flotation devices. Very lazy genes, terrible evolution. SAD!

And yeah, I know it's from red clay, but we always have red clay. Typically it turns the water just brown or yellowish-brown, not this chocolatey brown. I mean, it literally looks like a river of Nesquik flowing by.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: September 12, 2018, 07:09:18 pm »

... take a sip to be sure? Clearly nothing could go wrong with this idea.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 75