Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 76

Author Topic: ITS RAINING SIDEWAYS! (2020 N. American Hurricane Thread)  (Read 116851 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ITS RAINING SIDEWAYS! (2017 N. American Hurricane Thread)
« Reply #105 on: August 25, 2017, 09:21:48 pm »

I saw the lightning, thought I thought maybe a transformer exploded or something.

now they're.... getting outta there? he got in the car. edit: no, not going anywhere.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 25, 2017, 09:22:51 pm »

They're... probably not leaving. Like, where they're at right now, if that car gets out from under cover it's probably going to start doing acrobatics. Maybe it's got some hella' mods of some sort on it, but...
The car is inside a car wash building apparently, which is decent cover. It's squat and heavy. And a car can't take impacts all that well, but at least it'll hit that instead of you.
Eh, it can make a difference, just only so much of one. Cat 1 or 2 or so and I wouldn't see it as sketchy as I do at th'mo' (hell, I've been outside in winds at those levels before, if far enough inland a lot of the worst of it was mitigated even with the winds going as strong), but... that ain't a cat 1 or 2. Or 3. Hit'll transfer through a vehicle even if it doesn't puncture, winds like that can take down just about anything civilian if it hits it the right way, etc., etc.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 25, 2017, 09:23:13 pm »

They're not going anywhere. Even shielded the car is rocking back and forth. It wouldn't be able to move under its own power if it went out there.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 25, 2017, 09:25:05 pm »

They're... probably not leaving. Like, where they're at right now, if that car gets out from under cover it's probably going to start doing acrobatics. Maybe it's got some hella' mods of some sort on it, but...
The car is inside a car wash building apparently, which is decent cover. It's squat and heavy. And a car can't take impacts all that well, but at least it'll hit that instead of you.
Eh, it can make a difference, just only so much of one. Cat 1 or 2 or so and I wouldn't see it as sketchy as I do at th'mo' (hell, I've been outside in winds at those levels before, if far enough inland a lot of the worst of it was mitigated even with the winds going as strong), but... that ain't a cat 1 or 2. Or 3. Hit'll transfer through a vehicle even if it doesn't puncture, winds like that can take down just about anything civilian if it hits it the right way, etc., etc.

That reminds me of the guy who basically built a tank so that he could drive it through a tornado. Granted, a tornado lasts a hell of a lot less time than a hurricane.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 25, 2017, 09:25:51 pm »

They're not going anywhere. Even shielded the car is rocking back and forth. It wouldn't be able to move under its own power if it went out there.
It would certainly be moving though.

He just mentioned the pressure is down around 939mb, which is pretty impressive.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 25, 2017, 09:26:44 pm »

And now the camera is just staring out the windshield at the wipers.... dunno what they're doing.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 25, 2017, 09:30:16 pm »

And now the camera is just staring out the windshield at the wipers.... dunno what they're doing.
From the sound of things, he's having R2D2 adjust the hyperdrive.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 25, 2017, 09:32:18 pm »

I'm shocked that this streaming site is still up. Their second most popular feed is a dozen people, compared to this 65-70k.

Edit: The roof of the car wash is peeling off.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 25, 2017, 09:33:08 pm »

Just lost the roof.

EDIT: And the rest of the building.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 25, 2017, 09:34:36 pm »

And now the building.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 25, 2017, 09:34:49 pm »

They lost the roof that they were under a while ago. Big shower of debris being blown past the car now.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2017, 09:36:13 pm »

WHOA, the white thing that was behind them collapsed and now he's trying to see where the debris came from.

something got shredded.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 09:37:44 pm by smjjames »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 25, 2017, 09:38:01 pm »

This guy really needs to make his screams of excitement sound less like screams of having been impaled by a flying object, I've tabbed over in a panic a few times now.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2017, 09:38:10 pm »

Feed is gaining viewers at about 1000 every 7 seconds. Guess word got around of "Hey, watch this guy that's about to die on live stream"

The site seems to be failing too. Stream keeps getting interrupted for me.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 25, 2017, 09:39:44 pm »

Live feed seems dead? Refreshing just shows the last couple seconds of chaotic something.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 76