Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Knock knock!  (Read 31876 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Knock knock! Welcome to Undertown!
« Reply #180 on: October 21, 2015, 02:18:19 am »

"If he doesn't investigate, I'll sneak up on him and try to fire.  If I end up struggling with him, you can come and reinforce while he's distracted with me."

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #181 on: October 21, 2015, 12:42:11 pm »

'do that'
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Nunzillor

« Reply #182 on: October 21, 2015, 12:51:03 pm »

"Did you hear something?  Gosh, I hope I'm not going mad..."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 21, 2015, 01:10:22 pm »

"You're right, I don't know what I was thinking.  Anyway here's my plan, what do you think?"

Hide to the right of the maintenance space's tunnel, with Lisa to the left such that anyone in the tunnel can't see us.  Then, throw something at the stairs to make the space janitor come to investigate.  When he gets close, we both fire at him with our laser pistols set to stun.
"If he doesn't investigate, I'll sneak up on him and try to fire.  If I end up struggling with him, you can come and reinforce while he's distracted with me."

"I hope it works."

"Did you hear something?  Gosh, I hope I'm not going mad..."

"Nope, only him." Lisa nods at direction of space janitor.

You set your plan on motion. Lisa moves behind a larger trash can and you scoot on the other side next some bags. Who is leaving all this crap here? It's a disgrace for all janitors everywhere!

You find a pebble and toss it back at stairs. It makes just enough sound to be heard by the space janitor. You don't see what he does, but it suddenly becomes very silent, the only sound you hear is your own heart beating. Seconds pass and turn into minutes, but he doesn't come. Looks like he's not buying what you are selling... Well then, initiate plan B.

You peek into the tunnel and stare down at rifle barrel just few meters away. Volume of gun shot is multiplied as it echoes in tunnels and bullet sends shards of concrete flying around. Whoah, that was too close! What was plan C again?

Just to clarify current positions:
----------------------------------

< stairs     Lisa *      You
--------------------     ---------
                   |     |
                   |     |
                   |    *|
                   |*  J |
                   |    *|
                   |    *|
                   |*  * |
                   |*  B |

* = Random objects
J = Janitor
B = Body bag
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nunzillor

« Reply #184 on: October 21, 2015, 01:19:11 pm »

((Crud.  Is there anything behind me, or is that a dead end?))

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #185 on: October 21, 2015, 02:01:11 pm »

'plan c you ask? well.... emm..... run?'

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 21, 2015, 03:14:35 pm »

((Crud.  Is there anything behind me, or is that a dead end?))

A tunnel, it goes somewhere. Gonna ditch Lisa?

'plan c you ask? well.... emm..... run?'

Are you playing a helpful ghost? Because I can use that.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #187 on: October 21, 2015, 03:27:47 pm »

'kay, ill be one.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 21, 2015, 04:28:58 pm »

Keep running trying to weave in-between buildings and alleys trying to put some distance in between myself and the trolls.

"I don't know where to go Lisa! Where in the world would we be safe from legit monsters. Oh dear.. this is insane."

Nunzillor

« Reply #189 on: October 21, 2015, 08:05:54 pm »

((Nah, just checking the space available...))

Signal to Lisa to wait while I go further down my side and get some other cover.  Assuming he starts moving to the intersection, and then starts moving my way, Lisa can ambush him with her laser pistol.  After all, he saw me but not her.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 08:47:43 pm by Nunzillor »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 22, 2015, 02:37:44 pm »

Keep running trying to weave in-between buildings and alleys trying to put some distance in between myself and the trolls.

"I don't know where to go Lisa! Where in the world would we be safe from legit monsters. Oh dear.. this is insane."

Lisa sniffs on your shoulder before responding. "They know where I... we are. We have to hide... in somewhere where they can't find us. Under plain sight? Maybe... or Old Town. Yes, Old Town! I should have gone there in first place! It's... below. Deep down. And I can run now, you can put me down."

Sounds of chasing grow faint as you run into narrow alleys, too narrow for those big guys.

((Nah, just checking the space available...))

Signal to Lisa to wait while I go further down my side and get some other cover.  Assuming he starts moving to the intersection, and then starts moving my way, Lisa can ambush him with her laser pistol.  After all, he saw me but not her.

It is a decent plan. Let's hope it works.

You explain the idea to Lisa with sign language and run down into the tunnel a little making enough sound so the crazy janitor knows you are still alive and kicking. You hide behind one particular pile of crap and plywood and wait.

He doesn't come. Instead you hear again those same noises he made before when he moved stuff around in the tunnel. Guess he doesn't think you are important enough.

'kay, ill be one.

It has been a while since you last time saw someone as entertaining as this Dr. Von Glitzinger. The guy is totally crazy, he literally sees the world very differently, yet in same time manages to operate effectively within Real World ™. And pretty good hearted guy on top of it. And if that's not enough it seems he can hear you to some degree. It is first time you see someone with such ability after your death. Of course many people have claimed ability to communicate with ghosts, but you have proven them wrong posthumously. Granted, you are the only one who knows that since you haven't seen any other ghosts around nor have you talked with living ones.

Anyway, this guy ought to be interesting. The girl is interesting as well since her soul is stretched all over the place, or at least you think it is her soul. The whole thing is ready to snap back together if anchor points are poked hard enough. Or, once again, so you believe. You are by no means a professional about this, it simply appears to you this way.

Oh he moves. Waves goodbye at the kid. What? Is he ditching the kid after things get dangerous!? What a dick! Wait, no. He's just hiding little futher away. And the cloak guy waits few moments before going back to moving crap around. This time slower, rifle ready in hand. He moves last plywood panel resting against the wall to side and reveals a crappy dark tunnel hidden behind.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nunzillor

Re: Knock knock! Where are my players?
« Reply #191 on: October 22, 2015, 04:37:31 pm »

Not good... Not good... Maybe...

Shout "I have the girl!" That'll get his attention.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 02:27:07 am by Nunzillor »

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 22, 2015, 06:09:47 pm »

"Well lead the way then I guess."

Follow Lisa wherever she shall go.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 23, 2015, 04:25:29 am »

*remains quite very dead*
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #194 on: October 23, 2015, 12:04:28 pm »

' he found a tunnel! do something guys!'
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14