Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: You Can't Die 2! (interactive Storytelling game) THE END  (Read 17743 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: You Can't Die 2! (interactive Storytelling game)
« Reply #150 on: October 06, 2015, 10:48:27 am »

You tell Fluffles to burn the levers, and in one constant stream of flame, he incinerates all the Goblins standing near them, but the levers themselves are made out of  metal, so they remain intact. The remaining Goblins scatter in every direction, screaming. Gat and Grommok take one of the exits, and you run Fluffles over to the other. You and Gat slaughter nearly every Goblin. One Goblin remained, and he ran over to the "dungeon" lever and pulled it. You hear the sound of ratchets and chains, and you see a metal portcullis raise in one of the side tunnels in the entrance.  You look down into the entrance, and see Almar and Fleister suddenly turn to the side tunnel, and dash into it. You hear three distinct dragon roars inside the dungeon, and the sound of fighting. Why was Gasmog locked up in his own dungeon? Now that you think about it, why wasn't the "alert" lever pulled when Fleister and Almar entered the Fortress? The Goblin who pulled the "dungeon" lever probably has some answers, but he didn't look like he was going to talk willingly.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 06, 2015, 07:25:02 pm »

Looks like it's time to use our trusty hunting knife again. Demonstrate human's cruelty!

Get over there to that bitchass little goblin quivering in his bitchass little armor and then grab his bitchass little arm and break a bitchass  little finger of his while calmly saying 'Talk.' Then if it says 'What?' break another finger and say 'Say What again, I dare you, I fucking dare you!'

Break more fingers as required until we get what we need, then just leave it there, broken and weeping. A warning to those who stand in our way.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 06, 2015, 07:26:53 pm »

Looks like it's time to use our trusty hunting knife again. Demonstrate human's cruelty!

Get over there to that bitchass little goblin quivering in his bitchass little armor and then grab his bitchass little arm and break a bitchass  little finger of his while calmly saying 'Talk.' Then if it says 'What?' break another finger and say 'Say What again, I dare you, I fucking dare you!'

Break more fingers as required until we get what we need, then just leave it there, broken and weeping. A warning to those who stand in our way.
+1, but Remember to mutilate using our knife as necessary
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 06, 2015, 09:19:14 pm »

You calmly draw your hunting knife, and walk over to him. You take his hand in yours, and say, "talk" the Goblin replies incredibly calmly, "what do you want to talk about?" You bend one of his finger until it breaks. Surprisingly, the Goblin doesn't react. You say in a much harsher voice, "Say 'what' again, I dare you. I freaking dare you." You break another finger while you say this. To you astonishment, the Goblin begins to laugh. "You are a fool human, I fear neither death nor pain. For I have seen true beauty! Ha ha ha!" While he was saying this, you break yet another finger, and scratch his arm with your knife. The Goblin opens his other hand, and inside is a small white gem with a pulsating glow. Gat gasps from behind you. "An elven star gem!? How on earth did you come by this? The elves never let anyone else lay eyes on them!" The Goblin laughs again, "I got it from the elf of course. He gave it to me as long as I swore to pull this lever a few moments after he entered." "WHICH ELF?" Gat shouts, while shaking him. "The rider of course."
Gat lets out a scream, and cuts the Goblin's head off. The head flies through the open window looking over the entrance. You walk over to the window and see the head hit the floor with a splat. Next, you see Gasmog, the Goblin dragon rider, and his water dragon as big as Jawrok, but not as big as Almar's Ice dragon. Gasmog has an arrow in his left arm, and his dragon has a large triple scratch on his neck, and one of his legs appeared to be frozen solid. Gasmog was fleeing as fast as he could Fleister was the first in pursuit, followed by Almar. You see Gasmog turn towards Fleister and shout, "IT WASN'T ME! IT WAS ALMAR! YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE ME! ALMAR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR GORLAG'S DEATH!"
Fleister hesitates for a moment, then continues the pursuit. It appeared he didn't believe Gasmog. Gat grabs you and holds you close to his face. He shouts at you, "Were you attacked by an Orc pack led by Raddok?" You say yes. Gat throws you to the ground in anger. "I was a fool. We have all been deceived. Almar told Raddok to kill a group of renegade humans, which I now so was you. When I arrived at the siege of Rendrak, I noticed that the Goblins were not particularly attacking the elven army annihilating them. They were solely intent on killing Fleister and Gorlag. This whole time, Almar has been trying to kill us." He mounts Grommok and flies him out of the window and into the entrance. Gasmog, Fleister, and Almar had already left the fortress. You quickly mount Fluffles and follow. What you see outside of the fortress is completely horrifying.
Gasmog's dragon was dead. One of it's wings was burnt down to the bones and the other one was in millions of shattered, icy pieces strewn in a trench across the ground that could only have been from the dragon crashing into the ground at full speed. There were scorch marks all over the dragon's body, but the killing blow must have been from Almar's dragon, as the head and neck was frozen solid. You look for Gasmog himself, and find a charred, burnt body not far from the dragon. You look up and see Fleister and Almar fighting. Almar must have gotten a surprise attack, because Almar's dragon had bitten Jawrok in the neck and was shaking his head all over the place. There was so much blood flying through the air that it became difficult to make out details, but suddenly, Jawrok's wings stop beating, and Almar releases the dragon to fall to it's doom. You and Gat were flying full speed towards Almar. To a bystander, the sight must have been pretty comical. Fluffles, the size of a house, and Grommok, the size of two houses next to each other, together charging a dragon larger than a human citadel. To Gat, however, the situation was not comical. His Orc rage was driving his every move. He was farther ahead of you, so you shout as loud as you can for him to join you and attack together. He must have heard you, because he wheels Grommok around, but the Ice dragon blasted a cone of freeze between you two, keeping you two separate. Almar then chased Gat away from you. Gat led Grommok to the only place where they might be safe, the small lake outside of the fortress. Grommok dives into the lake, but Almar and his dragon follow Grommok under the water and freeze the surface of the lake above him, denying him any chance of escaping. The whole surface of the lake is frozen before you can even reach Almar. Gat is trapped underwater, and you are alone.
You expect Almar to begin attacking you immediately, but instead, he starts talking. "You, you are the only one of them that recognized the honor and wisdom of the elves. You told me yourself back at the meeting in Rendrek. Surely you realize that by doing this, I am completing the prophecy.

Of the 5 races, one will shake.
And in that moment, the peace shall break.

(The Goblins were so easy to tempt, they were the ones who broke the peace. Once I was finished, I would kill them to get the star gems back.)

A rider of one race will take power,
And War will start within that hour.

(I have taken off the yoke that the other elves put upon themselves. I had to lock up the other three elf riders because they did not see my wisdom. But they will see when I am finished. The moment I tempted the Goblins, they mobilized an army.)

In order for the strife to finish,
That rider's power must diminish.

(Once I eliminate the resistance, I will return triumphantly, and become equal to my brethren. The war will be over.)

one rider of each remaining race will go.
Together, they will confront the foe.

(The foe is clearly the Goblins. They were the ones to start the fighting.)

And One final battle between these five,
determines if the world will die or thrive.

(That battle is already won. The world will thrive under the wisdom and direction of the elves. It never says that there cannot be two of us.)

I am glad that you see the sacrifice I had to make to reach this moment. Will you return with me to my brethren? Every Glory imaginable awaits you there!
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 07, 2015, 02:29:53 am »

Throw our hammer at Almar with all our strength, smashing his ribcage into jagged shards, which impale his chest cavity.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 07, 2015, 06:08:55 am »

Clench our jaws.

and use.. DECEPTION! The Elf will never know it coming.

Give him a wide, human smile. "Congratulations!" we say. "Now the world will be peaceful! We'll be taken through the golden era by the infinite wisdom of the elves and eternal rulership! It's perfect!"

Then bow at Almar as best as we can while still riding ontop of Fluffles. "Please, allow me to be the one rider who would bow and congratulates you. If you would be so kind, may I do so in the human way? You've saved our world, I wish to hug you for all of the sacrifice and trouble you've gone through. It must've been so difficult, the plan was brilliant! Truely, no Man nor Beast could defeat you!"

Then, if/once the Almar, who doesn't understand the concept of sarcasm, allow us to come close to him, hold him in our arms... he's probably gloating something like 'Yes, no Man can defeat me! muwahaha!' or however he does things.

Then we look up at him, remove our helmet to reveal that.. le-gasp! We're a Woman the whole  time! Whisper "Hello, I am no Man." Then shank that bitchass motherfucker in the Neck Games-of-Thrones Style with our hunting knife before whispering into his ears with a wicked smile. "And the World is mine.."

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 07, 2015, 08:46:38 am »

You know that taking Almar on in an even fight will be nearly impossible, and you know that Gat's time is limited, so you must make the fight as uneven in your favor as possible. You decide to deceive him. "I cannot congratulate you enough on your victory! No man will be able to confront your honor. Every man will bow in servitude at the presence of the infinite wisdom of the elves. There will be peace in the land for eternity. No man will ever be insubordinate to you again! I tell you, man will be kept safe under your guidance. Thank you so much." You give a bow. "Please allow me the honor of congratulating you in the human way. You have saved the world from destruction, so I would be honored if I could hug you. It is the least I could do after the sacrifices you had to make to reach this triumphant moment. It must have been difficult, but your plan was flawless, and your skill unmatched. No man will ever be able to beat you!" Almar replies, "Of course you may hug me! I am not an oppressive ruler! I just know what's best for everyone and I will force it on them for their own good." You come up to him, stand on his dragon, and hug him. Almar adds, "Of course, it is also true that no man could defeat me, even if one wanted to." At this, you slowly take off your helmet that had been on your head the entire adventure. You untie your hair and let it fall on your shoulders. Almar looks stunned for a few moments. Then you say quietly in his ear, "But I am no man."
You draw your knife and slash for his throat, unfortunately, Almar dodged backwards just in the nick of time. Your blade gives him a shallow cut along his neck. Some blood starts dripping down his throat. He looks down in surprise, then in anger. "How dare you release the sacred elven blood. For this, you will die!" He pulls out two short elf daggers, one in each hand. He also has a bow slung on his back, but you won't have to worry about that in this close quarters. Fluffles breathes a spurt of fire at the Ice dragon's face, momentarily blinding it. However, the dragon quickly regains vision and give chase of Fluffles. You are Almar are fighting atop is dragon. You have a hammer and your knife. Falling off from this height would be instant death once you hit the ground

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 07, 2015, 09:12:17 am »

Then let's make Almar Fall!  ;D

Gat's running out of time, we have to wrap this up quick. Jab our hunting knife inbetween the Ice Dragon's scale, not to hurt it, but to give us something to hold onto. Then smashes the dwarven hammer down onto the pommel, staking our blade into the Dragon then hold on for dear life as the unexpected pain startles the beast!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 07, 2015, 10:33:17 am »

Almar comes at you with a fury of attacks, almost faster that your eyes can follow. It is only by retreating up the Ice dragon's neck that you survive. You try once or twice to smash him with your hammer, thinking that his blades will be unable to parry the attack, but Almar just easily prances out of the way. Once you get a small respite, you jam your knife under a scale, and hammer it into the hide with all your might. You were hoping that it would seriously injure Almar's dragon, but the dragon was so large, that even with the entire blade into it's skin, it felt only like thorn to a human. However, the sudden pain in the lower neck caused the Ice Dragon to flinch, causing Almar to stumble. The dragon then begins shaking his head, to try to get you off. You hold on to the handle of the knife with all of your strength. You look up and see Almar fall down completely and start to slide off the side, but he also jams his knife inside a scale, but not far enough to hurt his dragon. Almar yells something, and his dragon stops shaking its head. You stand back up, and try to get your knife out, but it is lodged too firmly. You look for Fluffles, and see the Ice Dragon bearing down on him, following his every move. The Ice dragon could fly faster and Fluffles was slowly getting closer and closer to the dragon's teeth.

In case you haven't noticed, this boss fight will take quite a few actions to conclude. Almar is a much tougher cookie than the average Goblin.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 07, 2015, 10:54:20 am »

We're near the head, right?

Well, it's time we demonstrate some human Batshit insanity. Almar is still a way's away, I think we could try and wrench our knife out with our Dwarven hammer. Who knows, maybe wiggling it around will help?

Once we have it, or at least have something sharp. Let's climb near the Ice Dragon's maw and jump right into it's mouth! Watch out for the tongue and teeth! Maybe if we try wiggling down it's throat before it could chew us, we can start slicing and dragging our blade all over the place and drown it in it's own blood before we burst out of it's neck Alien-style?

Surely Almar would just look at us and think that we've went insane when we jumped into his dragon's mouth. He wouldn't follow us.. right?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 07, 2015, 12:33:42 pm »

The large dragon might be faster, but ours is smaller and more maneuverable. Have our dragon start flying around it, bobbing and weaving, and even occasionally trying to blast Almar with some tasty dragonbreath.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 07, 2015, 02:14:32 pm »

You swing your hammer like a golf club, and the knife wrenches free, making the dragon flinch again. You pick it up and run all the way up the neck to the head. You tell Fluffles to start flying around the Ice dragon, since he was more maneuverable. The Ice dragon turns its head to follow Fluffles, and you whack it's eye with your hammer. The dragon's reflex closed its eyelid before the hammer hit, but you still felt the hammer sink into the eye through the eyelid. The dragon lets out a roar and Almar screams some probably terrible words to you in elvish. He begins running at you with crazy speed which must have taken amazing balance. Before he could get to you, you jump into the Dragon's mouth. You don't even have to worry about the teeth because they are the sizes of short trees. You simply run between a gap and head for it's throat, cutting a large swath in it's cheek along the way. You feel the temperature drop astoundingly fast and hide behind a tooth. A stream of freezing air rushes past the tooth you are standing behind and out of the mouth. The air liquefied the air and made it rain cold water inside the mouth. Once the breath was over, you continue running. An angry shout from behind you makes you turn around. Almar actually followed you into the maw of his own dragon! He was wielding his bow and began loosing arrow after arrow at you. You dodge as best as you can, taking momentary shelter behind teeth. With every respite, though, Almar got closer. He sheathed his bow and drew hit two daggers again. You made it to the throat and tried to slice into it with your knife, but the knife got stuck fast into the wall of the throat. You yank on it and it comes free, the cut seals up afterward. It appeared the whole throat was made of a thick mucus to protect it from sharp things. You come to the last tooth, and wait for Almar to come around it. Above you is the uvula above you, as large as a church bell, and the epiglottis covering the esophagus. The windpipe was covered in the same mucus as the throat, but it was more viscous, so you would probably sink into it if you stepped in it. Finally, Almar rounded the tooth and charged at you, daggers gleaming.

I probably should have shown this before, but this is sort of what the size comparison is (I stole it from Eragon)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 02:17:55 pm by origamiscienceguy »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 07, 2015, 03:03:11 pm »

Do the good ol sidestep and kick, knocking him deeper into his own beast, before hoping you don't die horridly from said beast coughing violently.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 07, 2015, 03:38:08 pm »

You dodge to the side, and stick your foot out to trip him. It works, but he catches your foot with his, and you both tumble to the ground. Suddenly, it goes dark. The dragon had shut its mouth. You and Almar struggle in the dark. He punched you in the jaw, and you very shallowly slash something. You feel the air in the mouth get cold. You quickly run for a tooth and hide behind it. The mouth opens and sunlight shines into the cavernous maw. The blast of cryonic air flows past you again. You don't see Almar anywhere near you. The cold air suddenly becomes hot! You see fire enter the mouth. It fights with the cold air and pushes its way to the back of the mouth! The dragon closes its mouth and it becomes dark again. Then a strange sound comes from the dragon's throat. You hear the sound of rushing liquid, then you are caught up in the flood and sent out of the mouth, which had now opened. The liquid stung your skin and smelled nasty. You are launched out of the mouth in a waterfall of green and brown liquid. Something heavy knocks the hammer out of your hand. You grab at it and find it to be a blade completely missing a handle. You kick off something else heavy and you float out of the waterfall of nastiness. You are now in free fall. You look down and see miles of air before you can just make out the lake that Gat is still trapped under. You see Almar floating relatively close to you. He angles his body and flies towards you. He still had all of his weapons. You look at Fluffles and find him continually dodging the Ice dragons attacks while giving numerous, but mostly harmless scratches along the dragon's vulnerable parts. You still have your hunting knife, but your hammer was replaced with a handle-less blade.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 07, 2015, 04:08:40 pm »

At this point, we should focus on falling in the right spot. Start looking for some safe-ish terrain to land, and try to angle yourself towards it. At the very least, you can engage the persistent elf when you're not both about to die horridly.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13