Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I need help with clothes in general  (Read 7279 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: I need help with clothes in general
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2015, 11:31:21 pm »

- Giants don't wear clothes (couldn't find any XXXL, I guess).
God impostor Clowns do, however. They have them tailor made. (I believe they are listed as 'large', but humans can't wear them. There are only 3 size descriptors, but many size ranges.)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2015, 01:05:53 am »

Every species has its size. Human clothes are small when I play troll adventurer.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2015, 02:17:19 am »

Every species has its size. Human clothes are small when I play troll adventurer.
I suspect the acceptable size groups are the same as the pressure plate sensitivity groups. E.g., a giant should probably be able to wear a clown's clothes. (At least I think they're in the same group. Don't have any way to check right now, but the weights are relatively close.)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2015, 10:08:49 am »

I suspect the acceptable size groups are the same as the pressure plate sensitivity groups. E.g., a giant should probably be able to wear a clown's clothes. (At least I think they're in the same group. Don't have any way to check right now, but the weights are relatively close.)

It's about average creature size.  Dwarves can wear any clothing for dwarves because average dwarf size is 60,000ml.  Elves and goblins also have this average size. So it works for them.  Larger dwarves just have to deal with the tight, small dwarves deal with the baggy.

Large just means "It doesn't fit your dwarves"
Small just means "It's too small for your dorfs"

Also keep in mind, if you have regular invasions of goblins / necromancers.  You might not need to worry about manufacturing clothes.

Also, warn out clothing makes an excellent trade good, provided they don't horde it for themselves.  A pair of warn mittens can buy you a bin of leather, or a bucket.
Bins stacked full of mangoes were laid out in rows. On further inspection of the market, Cog came to the realization that everything was mangoes.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2015, 08:30:03 pm »

It's about average creature size.  Dwarves can wear any clothing for dwarves because average dwarf size is 60,000ml.  Elves and goblins also have this average size. So it works for them. Larger dwarves just have to deal with the tight, small dwarves deal with the baggy.
My question is if it needs be exact, or if a capybara man (57500) can wear dwarf's clothes.

Large just means "It doesn't fit your [species]"
Small just means "It's too small for your [species]"
FTFY
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 08:34:31 pm by Bumber »

Alfrodo

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_STUPID]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2015, 11:12:14 pm »

Well. There's only one way we can find out.

Make a capybara man fort, trade with dwarves. if dwarf clothing is "large." Then it's exact. 
Bins stacked full of mangoes were laid out in rows. On further inspection of the market, Cog came to the realization that everything was mangoes.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2015, 10:25:49 pm »

Well. There's only one way we can find out.

Make a capybara man fort, trade with dwarves. if dwarf clothing is "large." Then it's exact.
Tried it in arena mode. Capybara man and dwarf-sized pig tail tunics weigh different amounts (1Γ vs 2Γ) but each creature can wear the other's.

Next up: Testing who can't wear it.

Edit: The acceptable range seems to possibly scale with the creature's size. A tick man (35000) can wear an otter man's (40000) clothes, but not vise versa. It's far too extensive and confusing for me to figure out at the moment. I might make a science thread for collecting data when I have free time.

Testing method: Spawn creatures equipped with two iron breastplates. They automatically drop one at their feet and you can verify by possessing a creature and just looking at the items on the ground.

Update: Confirmed by Toady to be ±1/7th of creature size.

A tick man should be able to wear from interval (30000, 40000] and an otter man from interval (34285, 74285]. I haven't fully tested it, but dog (30000) armor is too small for a tick man, so I assume the smallest is 30001. I truncated the decimal for otter man instead of rounding, and I'm not sure if that's correct.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 09:38:37 pm by Bumber »

Pages: 1 [2]