Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 69

Author Topic: Virtual Reality Fire Emblem on Forums (VRFEF) IC Thread  (Read 46266 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual Reality Fire Emblem on Forums (VRFEF) IC Thread
« Reply #885 on: July 05, 2016, 05:06:39 pm »

Louis thought about it for awhile.

"I'm honestly not sure if I will. I don't have a lot going on; if I quit this I would have to find something else to do."

"Anyway, I don't see why we can't have fun. Sure, our mortality is a little more starkly rendered in this situation, but there's so many things that can kill you every day. A sudden illness, an allergy, crossing the street, maybe just being in the wrong place at the wrong time and getting shot. We try to enjoy life anyway. The only difference here is that it's more in our face than usual. Regardless, I do agree the sooner we get out, the better."

"I'm not either, but it's more 'in general' with me."

"It's OK, though. A lot of people don't, so it's not like you're the odd one out or whatever. Look at this guy."

Stein pointed to LordGecko, who was ahead of them.

"He doesn't care about it. I don't. I don't think our healer does, either. You have company even among us."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: July 05, 2016, 05:55:20 pm »

Xoddahs adjusted the gauntlet on his arm several times until it looked about right to him. Its made of metal, it covers his hand, yet it doesn't increase defense. The dark mage grunted to himself, supposing he shouldn't be surprised.

Hearing the conversation as a passive listener, the man jumped in. "I'm not much for roleplaying either, I just go with the flow largely. Hard to really find immersion in an MMO when the stories tend to treat you like its a single player game and you wind up being the millionth 'chosen one.'"

"This situation is aggravating, frankly, and I imagine the further down this rabbit hole we go the more I'll want to ignore it. Mostly because it isn't what it looks like on its face and that bothers me."

Xoddahs sighed and lamented largely to himself. "I just wanted to bring back my guild and run dungeons, was that so much to ask."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: July 05, 2016, 05:58:29 pm »

"Eh, it's not a big deal. I do better at low health anyways so it's not a huge deal. It's not like we're going to be running into any more enemies before we hit the city anyways."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: July 05, 2016, 08:23:17 pm »

"Very well."
Her multicore processing meant she could listen to multiple coversations at once, and she dropped back slightly to interject after Xoddah's final sentence.

"Is it likely we will have to run dungeons anyway? If you have previous experience you can share, that may be helpful."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: July 06, 2016, 11:46:27 am »

Some time later, the group reached the gates of the city of Wandermere. Another high walled city, surrounded by fields. A light breeze caused the grasses around the city to shimmer in a very convincing simulation of a real field. The effect is ruined though, by a sense of wrongness. There are no little sounds made by wildlife, or even by the plants in the breeze. There is only a faint sound produced by the wind itself.  The longer the players remained inside the game, which was a little more than twelve hours at this point, the more this became obvious.

As the players drew closer, the gate opened, showing a train of five wagons flanked by around twenty players. The eclectic group had little in common aside from all being members of Golden Buddha, the merchant's guild. With the gates fully open, the caravan began to move, and the creaking of wheels filled the air.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: July 07, 2016, 07:12:05 am »

"Hey, guys. These merchants bring up a very important question. We share our gold. Any one of us can pull from it as much as we want at any time. We may have had a conversation about this, and I missed it, but, it may cause issue later if we all are not on the same page."

He paused for the briefest of seconds before adding,
"I also wanna give our healer a gift. She works, and will be working, arguably the hardest in our group. Anything we do to supe her up now will help us when we must focus on ourselves, later.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 07:16:53 am by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: July 07, 2016, 07:20:12 am »

"That's a good point. So we should probably talk about it as a group first before purchasing anything, unless it's something obvious like getting someone a new weapon when the current one is about to break."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: July 07, 2016, 07:23:53 am »

"Break? This game has a durability system? I could have sworn when I looked through the tutorial, it didn't mention anything about that."
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: July 07, 2016, 07:33:05 am »

"I didn't see it in the tutorial either, but I noticed a number in my weapon's stat screen that's been going down each battle. I assume that's something like how many uses it has left or something. Not that odd in MMOs."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: July 07, 2016, 07:43:45 am »

"Hmm, looks like it's only partially party gold. Or rather, it's individual gold that can go into a guild account. Not saying your ideas are bad, just pointing out."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: July 07, 2016, 07:59:26 am »

"OK. I see is now. Its the number to the bottom left of my sword stats, and my personal gold is that number to the far left of my stats. Which means I have. . . 145 gold. I guess I don't have much. Well, we will see what can be gotten. Thanks.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: July 07, 2016, 10:32:00 am »

Sol seems to be checking a menu or something. After a moment twenty gold enters the guild account.
"Welp, there's my tithe to the group... And yes, I agree that helping the healer would be a good idea."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: July 07, 2016, 03:25:11 pm »

"It is true I will be mostly unable to obtain gold myself, but I beleive I am sufficiently equipped for now."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: July 08, 2016, 05:24:42 pm »

"Alrightly then, we can stand outside here all we want, but that's not going to do anything helpful. Come on!"

She grinned and dashed into the city.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: July 08, 2016, 05:25:02 pm »

dammit internet
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 05:33:30 pm by Swordstar »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 69