Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 69

Author Topic: Virtual Reality Fire Emblem on Forums (VRFEF) IC Thread  (Read 46277 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual Reality Fire Emblem on Forums (VRFEF) IC Thread
« Reply #870 on: July 04, 2016, 02:07:36 pm »

"Oh. Uh... sorry about that. Wanted to be over there in case they needed help."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: July 04, 2016, 02:08:37 pm »

"I am. If I had a way to prove it beyond my say so, I would."

As he had said earlier, he wasn't much for acting like someone he wasn't. He usually didn't mention his identity online, but this was a life or death situation so he felt he could trust these people with it. Besides, if they knew who he was and then he didn't make it out, they could at least be able to screw over whoever put them in this situation by having proof the game directly caused his death, so that was a win, too. Assuming any of them made it out. He glanced over her head to see her username.

"Root Node. You haven't spoke much... I guess you're a little overwhelmed by all this?"

On 'this' he sort of gestured around with his hatchet, as if that would indicated not just the VR but the situation they were in.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: July 04, 2016, 02:15:42 pm »

:"I... Look, it's fine. This whole situation just has me constantly frustrated and worried, and I just want to get through it as fast as possible."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: July 04, 2016, 02:18:48 pm »

"Oh. I see. It's just, uh. I've read the Sam Mercer trilogy so many times and loved it. So. Um. Yeah. Not the best time to meet." Her smile is rather brittle, partly due to the stress from their situation and her natural awkwardness.

"Yeah. This is all... Something. Um. Very overwhelming.  But I'm nobody special. I'm just hoping to get out of this alive. Hopefully quick enough that nobody notices I'm gone..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: July 04, 2016, 02:45:00 pm »

"Oh. Well, thanks. It's always good to hear that. I'm glad you enjoyed it."

Like many writers, Louis suffered from extreme perfectionism and almost crippling self-doubt, so it was reassuring to hear what he had published so far was entertaining, at least. Even if he felt he could've done more and better. Still, talking helped put a veneer of normalcy over the situation, and the poor girl looked like she needed it.

"I keep trying to think of what to have a fourth book be about, but nothing feels right. Eh, maybe I'll get it one day."

"Don't worry, though. We'll get through this. I don't know how long it'll take, but the good thing about an RPG is if something's too tough, you can just go grind a bunch of levels and gold, get some more gear and potions, and brute force your way through. And if we have to, that's what we'll do."

He continued to walk, slowing his pace to match hers - Stein was quite tall, since Louis didn't do things by halves and if he was going to play a heavy weapon user he was going to have a physically imposing appearance. As they walked, he glanced over at Sol and Peter.

"I don't know how they do it - the whole immersion thing, I mean."

"Stein's about a foot taller than I am. I keep wanting to think I'm 5'10, not around 6'7."

Currently, he was hoping the rather random topic would get her to open up a little and be a little less nervous. He'd just have to wait and see if his gambit worked.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: July 04, 2016, 02:52:22 pm »

"I hear that. It's odder that most of us are so calm."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: July 04, 2016, 03:29:36 pm »

""Oh, I'm actually freaking out on the inside. But pretending to be someone for who this is somewhat normal really helps me take my mind off it. And it's not like we're in any actual danger physically..."
To make sure that people realize that she doesn't feel better about that she adds a sad emoji into text chat.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: July 04, 2016, 03:58:53 pm »

"Uh. Yeah. I did. A lot." After a moment of awkward silence she suggests, "Um... If you can't think of anything else to do then... Uh... Maybe it's time to work on another series? I'm sure that you'll think of something eventually. You did such a great job earlier after all."

"We should be fine. It's just... You know. This was supposed to be fun. Meet new people. Socialize. That sort of thing. Instead we have to be extra careful incase we actually die. Not to meantion what's going on out in the real world... You know what I'm trying to say? I'm worried about everything but... Everyone else is. So why say anything?"

"You're taller than me, if that makes you happy... I'm the same size as my avatar. I didn't want to go with anything too weird or crazy, right? It's VR. Can you imagine playing as something completely different? Like a guy if you were a girl? Or other way around?" Root doesn't sound any less nervous or awkward than before, but at least she's talking instead of clamming up like earlier "I couldn't do the immursion thing either. I'd try but... I know it wouldn't work out. That's why I didn't bother.".

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: July 04, 2016, 04:26:51 pm »

It looked to Stein like she was getting at least a little comfortable with talking - to him, anyway.

"My first character was my size, too. Actually, I just did the face-scan option and basically played as myself. Character customization takes a long time when you do it yourself."

"Can't imagine playing a woman, though. My voice alone would give it away, I'd think. That would just be... weird."

Root Node had lamented their situation, and he nodded.

"We can still do most of those things. We just have to be careful while we're traveling. As long as we stick together and watch our backs, we should be all right."

But as for the real world... he shrugged to that.

"I understand what you mean. I imagine most if not all of you have people that will, at the least, come looking for you after awhile. So getting through this as quickly as possible is a good idea - not just for our reputations, but I imagine it won't be doing our bodies too much good to be vegetables for too long, regardless of whether or not they're being 'taken care of' by that admin guy."

"Let's try to have a little fun anyway. There's nothing we can do about it but keep going until we finish the game, so we might as well enjoy what we can along the way. Anyway... what did you mean when you said the immersion thing wouldn't work out? Not big on roleplaying?"

He was legitimately curious.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 04:59:54 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: July 04, 2016, 07:35:28 pm »

Circuit noticed something, and hurried ahead, catching up to Riona.

"Excuse me, miss Riona."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: July 04, 2016, 07:39:21 pm »

"Huh? Did you need something Circuit?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: July 04, 2016, 08:13:14 pm »

"Your health is low. Do you not wish for healing?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: July 04, 2016, 08:26:54 pm »

"Huh? Oh, eh, now that we're out of combat it doesn't really matter since we regenerate health now.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: July 04, 2016, 08:55:29 pm »

"I just hit the random button until I got something that I liked. Uh. Yeah. I was going to make something better once I got a hang of the game but... That isn't going to happen. Uh. I don't know about you, but I'm going to dump this as soon as we get out. Um. Yeah."

"I don't know if we can really have fun with this. Uh... Yeah. We're fighting to survive, right? That doesn't leave much time to talk and all that. Except inbetween fights, I guess. But even then we should be talking about what we need to do next, right? No need to stay in here for as long as we need to? So we need to plan things out while we have the time? Even if people come looking for us, I don't think that we can count on them helping us out. If our bodies are being 'taken care of', then they might have been moved or something? Who knows."

"Uh. I'm not that big in roleplaying in public. I choke badly. So... That's why I'd never do it here. It'd just feel too weird and awkward for me. Um. Yeah."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: July 05, 2016, 06:37:16 am »

"I see. Still, I find it somewhat surprising. I would have thought most in this situation would always tend towards the most cautious actions."
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 69