Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 69

Author Topic: Virtual Reality Fire Emblem on Forums (VRFEF) IC Thread  (Read 46435 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual Reality Fire Emblem on Forums (VRFEF) IC Thread
« Reply #360 on: October 19, 2015, 10:26:02 pm »

"Hm? Oh, we're talking about selling our amulets. We figure it best, for when we come across PKers. I'm not going to stand by and watch one of us get killed just because I have an amulet. May as well get some coin from it." The shaman explained.

Code: (Guild Chat) [Select]
Never go for shitty first town booze. The good stuff is always in the bigger towns. Come on, I'll give you forty to spend to your heart's content when we get there.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 19, 2015, 10:30:26 pm »

Sol pauses as she looks at that message. With lightning speed she hops onto her trusty steed and heads off to where her guildmates are.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 19, 2015, 10:30:31 pm »

"Oh, uhm, yeah. I kinda... sold mine to get the lockpicks."

If we're trying to make it through this game alive, we're going to need gold to buy equipment, right? Why are we wasting money on something that's useless as opposed to something that could keep us alive?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 19, 2015, 10:30:42 pm »

Peter, who had been sitting sullenly on a bench for most of the time finally spoke up on guild chat.
For fuck's sake. I'm as heavy an RPer as you get, but this is HOURS after we've just been informed we are in a death game. We need to focus at least for NOW and get our stuff together before we deal with shit like staying in-character.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 19, 2015, 10:43:00 pm »

Gecko spent a good while walking and, after checking his log earlier and finding at least one member had sold off his amulet, a bit of time in a pawn shop to trade his in for an extra 500 gold now that the damned thing was probably going to get broken anyway once the other party members were attacked. Having found no available quests in that time, and with the area around the job board even more packed than before, he sat down on the nearest bench and checked the messaging box which he had carelessly pushed off to the side while he walked.

He wasn't pleased with what he found.

Are you people still roleplaying?  Maybe you've forgotten, but we're in the middle of a life and death situation, here.  I don't want to get hurled into a fucking limbo because someone decided to buy fake beer instead of a decent weapon.

I'll meet you all at the exit in a minute.  Don't waste any money unless you've killed enough monsters to make up for it before I get there.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 19, 2015, 10:46:45 pm »

Xoddahs nodded. "A fair trade, considering those are pretty useful I imagine. I'll probably just keep the money from mine, nothing good here."

Most games I'm aware of like this tend to have food and drink as buff items, usually with pretty handy long-term effects. I'd be surprised if it wasn't similar here. Frankly, I wouldn't mind a few long-term buffs handy if things might go south.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 19, 2015, 10:47:49 pm »

It might not be about RP. Trapped in a situation like this, I can understand needing a drink. And I've never tried eating and drinking in this game, so when we get to Wendamere I think I'll get some mead or whatever it is they have here for myself.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 19, 2015, 11:01:56 pm »

Stein goes looking for axes.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 19, 2015, 11:22:26 pm »

There is a store that sells axes as well. The selection, however, is no better here than anywhere else.

Iron Axe: 350
Hand Axe: 400
Hatchet: 450

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 20, 2015, 12:21:43 am »

Stein buys an Iron Axe and a vuln with his 500, then rejoins the group.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 20, 2015, 01:55:50 pm »

Xoddahs puts words to action and sells his amulet!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 20, 2015, 03:40:30 pm »

All this talk of food and drink made Circuit wonder what it was like to, well, eat or drink.
Something she'd never experience.

I must admit I do not understand this "RP". Does it fulfil a purpose?

Out of curiosity, Circuit decided to check the staff store.
She doubted she'd sell her amulet, at least not yet, but it might be worthwhile if there was a good selection.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 20, 2015, 04:00:02 pm »

I can't say I've ever heard that before. She must be from a really strict culture or something.

It's something people do for fun - pretend to be other people. Role Play.
I wouldn't say an MMO is the best place for it unless you're on a dedicated RP server or something; a lot of players are like me and don't like to put on an act.
I'm sure a couple of people in our group could tell you why they do it.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 69