Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 69

Author Topic: Virtual Reality Fire Emblem on Forums (VRFEF) IC Thread  (Read 46332 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual Reality Fire Emblem on Forums (VRFEF) IC Thread
« Reply #270 on: October 15, 2015, 10:14:10 pm »

"Any general place of importance? Market squares, inns, taverns, local rumor mill, so on." Xoddahs was to the point with his question of the NPC, although he wondered if it could parse what he was asking. Should he rephrase it? He didn't think he'd miss conversation trees.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 15, 2015, 10:32:19 pm »

Root Node is obviously shocked by everything that has happened to her, and as such it takes her a long time to come to grip with her new reality.

"Um... Excuse me," she says, suddenly speaking up, "We can still send messages to other players, can't we? So couldn't we send one to some players strong enough to defeat the final boss? If we do they'll suffer the same conditions as us but then they can go and defeat it and escape, right? So they can tell everyone what's happening to us and we'll be rescued. Right?" She looks around nervously, hoping that her logic is sound.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 15, 2015, 10:38:22 pm »

"You... you assume he'd let those PMs through. And that they'd bother. And that he'd let that count. He... he said we needed to beat the boss. Not have someone else beat the game for us."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 15, 2015, 10:47:30 pm »

"Oh. It was just a suggestion," she mumbles in reply, feeling dispirited about the entire situation.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 16, 2015, 12:17:42 am »

Stein heads to the Thousand Eyes guild hall.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 16, 2015, 07:33:38 am »

"I was wondering if there was a place that sells basic equipment? Weapons, medicine, lockpicks, that sort of thing?"

"Of course! There are a number of merchants living in Genesis, carrying a wide variety of tools and weapons. The market district hugs the southern wall of the city.

"Any general place of importance? Market squares, inns, taverns, local rumor mill, so on." Xoddahs was to the point with his question of the NPC, although he wondered if it could parse what he was asking. Should he rephrase it? He didn't think he'd miss conversation trees.

The NPC seemed to think for a moment. "Well, if you need somewhere to eat or to stay overnight, there are a number of inns and taverns on the northern side of the city. If you're looking for work, there is a job board in the center squar-" The guard stopped short, and blinked. "But it seems its very busy right now, so trying to actually get a job from it."

Stein heads to the Thousand Eyes guild hall.

Stein makes his way through the town of Genesis, eventually stopping at a thatch roofed, two story building sporting a sign decorated in eyes. As he stepped inside, three players looked up. A level seven myrmidon, a level four priest, and a level six cavalier, sans horse.

The myrmidon, BlindingBlade of the 1000 Eyes, had a tall, lean avatar with red hair and blue eyes, and was carrying a steel rapier in good repair and 6 units of vulneraries.

BlindingBlade looked at Stein, then slightly above him- checking his name. "Look, I like the enthusiasm Stein, but we usually don't induct members until they're at least first class."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 16, 2015, 07:42:10 am »

"This is my alt. My other character is Arden; I posted yesterday asking for advice on a melee build."

"Anyway, I was swinging by to see what's going on in this town and how active the PvP scene around here is. I've sort of fallen in with a lot of new players - and got shanghaied into their guild - so hopefully not much is going on."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 16, 2015, 10:33:07 am »

"Well, since no one else wants to head straight for the main quest--not that we know what it actually is--I don't much care how busy the job board is.  I'm checking it now."

Gecko quickly heads off to do so.  Hopefully, there was something left for people of their level to try.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 16, 2015, 10:36:57 am »

Riona started to head towards the market, then hesitated. She started to ask Myzen if he would come with her then shook her head. She wasn't some baby who need protection everywhere she went. This was a safe town. She would be fine.

Riona heads to the marketplace to look for lockpicks

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 16, 2015, 03:16:01 pm »

Sir Hedgehog had followed the group in silence ever since the announcement that they were all stuck here with a rather complicated expression as if he couldn't decide whether to smile or frown.

'Everyone else isn't really happy about this, but for me this is kind of ... good. I can finally walk after all this time, it just feels so great I'm not sure I actually want to stop being here, but the others probably want to get out of this game as soon as they can ... Well I'll help them get through it since that seems like the only thing we can really do at this point.'

Wander around looking for something of interest, and listening to the other players or NPCs for anything that might be of use.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 16, 2015, 04:18:25 pm »

Xoddahs' frown deepened. That sort of statement struck him less as a busy, more as the sort of 'busy' that left him wary.

"I see. Thank you." Was that actually suspicious, or a weird quirk of the NPC? He couldn't tell.

The shaman followed Gecko, keeping an eye to the crowds.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 16, 2015, 07:06:48 pm »

The myrmidon frowned. "Uh, yeah, I think I remember seeing that. Maybe." When the subject of PvP came up, BlindingBlade shrugged. "There's basically nothing. Sometimes you'll see someone try to gank people right outside the gates, but half the time the target still has their amulet of tranquility. That addition basically wiped out early game PvP. Higher ups are talking about selling the guild house here, but there's arguments that we're the only ones deterring mid level griefers."

Riona made her way to the shopping district, and found a number of shops. One of them had the title 'Treasure Hunters' Supply'.

As the others made their way further into town, they started running into more and more PCs, until the point where people literally could not move through the streets because of the density of the crowds.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 16, 2015, 07:08:46 pm »

Riona entered the Treasure Hunters' Supply, and made her way to the counter, taking in all the different things in the shop as she did.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 16, 2015, 07:17:26 pm »

Stein nodded. That was about what he had expected.

"Good. That'll be one less headache for these low levels, at least. I'm against selling the guild house myself, but I don't really have any pull. Thanks for the help. I'm going to go catch up to the rest of the newbies and try to keep them out of trouble."

He gave a second, more respectful nod and turned to leave.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 16, 2015, 07:28:43 pm »

Behind the counter was an NPC standing upright behind the counter, who smiled at Riona as she entered. "Ah, hello there miss! Welcome to my humble shop! Please, if anything catches your eye, I am always selling!"

Quote from: Treasure Hunter's Supply
Lockpick (10/10): 500
Door Key: 50
Chest Key: 100
Vulnerary: 150

At the 1000 Eyes guildhouse, none of the members said anything else to Stein as he left.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 69