Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Irony in bronze  (Read 1136 times)

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Irony in bronze
« on: January 20, 2008, 02:46:00 am »

The first bronze colossus that attacked my colony decimated the fortress guard (in case you're keeping score, this is the same colony that was earlier attacked by two dragons, and several goblin sieges to boot -- and we only just hit the decade mark).  The second one killed the pets of my legendary glassmaker Glassy, one of the oldest living immigrants; he threw a fit, and a fortress guard killed him while he was tantruming.  That pissed off the colony.  In a desperate effort to regain control, the baron had everyone rush the bronze colossus en masse.  It worked: the colossus died, and so did half the colony -- the survivors will be much easier to deal with, he's sure.

Just before the order came out, a pump operator got an idea in his mind.  At one point during the slaughter, he walked right past the colossus while carrying some silk.  When victory was assured, he emerged from the mason's workshop with a Schist cabinet.  It is encrusted with violet spessartine, decorated with goblin bone, encircled with bands of alexandrite, goblin bone, and cave spider silk.  The object menaces with spikes of schist and willow.

On the item is an image of a dwarf and a bronze colossus in green glass.  The colossus is striking down the dwarf.

Eagle of Fire

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Fire
    • View Profile
Re: Irony in bronze
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 03:51:00 am »

Yeah. If you go back as an adventurer to the same colony and it was engraved on a wall, you'd have all the crusty details. Something like: "On the wall is an engraving of a Bronze Colossus and a Dwarf. The Bronze Colossus is striking down the Dwarf.

This engraving relate the death of Dwarfy McDwarf to the hand of [insert the name of the probably named ennemy], Bronze Colossus in the year [insert year here] at [insert the name of the colony or area]."

It's only an example, but it should be something like that. It been very long since I last played adventure mode...

I am on a hot streak... literally.