Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 159662 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 69 - Back on Live Air
« Reply #1380 on: October 02, 2016, 02:50:58 pm »

Hmm, I suppose, theres no harm in gaining some allies for our glorious cause. Let's see if we can join.

Ask the solider if we can aid in their endeavors.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 64 - Phillipino Painting Party
« Reply #1381 on: October 02, 2016, 03:10:34 pm »

((Argh. I shouldn't have tried to showboat with the whole stamina/speed walking thing. Rewaitlist, please.))
Me too. Wish I'd noticed I wasn't listed sooner.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 64 - Phillipino Painting Party
« Reply #1382 on: October 02, 2016, 03:12:52 pm »

((Argh. I shouldn't have tried to showboat with the whole stamina/speed walking thing. Rewaitlist, please.))
Me too. Wish I'd noticed I wasn't listed sooner.

Damn, how'd I miss that? I'll put you in next turn. We'll have 13 players for a little bit, but that's on me.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 70 - Gun Safety
« Reply #1383 on: October 03, 2016, 04:43:13 am »

Greet the men.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: October 03, 2016, 05:54:41 am »

((Hokay, let's do this.))
First up, Freshwater-bender, I recall there being a lake near the mansion, you're to go there and start gathering as much water as possible, then come back and destabilise the soldiers, create waves of water under their feet to knock them over, turn the ground swampy, things like that, try to leave from where they wouldn't see you, if there isn't a lake of some kind, go to the resource-rich land and do the same if possible.
the Raiju and animal-empowered (If it also becomes living electricity after becoming empowered by the Raiju) ones are to go out to take out the tank first (Hopefully without destroying the tank), then anyone driving the jeeps, and finally just the rest of the soldiers, Yuri himself is going to be up top, protecting his vitals with metal and sniping anyone who seems important, the cyborg and demon ones... I don't know what to do with them, some knowledge about what they can do is necessary.
All the other aztecs are to be at the positions noted to be defensible, and retreat quickly if the tank turns out to not be disabled, meanwhile, I'm going to open that portal to the god of medicine and open negotiations.

Did I forget anything?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: October 03, 2016, 09:56:24 am »

((No orders for Fallacy, but I don't think they should be necessary...))

"Well then, let's not leave our foes waiting!"

Assuming there's fighting, Fallacy climbs to the roof and attempts to snipe Captain Jose.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: October 03, 2016, 12:36:36 pm »

Move my soul into the doggo and continue on this mortal coil, mwahahaha! No that's stupid.

Waitlist me. Man, I have NOT been doing well in the wiki wars lately. Both this one and Cataclysm keep giving me early hilariously fatal deaths. Still, that's RTD for ya.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: October 03, 2016, 09:33:35 pm »

((New gun and a follower? Me gusta. Me gusta mucho.))

Clap Fernando on the back in a friendly manner. "Well then comrade. What would Commander Comrade Rodruigez have me do first?" While Fernando responds, search the area for a suitable horse.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: October 03, 2016, 09:44:48 pm »

Try to find a crew, away from the smoke.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: October 04, 2016, 03:32:40 pm »

...Sorry, but what was going on again? -_-;
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: October 04, 2016, 04:24:56 pm »

...Sorry, but what was going on again? -_-;

At this point for organizational sake, I'll put you back in the mansion with Execute and Fallacy, who are preparing everyone in the mansion for a fight with a Franconian Army Battalion on the front lawn.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: October 05, 2016, 12:02:45 am »

"Sure, why not!"

Escape to A Coruna with Sir Lorne. Should be safe enough...I think.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: October 05, 2016, 06:11:45 am »

Prepare for battle I suppose
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: October 06, 2016, 11:23:32 pm »

The next turn is in production, but has been delayed due to Matthew.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wikipedia Wars: Round 71 - Battle of La Mansion (Part Uno)
« Reply #1394 on: October 10, 2016, 12:33:33 am »

Round 71: Battle of La Mansion (Part Uno)
Weather Conditions: Sunny
Time: Afternoon

The occupants of the Mansion begin to prepare for a full-scale military battle of a kind never seen previously. The Fascists are momentarily preoccupied with sporadic shooting coming from the nearby forest.
Execute orders the Freshwater-Bender to the nearby lake, but he is hastily corrected by the Aztec who says that it's the ocean, and therefore not usable. Execute alters his plan and tells him to go into the Forest of Abundance and gather a great deal of water, and the bender goes inside the portal. At almost the same time, the Aztecs workers that were sent in previously return with bags full of lumber, animal skin and obsidian.
The Raiju and Animal-Empowered Aztecs are given the important task of taking out the tank. The two of them rush to the roof with Yuri on Sniper duty, (who has metalicized his upper torso and head as a protective measure) while Execute confers with the other Superpowered Aztecs to find out what they can do. The Cyborg states, "I can see many more things in the people around me, how healthy they are if they have any abnormalities. I can see their heat even through walls. I also feel ten times as powerful," he says, punching a hole through the wall to demonstrate his abilities. The Demon goes on to describe himself in a gravely voice, "Fire. Pain. Hate. It is my duty to bring them, and I will. Mortals must be punished..."
As the rest of the Aztecs move to strategic positions, Execute goes to the painting room to open up the drawing of the ferocious looking Jade Turkey, Tukeolli, God of Disease, Injury and Malady. A yellow portal lets him step through into a world where the sky is coated by green gaseous vapors that look more like chemical compositions instead of clouds. Execute is standing at the bottom of a pyramid made of skulls, and around him are human-like figures that are extremely skinny, patches of skin and hair falling from their bodies as they crawl and trudge around him. From atop the pyramid on a skull of thrones sits Tukeolli in a physical form. The elegantly dressed turkey carries a glowing spear in its maw. "What do you want of me mortal? Yes, I know your true form, do not act surprise. You lack the divine splendor of a true God."
"Well then, let's not leave our foes waiting!" Fallacy runs up one of the stairways to the roof where Yuri, two of the Superpowered Aztecs and several ranged Aztec warriors are ducking behind the parapets, ready for the fighting to start.
Twinwolf similarly prepares for the fighting by staying in the house, checking to make sure his pistol is primed and at full ammunition, crouching behind a pillar. As he is currently not designated as a leading fighter, his main goal at this time is to survive.

"Someone, go check on that noise!" Captain Jose barks at his soldiers and points to the forest where the gunshots have erupted from. As a squadron departs to investigate the shooting, Fallacy and Yuri signal to each other and put their rifles over their covered, working their respective sights on the distracted captain. [5 vs. 2] [7 vs. 9] Jose falls to the ground, hit by Fallacy's shot in the side of his torso while Yuri hits the side of the jeep he's standing next to. Jose is dragged back into the Jeep before Fallacy and Yuri can re-aim, and these first shots cause all of the other Aztecs to jumpstart into action.
The Raiju and Animal-Empowered Aztec leap from the rooftop, gracefully landing on the ground and rushing for the tank before the Fascist soldiers have time to react to what was currently happening. [5+2(Slow Target) vs. 7] The Raiju's body surges with electrical energy, a bolt of which flies forward and thunderously impacts the front of the tank, though with little visible effect. [1+2 vs. 4] The Animal Empowered Aztec charges even closer to the tank and launches his own smaller lighting bolt, which has even less effect. [8 vs. 6] The Tank retaliates, first with its machine gunner blasting at the Animal-Empowered Aztec, who flees but not before a tank bullet hits his Achilles tendon; he falls on the ground, surrounded by soldiers. Then the tank's gun swivels towards the Raiju, [1 vs. 3] and fires, blasting a patch of ground next to the Aztec with a spray of bullets and causing nearby soldiers to run. [8 vs. 10] With the soldiers disoriented, the Raiju has an open path back to the mansion, and so he launches another bolt at the tank which ricochets off of its cannon and into the ground; he flees rather than holding his ground.
The Aztec Archers on the roof fire their arrows below into the Fascist soldiers. [8 vs. 9] A volley of arrows lands close to the nearest bunch of soldiers, who return fire with rifles and sub-machine guns. [8 vs. 1+1(Cover)] The Aztec are not prepared for such a quick and overpowering response, and most of them in a firing position are killed or incapacitated on the spot. The morale drop is visible, as the next line of reinforcements is hesitant to get to replace their fallen brethren. Yuri attempts to rally and cajole them into carrying on this important fight, [Inspiration: 3] but they continue to resist and stay back as the front of the roof is riddled with bullets.
Down below, the Aztec stationed behind the pillars and front windows of the mansion, the closest fighters to the soldiers, begin slinging javelins and rocks at the front line of Fascists down the steps and onto the lawn. [4 vs. 6] Their attack falls short, the barrage of stone and spears landing on the front lawn in front of the soldiers. [2 vs. 10+2 (Solid Cover)] The soldiers empty their guns out into the pillars, but the steady marble holds and deflects the bullets, refusing to give way to lead. After expending a great deal of ammunition, the front line of soldiers pulls back away to reload and reorganize.

The Fascists reorganization efforts prevent their front line from properly reengaging the mansion. Further back, a hundred yards or so, the jeeps have parked next the fountain and improvised their own defensive wall. A heavy machine gun can be seen being pulled out of the back of one of the jeeps and then placed down upon its hood.
The Raiju races back inside the mansion while the Animal Empowered Aztec, no deprived of his power source, ceases to be able to harness electrical power, and is slowed down by the wound to his tendon. [9 vs. 9-2] A handful of soldiers are able to take some quick shots at him, and one manages to hit him in the bottom of his left forearm. He stumbles into the mansion and falls over.
The tank, unimpressed by the lightning thrown at it, prepares to deliver its own catastrophic explosive power unto the mansion as it aims its central cannon right for the rooftop. [10 vs. 1] Yuri peers over his cover, prepared to take another sniper shot when he sees the rotation of the tank's cannon. Instinctively, he jumps on top of of Fallacy, "RUN, IT'S A-" The second-in-command's words are cut short as a section of the central part of the mansion explodes. [8] Fallacy wakes up, even though she never recalled blacking out. As the haze clears from her eyes, she realizes that she is alive, and all of her body parts intact, though there is a searing, burning pain in her back. She reaches to her back and feels a liquid with her fingers, inspecting it further she finds that its molten, liquid metal. Wondering where this could have come from, she looks around at the grotesque sight of Aztec body parts lining the roof, human beings obliterated until they were unrecognizable. Her eyes finally rest on Yuri's body, or what's left of it, as his lower half and arms are still there but all that remains of his torso and head is a messy splatter of silver liquid. The surviving Aztecs, once out of their daze, find what remains of their leader as well. Panic and confusion quickly erupt on the rooftop and morale breaks for this unit, as they run down the stairs, yelling and hollering about their religious and military leader's fate.
Meanwhile, inside the Portal to the Jade Turkey's dimension, before Execute can even respond to the Disease God's inquiry, an Aztec General shows up unannounced and uninvited. He walks up to Execute and drops to a knee, unable to look his winged god in the eye. "Amihiyotzinuatmotlapal, Yuri was killed in battle. Your forces are fractured and panicking."
The handful of soldiers initially sent out to investigate the gunshots coming from the forests appear once more, fleeing the said forest as if they had encountered something beyond their capacity to control. A handful of modern-looking police officers appear from the treelines, shouting to the soldiers, "Drop your guns and get on the ground!" This is quickly followed by one of them announcing, "Shit! There's too many of them! We need backup! Retreat!" And so the cops fall back into the forest where they originated from.

Battle of La Mansion:

Aztec Empire:
Execute
Yuri [Deceased]
Fallacy [Wounded]
Twinwolf

~650 Aztec Soldiers
6 Aztec Generals

Cyborg Aztec
Raiju Aztec
Animal Empowered Aztec [Wounded]
Demon Aztec
Fresh-water Bender Aztec

Spanish Nationalists:
Captain Jose [Wounded]

~100 Nationalist Soldiers
4 Jeeps w/ Unknown Amount of Heavy Weaponry
1 Tank

Gun Police:
?

Beirus flies away from the smoke in search of a crew, after all, there were many positions to fill like pilot, co-pilot, navigator, bombardier, gunner and radio operator, and we wouldn't be able to perform all of these duties simultaneously. Fortunately, a modern civil war was the perfect setting to find experienced operators for a bomber, and it just so happened to be in a time period where the B-17 was still in popular usage, so it was neither too advanced nor obsolete for contemporary soldiers. As Beirus flies around on the outskirts of A Coruna, he spots a fully equipped airfield. Just as he nears it, a voice comes in through the radio, "This is Condor Legion Airfield 5! Land your aircraft immediately or we will shoot it down!"

"Sure, why not!" Greatness agrees to enter the city of A Coruna with her knight. The seaside town has a few people wandering its cobble roads, including some patrolling soldiers, while a number of stalls and stores stand open interspersed between the rustic stone homes. Sir Lorne whispers to Greatness, "Don't those people look like they shouldn't be here?" He motions inconspicuously to a woman in a fur coat being accompanied by a man with a suitcase, both dressed unlike any of the locals.

Dolosus puts his hand on his accompaniment's back. "Well then comrade. What would Commander Comrade Rodruigez have me do first?" The boy is someone startled by the slapping but works his voice up, "Well uh, Comrade Rodriguez has told me that we are to go into a village twelve kilometers to the West where there is a Doctor Marcos. Doctor Marcos has medical supplies and some intelligence for us to transfer which is too sensitive to send over telegram. You see, the whole village is under the eye of the Fascists so Comrade Rodriguez has given this to us as we are less likely to be found out since we are new and inconspicuous. I have to question your choice in clothing, comrade, as it makes you very...identifiable," he is of course referring to Dolosus's Samurai Armor.
Dolosus looks to the stable of horses in search of a new mount. The horses all look to be of a variety typical for the Spanish flatlands, dusky in color and stocky in build. Fernando asks Dolosus, "Do you prefer any of them? You should choose quickly, it is best that we head to the village as soon as possible lest the Fascists grow stronger and more suspicious..."

"Hmm, I suppose, theres no harm in gaining some allies for our glorious cause. Let's see if we can join." Midnight and the Dimasa Nationalist wave down the nearest patrol and ask the soldiers if they can aid in the fight. "There's plenty for a loyal civilian can do. Most important is that keep your country safe by alerting us of any suspected Communist or Anarchist activity that you find. It's especially important if you find spot this man," he says, showing them a flyer of a handsome and hardened looking man with a twinkle in his eyes and a smirk that says he wants you to listen to his plea. "This is Mateo Rodriguez, a known leader of Communist Rebels stationed somewhere in the countryside around A Coruna. We know he is nearby since his men sneak into the town at night to cause trouble, cowardly killing sleeping soldiers, burning supplies and threatening civillians. If he is found, dead or alive, there is a reward of $30,000 Pesetas." As they talk, the Nationalist taps on Midnight's soldier and then points down the road; Standing in the middle of the road is a knight with a woman riding in the rear, not a normal sight.

"What." Hawk is clearly surprised for her latest battle to end the way that it did, as would Person if he were still alive to react. The priestess walks over to his corpse, which lays flat on its back while the dog nearby paws at it sadly. The dog does not intervene as Hawk rips away part of Person's shirt and wraps it around her head. [Bandaging: 8] It's a crude implement, and could still be undone by some great force or trauma, but the bleeding ceases and that's the main thing right now. Hawk abandons Person's body and walks down the hill into town, searching for a doctor. There is a hospital (identifiable as a hospital by the universal red cross symbol at its front entrance) in the distance, though it looks busy. Closer in the city is a smaller one-story building with another universal symbol upon it, two serpents intertwining on a staff. A hanging wooden sign reads "Dr. Samuel, Naturalist and Herbologist".

Wipeout waves to the four patrolling soldiers, who wave back. Just as she goes to speak to them, she is cut off by a woman in a fur coat and an Indian fellow who take the opportunity to talk with the soldiers first. Then from the street, a knight on horseback with another woman approaches the area. It seems like this area is quickly growing more crowded.

The Ensorceler turns onto the main road going into A Coruna in her high-class Oldsmobile, one of the few in its class. She's dressed in an Irish policewoman's uniform, complete with a stab-proof vest and a pistol at her hip. If that weren't enough firepower, she's also got a musket in the trunk, and some baseball equipment in the passenger sheet.

Central America/Age of Exploration - Aztecs.

The Forest of Abundance - Materials being claimed by Aztec workers.

Philippines/Spanish-American War - The Spanish and Americans are battling it out in a major colonial war taking place in the Philippine Islands.

Painting Supply Box World - World where boxes of painting supplies grow like plants, inhabited by tribal people. Being explored by Twinwolf, Jaguar Soldiers and Aztec Civilian.

Nuclear Silo World - World where all that has been found so far has been a forest and a large, abandoned nuclear silo. Closed.

Devil Fruit World - World filled with the mystical Devil Fruit. Closed.

Police Gun World - A world filled with police and police guns, unintentionally created by Execute. Opened in a nearby forest.

Tukeolli: The Jade Turkey - A deathly world ruled by the God of Illness, Injury and Malady.

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wipeout1024 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cinder (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MidnightJaguar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Ensorceler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 01:19:27 pm by TCM »
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 97