Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 159672 times)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 67 - The Town by The Sea
« Reply #1335 on: August 19, 2016, 01:31:13 pm »

Do my best to act like a confused traveller, and start using a funny-sounding accent. " 'Ello, Mr. D is who I is, I travel through land this. I horse look for buy to yes. Do tell please me what mean you fascist by?"
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 06:32:21 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: August 20, 2016, 02:41:15 am »

Look around.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #1337 on: August 25, 2016, 04:24:33 pm »

I think you should kind of do a hybrid of what you had in the first game and what I believe you are doing now. Right now I believe you are kind of leading up to a boss battle and people keep coming in and so forth until someone gets powerful enough. An interesting hybrid would be that it's 10 people and It All Leads up to 1 finishing person, then  they are a boss against 9 players. Also these would be labeled as individual games and so there would be survival rounds and boss fight rounds.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: August 26, 2016, 04:57:56 am »

Curses! Take revenge by stealing it, assuming Mr. Lion can fit in.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: August 31, 2016, 12:54:47 am »

I haven't forgotten about this game, just busy with many other responsibilities and projects. Expect the next update within 48 hours.

UPDATE: The next turn has been postponed due to interment weather. Will resume once Hermine blows over assuming my power supply is intact.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 07:51:59 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 68 - Meeting the Factions
« Reply #1340 on: September 07, 2016, 12:22:52 am »

Round 68: Meeting the Factions
Weather Conditions: Sunny
Time: Early Afternoon

Hazard looks around in the surrounding area. There are flat plains that stretch out for miles before turning into dynamic rolling hills and descending valleys. The flat plains are flooded with farmland and crops, fenced pastures that contain orchards of olives and tomatoes, and livestock like cattle, pigs, and sheep, a herd of which now scour around the tank. On these farmlands are houses of varying size, one in particular is grand, like a mansion among these modest stone homesteads.
A frustrated Greatness informs Sir Lorne of what the sheep herder said, and the knight responds, "That is curious, there has been no such Soviet Union for many years. If this man is telling the truth, we are caught in the middle of some great civil war." Greatness confronts the herder and speaks in Spanish, "Sir, I am becoming quite short with you, so I will ask only a couple of questions, and if I don't like the answer, you won't like mine. First, what year is it, and where are we?" The goat herder takes a deep breath, "You are in A Coruna, Spain. It is the year 1937. Does that make you happy? I want to ask a question in return, how did you obtain that tank? Is it stolen? Or are you Soviet spies? If you are spies, you are doing an awful job."

Hawk searches for available and appropriate targets for the purpose of smiting. [Perception: 6] Looking around, the priest figure sees only regular people, who are pretty smitable but "purifying" them does nothing in the way of gaining points and new powers. What is an interesting sight however, is when she spots the flying car that appears from behind a church swerve around its steeple and dives for her location. Hawk has to both move and shoot, and so she fires an inaccurate holy ball to try and divert Person while she runs for cover, [6-2(Run & Gun) vs. 1] and the divine attack hits the left wing of the car, somewhat damaging it and setting it on fire.

Dolosus does his best vague and generic accent that he can muster up, " 'Ello, Mr. D is who I is, I travel through land this. I horse look for buy to yes. Do tell please me what mean you fascist by?" The armed men try to stifle their laughter while the speaking one puts on a huge grin as he answers, "Fascism, comrade, is a diseased mockery of ideology. The rich and powerful think that they can take the means of production away from the proletariat by overthrowing this country. But we shall not let them, we will give our lives in stopping their coup and we will drive them into the ocean or into their graves!" He leans over the edge of the roof, to get a better look at the odd "Mr. D". "You want a horse? Well, you will not have to spend any money to acquire one. We will provide you with a horse and more, if you join our cause. You will get a horse, weapons, tools, food and protection for your family if you promise to take up arms against the Fascists!"

Person carries out the strategy laid out by his companion, though what he does not expect is that while Hawk appears unarmed, she conjures up a magical attack that smashes into the left wing of his vehicle, causing the apparatus to shudder. [Flying: 1] Person does his best to recover, but he now severely regrets skipping out on "Flying Lessons" that one semester in college and instead taking "Theories of Futurism in the Americas", a fascinating course but one that was a lot less applicable in the current situation. The plane careens to the right and smashes into tree. [4] Person is thrust forward by the impact of the crash and his right arm takes the brunt of the damage, slamming against the steering wheel, and feeling rather numb and bent. The Macedonian, besides some cuts and bruises, appears to be fine, and the hunting dog is uninjured if a little shaken and stunned. "For the motherland!" The Macedonian cries this out as a battle charge throws open the passenger side door and slides over the hood of the car, simultaneously drawing his WWI Pistol. He lands on the other side and takes aim at Hawk, [7 vs. 6] firing three shots at her as she runs for cover behind the church. One bullet grazes her left shoulder and does superficial damage, but she is otherwise unharmed.

Cinder lays down a mental curse with her mind on the bastard that had developed the racing car before she had the chance to come out with it first. However this person was, they must of had creativity and logistics and the ability to implement their ideas, but Cinder was from the future, which is infinitely cooler. As Edison had done with Tesla, if you can't invent it, just steal it! In this case literally, as Cinder hops inside (easily, due to the lack of a closed roof) and starts fiddling with the ancient controls. [Grand Theft Auto'ing: Auto-Success] A-ha! This anonymous inventor may have created the racing car, but in his arrogant foolishness he forgot to invent car keys. Just by pulling a crank, Cinder is able to get the engine roaring. It's a bit of a tight squeeze in a one-seat vehicle with the hefty Mr. Lion, but the two manage to fit in their snazzy new ride. [+30's Racing Car]

"NOOOOO!!! I can't think of any way to abuse my ability! And if I try to get another... I'll be rather dead..." Fallacy is rather peeved at getting what she feels in an underwhelming Devil Fruit Power, especially with Yuri now able to turn his body into metal. She doesn't take the risk of eating a second Devil Fruit, knowing that having second helpings of the mystical food usually resulted in painful death. She responds to Yuri's inquiry at why she's staring at him strangely, "If you're wondering... some sort of... path, to you." Yuri bends down and grabs armfuls of various fruit on the ground and stuffs them into the folds of her judges' robe. The two of them head back into the portal to the Nuclear Silo World, running over to show off their new abilities and loot to Execute, who appears to be tied up.
Execute screams at the cop in the portal who is clinging to his forearm, "I AM NOT SOME CIVILIAN, SIR, I AM EXECUTE/DUMBO.EXE AND I AM ROYALTY, REMOVE YOUR HAND FROM MY PERSON OR I SHALL BE FORCED TO RESPOND." When this fails to intimidate the policeman, Execute forfeits the gun and lets it drop back into the portal, and his would-be captor removes his hand to retrieve the fallen gun. Immediately, Execute closes the portal, deciding that "Police Gun World" was a universe that was more trouble than it was worth dealing with.
Execute runs back to the portal to see if the American Gunboat back in the Philippines has passed and indeed, it has no moved down the river passed the portal, missing it in their search of the Shaman.
Execute asks Yuri about the extents of his new powers. "I can make parts of my body metal, but not the whole thing," he says, demonstrating by turning his entire left arm into a steel-like material.

Wipeout explains to the soldiers that she is lost and wandered into the forbidden zone by mistake. The officer barks at her in an irritated tone, "Do not sail here, turn around and head back! But first, you must explain what that flag is!" He says, continuing to gesture to the Panamanian flag on Wipeout's ship. "What does that mean? What faction does that flag ally itself with? The Republicans? Fascists? Anarchists?"

New Quest: History in the Making
The Spanish Civil War didn't originally feature Wikipedia-Warriors. It's up to you to alter it now, for better or worse.

Condition:
*Successfully disrupt the war effort of the Spanish Communists or Fascists, (or Anarchists, but they are rarer around A Coruna and tend to be more "underground".) This can be accomplished in one of three ways:

A. Assassination: Kill an official who's rank is at equivalent to a Lieutenant Colonel. (If an official has at least 500 soldiers under his command, he fills the role for this method.)
B. Sabotage: Destroy an important physical institution for a faction, such as a base, military hospital, major outpost, factory or storage area.
C. Espionage: Steal physical intelligence from one faction and give it to the leader of an enemy faction.

*Only one of these methods has to be completed in order to succeed at the mission.

Reward: 2 Points, Possible Reputation/Notoriety among Factions.

Central America/Age of Exploration - Aztecs.

Philippines/Spanish-American War - The Spanish and Americans are battling it out in a major colonial war taking place in the Philippine Islands.
   Painting Supply Box World - World where boxes of painting supplies grow like plants, inhabited by tribal people. Being explored by Twinwolf, Jaguar Soldiers and Aztec Civilian.
   Nuclear Silo World - World where all that has been found so far has been a forest and a large, abandoned nuclear silo. Being explored by Execute, 12 Jaguar Soldiers, 1 Aztec Civilian, Fallacy and a Shaman.
      Devil Fruit World - World filled with the mystical Devil Fruit.
      Police Gun World - A world filled with police and police guns, unintentionally created by Execute. Closed.

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wipeout1024 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cinder (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: H4zardZ1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 12:27:39 am by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: September 07, 2016, 12:43:37 am »

((Hmm, this is a nice quest/set up! Maybe someone will try to get the war down historically accurate, but then again...nah.))

Greatness chuckles a bit, her voice wavering as though the breath she drew was colder then ice. "Okay, then. A couple of things. First, to my allies. Why are we here in the 1930s instead of 2016?", she said as she turned her back to the farmer. Turning her attention back to the man, she continues. "Now, now. Let us explain. We aren't Soviet. We aren't spies. I'm pretty sure none of us are communist. And this tank is ours."

"Now, your answer seems to be correct...
", before she pulls her crossbow out and points it at the Farmer's head. "But, I don't like it. Things are adding up and not adding up, and it's making me lose my temper. Keep talking, and if you dare yell out, or get us in trouble, or just make me more temperamental then I am now, well..."

Pretty self-explanatory. Keep the Farmer talking about what's going on. If he sees me as hostile and either attacks or yells for any kind of guard, shoot him. If he complies, thank him politely in French, holster the Crossbow, and leave to any bigger towns I can see.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: September 07, 2016, 01:16:10 am »

((Alright, I think that's enough hiding away for now.
Well, not really, but at least I can get back to home base.))
"Fallacy, look on the bright side, now you can stop people from escaping, that's gotta be worth something, right?
*Snrk*
ANYWAY, Yuri, grab that policeman world painting and the Devil Fruit world painting, be careful not to rip them, I'll grab the painting box world painting, Fallacy, you and the Shaman should come with us, I'll be closing the portal to this world once we leave."
You heard him, once the nuclear silo world portal has been closed, bring that along too, I'm trusting Fallacy to be taking the nessecary painting supplies, then get back to the mansion.
Once there, talk to some Aztecs and tell them to begin fortifying the area around the mansion, barricades, spike traps, everything they can think of, if they need spare materials, get one of them to paint a vista with said materials, and have them hook up the paintings we brought with us in the art room, feel free to discard of any needless paintings.
Oh, and get them to paint a scene of some more medical supplies, if they can, I think we'll be needing them.

((Is there anything I'm forgetting?))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: September 07, 2016, 03:50:59 am »

Well, things couldn't have gone much worse for me, considering. But hey, a broken arm isn't all that bad for having been in a car crash. Silver lining.

Get out and start shooting hawk. The dog should chase and harry them into a more dangerous position. The loyalist should flank if able.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: September 07, 2016, 08:21:53 am »

"Sure... but it doesn't come with supernatural running ability... though I wonder..."

Fallacy pauses in thought.

"Kay then, let's go."

Fallacy takes what painting supplies she has with her with her, plus the silo painting. If she can't comfortably carry them, she has the Jaguar Soldiers lighten the load. Once that's done with, she heads with Execute, bringing the Shaman with her.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: September 07, 2016, 04:30:26 pm »

Grab some cover if I haven't yet and 'purify' Person's group. Prioritize Person, then the Macedonian. Ignore the dog for now.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: September 08, 2016, 02:12:19 am »

"Umm...the fascists?"
State to the officers exactly that, and if they react badly, run for it.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: September 08, 2016, 09:19:40 am »

Stop using my fake accent. "Okay, here's the truth now. I'm here because I'm looking for some very dangerous men. The reason I was acting really strange just now because I wanted to see what would happen." Give the men a dry smile. "Now, your offer is very kind. I'll join your cause with only one extra condition. If you happen to find out about anyone in the surrounding area who is oddly dressed, somewhat like myself, tell me. If you can do that, I'll join your cause. Do we have a deal?"
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: September 08, 2016, 06:01:21 pm »

I'm too busy with college to keep up with this so please drop me out and let the next person in.

It's a great game and players. Thanks for the fun times.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 06:03:58 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: September 08, 2016, 06:25:16 pm »

I'm too busy with college to keep up with this so please drop me out and let the next person in.

It's a great game and players. Thanks for the fun times.

I'm sorry to hear that, thank you for playing. If there is a point in the future where you have more time and would like to join the waitlist, feel free to do so.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 97