Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 159701 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 65 - Banishment of the Snakes
« Reply #1290 on: July 26, 2016, 12:52:23 pm »

"Thanks for the save!"

Enter the portal.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: July 27, 2016, 06:02:45 am »

"...Oh! Sorry. I just assumed, since you have a powerful tank of mass destruction and all. I accept, and so does Sir Maxwell Lorne over here. Where to?"
"Anywhere you want to, or do we look again anywhere else?"
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: July 27, 2016, 05:37:09 pm »

"...Good question! Um...perhaps into the center of town? Where we can find some of those... what were they called?", Sir Lorne replying with, "Wiki Warriors, ma'am.", "Ah, yes, Wiki Warriors! Let's jump on, and ride!".
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: July 28, 2016, 03:27:17 am »

"Alright then!"
((*Edits turn))
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: August 02, 2016, 05:40:46 pm »

I have returned home from vacation. Expect a turn soon.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: August 03, 2016, 02:26:39 pm »

Disappear irritatingly into the shadow nearest car and survey the city for its worthiness in becoming an industrial powerhouse
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: August 06, 2016, 05:09:43 pm »

The turn is still in progress; To those of you wondering what's taking so long, a certain event happens in the next turn that's causing me to edit everyone's turn and make serious adjustments for the rest of the round, which will undoubtedly be very different from what we've seen so far.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #1297 on: August 06, 2016, 08:26:54 pm »

*fly rubs hands*

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: August 06, 2016, 10:01:52 pm »

The turn is still in progress; To those of you wondering what's taking so long, a certain event happens in the next turn that's causing me to edit everyone's turn and make serious adjustments for the rest of the round, which will undoubtedly be very different from what we've seen so far.

*raises hand*

Is it a fireball apocalypse?
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: August 06, 2016, 10:10:00 pm »

Maybe it's the Pathfinder portal? I can't think of anything else that would have such a major impact, though I'm obviously limited to looking at people's posted actions.

Execute mentioned something about a portal destabilizing; that could also be it. Still, I'm pretty sure it's the Pathfinder portal.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: August 06, 2016, 10:31:17 pm »

Maybe it's the Pathfinder portal? I can't think of anything else that would have such a major impact, though I'm obviously limited to looking at people's posted actions.

Execute mentioned something about a portal destabilizing; that could also be it. Still, I'm pretty sure it's the Pathfinder portal.
The destabilising portal thing is likely entirely false, my character doesn't know anything about how the portal to the mansion was opened by Thousand Bones, but he did get a *Feeling*, like the shiver down your spine, and since I'm a metagaming bastard my character is a bit paranoid after everything that's gone on, he's just sent Yuri to check it out, the portals might destabilise by themselves eventually, but I've never bothered to think about it and I bet TCM would just say "As long as it takes to not matter during the battle.".
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 66 - Cambio De Escenario
« Reply #1301 on: August 07, 2016, 03:30:59 am »

Round 66: Cambio De Escenario
Weather Conditions: Light Rain
Time: Night

Dolosus, after burying a Soucouyant several feet into the ground and covering it with dirt like he was overseeing its Texas Funeral, sets off running back to Denmark. [Athleticism: 8+1] Thanks to his newfound NBA-player levels of speed and stamina, Dolosus is able to reach the town of origin in record time. Along the way, he looked for any nearby farms that could contain horses, but doesn't see a single equine on his return trip.

NAV shakes free of the blanket and goes after the weakest patients in the room to perform a Soucouyant coup de grace. [6 vs. 2] A nurse leaps in front of NAV and tries to beat the fireball away with a medical tray, but NAV ducks under the tray and slams into the nurse, knocking him on his back before he proceeds to a comatose patient. NAV latches directly onto her neck, easy prey...

Execute compliments the Shaman's artistic creation, "Knew you had it in you!" He reaches inside the painting and pulls out what looks like a necklace that comes together with a small green carving of a tree, made out of a smooth, unknown metal. (+Shaman Nature Charm) The Shaman smiles, "I'm glad you like it! It's nothing special, but as long as you wear it, you need not worry about being attacked or pestered by wild animals, in fact you'll find it easy to befriend them. And if you're in a tight situation, you can break it in your palm and it will unleash a spell and the Goddess of Nature will come to your aid in some form."
During this time, the American warship draws closer along the river and shouts over his megaphone, making sure they hear that his group means them no harm. The response is machine gun fire, not at them, but into the air, most likely to serve as a warning. Execute asks the Shaman if she can assist in pacifying the ship's crew or hiding them, "I'm afraid I can't do anything at this range, and even if they get close, I can't do anything to a boat of that size. I can't hide everyone here at once." Yuri considers his options, but not before he feels an ominous chill run through his body. He orders Yuri to run back into the mansion and to check on the status of the all of the portals, "Right away master!"
The warship draws nearer, and with it a hostile crew of armed soldiers. Execute orders everyone into the painting of the nuclear silo as a defensive measure. Execute goes first, followed by the Aztecs, then Fallacy (who snatches up all of the paintings supplies she was using) and the Shaman. They all come out into a totally different world, a coniferous forest darkened by the tall trees that block the sun, only allowing the rays to shine through in sparse areas. In the distance, a family of deer gnaw at the ground. The land mark, is of course, the towering nuclear silo in front of the party, which dwarfs the surrounding trees although it has clearly fallen into disuse, likely abandoned many decades before. The Shaman squats and runs her hand over a flower, "This world looks, sounds, even smells much more like my home."
Fallacy finds a flat, dry patch of grass and sets down a sheet of canvas paper. [Landscape Drawing: 8+2] Fallacy makes a field that is rich with the mystical Devil Fruit, odd plants the give their consumers powerful magical abilities at the cost of being permanently unable to swim.

Person responds to the Macedonian Loyalist,"For the motherland! However, before we begin our glorious revolution, we must find the lay of the land, observe its people. Only then can we see how best to make it become ours. We have waited long, and we can wait a few moments longer, for failure is no option." Person pilots the flying car from above the city of Denmark, telling his Loyalist to construct a map of the area while simultaneously noting each of the important structures, landmarks and roads in the area while also on the lookout for competition. Denmark appears to be badly damaged, with some parts of it still smoldering, leaving Person to speculate what had happened here before they had arrived. Surely this process in noting the various parts of Denmark will come to great use, right?
The hunting dog mirthfully barks.

Wipeout continues their sailing, onward to their destination of Minnesota. [Sailing: 7] Catching a good bit of wind, Wipeout hurries to the next major spot, Beaver Island. In the distance, she spots the coastline of Michigan to the East.

Greatness yanks Sir Lorne away from the street and into the nearest building, a family restaurant as she chastises him, explaining that he puts both of them in great danger when he hails a random tank on the street. The two of them then scour the restaurant for anything that would be useful in stopping a tank, but it's not like small restaurants had much equipped meant to fight back against military armored vehicles. Hazard, meanwhile, climbs out the top of the tank and apologizes for disturbing Greatness and her knight companion, and even offers them a lift. Flustered, Greatness explains herself, "...Oh! Sorry. I just assumed, since you have a powerful tank of mass destruction and all. I accept, and so does Sir Maxwell Lorne over here. Where to?" It is agreed upon that they will drive towards the center of Denmark, with Greatness joining Hazard and her Caribbean Soldier inside the tank; Sir Lorne, still skeptical of the massive metal beast, elects to follow it from the rear on horseback. And so they set off, respectively rolling and trotting down towards the main streets...

Hawk begins firing divine projectiles down the road towards Elephant Parade, Thousand Bones and Cinder's location. [8 vs. 5] A single orb makes a straight beeline for the trio, and while Cinder dodges it, Thousand Bones magically deflects the attack, and it lands on the ground close to Hawk, causing to fall over as he suffers from traumatic explosive injury that exacerbates his current wounds. "Damnit!" yells Thousand Bones; the Cleric looks around as orbs of divine energy strike at buildings, blowing them apart. In desperation, he picks up Elephant's bloodied body and runs for the portal.

Cinder escapes the wrath of Hawk and hides behind a car, falling out of sight of the mad saint. In the meantime, she looks around to see if Denmark is worth turning into an industrial powerhouse. Hmm, small buildings, rural landscape, ruined infrastructure, population of -3...it didn't look like this place was going to have a good shot. Wouldn't it be convenient if she just randomly ended up in another, more deserving city?

Thousand Bones leaps through the portal with Elephant Bones, rapidly losing blood and consciousness, still within his arms. The two of them land right in the Mansion, surrounded by an assortment of surprised Aztecs. "Please you people! We need help!" The Aztecs do not understand a word from the ancient Cleric and instead reach for their bows and spears. Thousand Bones spins around, looking for a way out but they are surrounded, even if he killed a score of these warriors with a single spell, both he and Elephant would be killed under a flurry of arrows from every direction. Finally, he looks back upon the portal, and recalls the spells of the Old Times, spells that were considered Arcane, even Forbidden. But he had no option, Elephant Parade was a Good person, and Thousand Bones had devoted the last centuries of his life to helping the Good triumph over Evil at any cost. Thousand Bones, with a sense of resolution, begins to shine with such intensity that it blinds the Aztecs, as if his body were a massive spotlight. "Elephant, promise me two things: That you will always strive to rid Evil in its every incarnation in every world, and second, that you forgive me for what I will do next. Gooodbye my friend." Thousand Bones charges at the portal, not so much running as flying at a speed that threatens to break the barrier of light. He connects with the portal faster than a bolt of lightning, with more impact than a nuclear bomb and then-

Every Wiki-Warrior's vision, (with the exception of Execute, Fallacy, and Twinwolf) goes completely bright, as if a high-intensity flashlight was being pointed straight at their eyes...

Elephant Parade comes to on a pile of sand. As his eyes adjust to his surroundings, he finds himself sitting on the shore of a beach, an ocean stretching out before him with the pungent smell of saltwater, the waters populated by a few fishing boats. Behind him are some buildings and to the North East, a massive lighthouse. Even more miraculous than this seemingly random teleportation was the fact that his almost deadly wounds were all healed, whatever the Shaman did seemed to work. That just left him to think, where the hell was he now?

Just as NAV is almost finished with sucking the life out of the I.C.U. patient, he is blinded and then finds himself back in human form, in his bellhop's uniform, holding all of his supplies on his person, with his weapons strapped to his sides and his blue-footed chicken clucking beneath him. Once again, he can feel the pulsating, burning sensation in his left hand, a testament to previous injury. He is standing in what appears to be a hospital floor that looks nothing like a contemporary American hospital. It is so bustling and busy that no one notices his sudden appearance; medical staff run back and forth with stretches and carts carrying patients. These didn't look like typical patients either, they were all in military uniform and suffering the worst of casualties, missing limbs and bleeding from all sorts of orifices.

Dolosus still stands in a rural area, but instead of the flat American plains, what he sees around him are rolling hills and valleys of lush farming vegetation, dominated by the occasional massive brick building that oversees several smaller buildings nearby similar in composition. The road's concrete has also been replaced by dirt. At least here he sees pastures containing horses, in addition to other livestock such as cattle and sheep.

Wipeout ends up in the same place she started, right off of Beaver Island. Although her location looks identical, looking towards Michigan she sees that the skyline is much shorter than it originally was, as if someone had taken down many of the tallest buildings and skyscrapers. In the waters, instead of seeing modern boats as she had grown use to, the ones she spots now are of much older models. Strange, she thought she was the only one in these waters with an antique ship.

Cinder is no longer taking cover behind a parked car, but a carriage. That's odd, but even more odd is that instead of Denmark being in front of her, she now sees a bustling city with crowded brick buildings with both people and horses going in every direction, without a car in sight; it was as if she were witnessing a historical reenactment. She could recognize, from the snippets of conversation from the people nearby, that she was somewhere where they spoke Spanish. It is at this time that the driver for the carriage comes back to his vehicle and sees Cinder sneakily crouched behind it, he offers her a concerned glance.

Hawk prepares another volley of explosive divines orbs when she suddenly finds herself in pitch black darkness. She lights up her surrounding area with her glowing scepter and finds that she is surrounded by crates that smell of old paper and alcohol. Approaching the crates, she discovers both Bibles (the title written as La Biblia) and containers of wine. She turns around and almost jumps as she encounters a life-sized portrayal of a Crucifixed Jesus, his face contorted in agony. As a woman of her nature, she instantly knew that she was in a Church basement.

Person catches himself gliding above some sort of rolling countryside filled with vineyards. The Macedonian remarks, "What the hell?" The hunting dog barks in a way most confused.

Greatness and Hazard, rather than rolling into the heart of Denmark, are rolling down a rural dirt road next to a series of small brick houses. A single man, guiding a herd of sheep down said road, notices their tank and excitedly runs up to the side of it. He shouts (in Spanish, which of course Greatness and Hazard can understand considering all Wiki-Warriors go into the competition equipped with a brain chip, which features the ability to understand and communicate fluently in any language of human origin) loud enough so that those inside can hear him, "Hello!? Who is in there? Are you mad driving that sort of tank here?! There's a damn Soviet emblem on the side, they'll kill you for that!" He is referencing the explicit large red stars on each of the sides of the BT Tank. Sir Lorne, unable to understand the sheep herder, offers him a enthusiastic wave, which the farmer returns with considerably less fervor.

Execute falls his knees with a state of sudden extreme nausea, as if he had just made the decision to down a gallon of vodka along with a foot-long chili hot dog. It's a much more intense feeling of what he had sensed before, and this time he intuitively knew that something was greatly off.

The portal between Denmark and the Spanish Mansion has vanished as a result of ancient, forbidden spell by Thousand Bones. The World of the Spanish Mansion is now the main and default world.

Central America/Age of Exploration - Aztecs.

Philippines/Spanish-American War - The Spanish and Americans are battling it out in a major colonial war taking place in the Philippine Islands.
   Painting Supply Box World - World where boxes of painting supplies grow like plants, inhabited by tribal people. Being explored by Twinwolf, Jaguar Soldiers and Aztec Civilian.
   Nuclear Silo World - World where all that has been found so far has been a forest and a large, abandoned nuclear silo. Being explored by Execute, 12 Jaguar Soldiers, 1 Aztec Civilian, Fallacy and a Shaman.

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wipeout1024 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cinder (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: H4zardZ1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)

Pretty major shift ain't it? With such a dramatic change, consider this something of a mini-reboot for the game.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: August 07, 2016, 03:42:30 am »

Rain check on Yuri and the rest of my portals, are they all still open?
Alan help.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: August 07, 2016, 03:48:27 am »

I was intending to conclude it in the next turn, but sure, resolving it now won't give you a distinct advantage.

Execute, after a couple minutes have passed, spies Yuri racing back through the portal into the Nuclear Silo World. The Boyar stops in front of him, bending over and catching his breath. "My Lord...it's...um...I checked the portal to the Aztec's world, and it's going fine, they're still moving freely to and from it. But the portal back to Denmark, back to our world? It's gone without a trace. I looked to see if it had moved or changed places somehow but nothing, like it was never even there. What does this mean?"

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: August 07, 2016, 04:51:44 am »

I was intending to conclude it in the next turn, but sure, resolving it now won't give you a distinct advantage.

Execute, after a couple minutes have passed, spies Yuri racing back through the portal into the Nuclear Silo World. The Boyar stops in front of him, bending over and catching his breath. "My Lord...it's...um...I checked the portal to the Aztec's world, and it's going fine, they're still moving freely to and from it. But the portal back to Denmark, back to our world? It's gone without a trace. I looked to see if it had moved or changed places somehow but nothing, like it was never even there. What does this mean?"
((Aces, thanks.))
Execute starts to quirk his eyebrow in response to the shaman before falling to his knees as the world began to spin, he throws up before groggily standing up and seeing Yuri racing back, he merely stares at him, silently questioning him, when he answers, Execute's already disturbed face moves into terror.
"Oh no, oh no, if it's gone, we're cut off, but that doesn't work, you can't just erase a portal so thoroughly with people from higher realities in there, and since we're still here..."
He barely even finishes before his eyes widen and he quite nearly takes off, before stopping himself.
Just wait until the ship passes, meanwhile I open the portal to the Devil Fruits, allow Yuri or the Shaman *Yes Fallacy you can have one too* to have one if they want, but warn them of the effects, keep the Aztecs away from them for now, though, then if we still have enough painting materials, paint a  couple new police pistols along with plenty of ammo magazines.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 04:59:40 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
Alan help.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 97