Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 159684 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 64 - Phillipino Painting Party
« Reply #1275 on: July 16, 2016, 08:14:31 pm »

Sprint for the portal with Thousand Bones.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 64 - Phillipino Painting Party
« Reply #1276 on: July 20, 2016, 11:48:11 pm »

My Internet has, and will continue, to be unreliable for the next week or so. Despite this, I will try and get the next turn out as soon as possible.

UPDATE: I have located a public computer at this resort that allows me to work on this game. The turn is 50% completed, expect it to be out sometime tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 09:09:37 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 65 - Banishment of the Snakes
« Reply #1277 on: July 24, 2016, 02:06:56 pm »

Round 65: Banishment of the Snakes
Weather Conditions: Light Rain
Time: Night

Hawk picks up her scepter and looks at it in all of its splendor, glowing but not necessarily awe-inspiring or anything. She points the tip of it at a nearby abandoned one-story house and lets loose with it, sending a fairly-slow moving white orb at the structure. It's not a very interesting sight until the orb makes connect with the house and obliterates the front-half of it in a brilliant explosion that lights up the area like a white firecracker. Satisfied with these results, Hawk heads down the road looking for people in need of a good smiting. She comes across a street corner where several contestant-looking people are hunkdrered behind a giant golem as explosives go off around them.
Also, for fun, Hawk gets down on one knee and utters a terse prayer. From her perspective, nothing has even happened, yet in reality she has unleashed a cataclysmic event that could change the United State's natural ecosystem permanently.

NAV continues to fly through the Manitowoc hospital, terrifying everyone and sending those who are able to move running. The Soucouyant head towards the Intensive Care Unit section of the hospital, knowing it will be full of weakened, crippled and comatose prey who can offer no resistance. [Hunting: 10] NAV flies into the I.C.U., full of critically ill individuals and the brave medical staff staying behind, refusing to abandon their patients even if there is a fireball zooming about inside in the hospital, jackpot. [1 vs. 3] NAV flies towards an elderly man, but just before he can attach to him, a nurse throws a medical blanket at him, knocking him off course. In the time that NAV shrugs off the blanket, some of the patients are already being transferred out of the room with haste.

Piratejoe ignores the part of his body that has turned to metal and tries to look past the grey fog, spewed from the mouth of the golem, to find his targets, but has little luck. He takes his final two grenades, and just as he prepares to launch them over the fog and as close to where he suspects Elephant Parade to be standing, Cinder springs from her racecar and runs to the aid of E.P. and Thousand Bones. [5-2(Low Visibility) vs. 8] [3-2 vs. 10] The grenades go over the metal fog, but as they fall Cinder has already gotten into a hitting stance, her bat held behind her. With one solid swing, she knocks both of the grenades back over the fog, sending one back, rolling just a few feet from Piratejoe, while the other lands directly on him. [4] [3] Piratejoe attempts to move, but the grenades have been cooked for too long at this point and the explosion mechanism triggers in both. The grenadier suffers both a hail of metal shrapnel going into his side, while simultaneously having one of his legs blown off. [Will to Survive: 6 = Insufficient] Piratejoe crumples to the ground, struggling for a few moments to right himself back up before quickly succumbing to several major injuries. His corpse is then engulfed in the fog, turning it into metal, instantly turning him into a statue that portarys his moment of defeat. Cinder snarkily makes a comment to Elephant Parade and Thousand Bones, "Hmph, bloody inaccurate travel brochures."
Cinder batted Piratejoe's grenades right back at him!
+1 Point
+Article: Garrard Tyrwhitt-Drake: +2 Relationships with Animals, +Loyal Zoo Animal Companion of Choice

Elephant Parade is rescued from by the efforts of Cinder, which Thousand Bones is immediately grateful for as he turns to her, "My thanks, young mistress, from saving my companion and myself from that dangerous rogue. For your efforts, I will let you in on some information; do you see that tear right there?" He raises a finger and points to the glowing blue anomaly that sits in the middle of a nearby empty lot, filled with the bodies of dead Aztecs, existing like a tear in the space of the universe. "That is a closed portal. My companion and I intend to enter it, in order to leave this world which has, since my arrival in it, has consisted of nothing but terror and treachery. Should you choose, I will allow you to cross it with us and enter into whatever exists on the other side." Thousand Bones waves at the Iron Golem and the metal guardian groans, suddenly collapsing into a pile of scrap metal consisting of the many miscellaneous parts which it was created from, the metal fog also disperses at this time. Thousand Bones and Elephant Parade, no longer in the midst of combat, stroll up to the closed portal. Thousand Bones pushes his hands apart as if he were imitating Moses's parting of the red sea, and suddenly the once portal once sealed by Execute opens up, revealing an opulent looking mansion on the other end. "Interesting...Elephant, you may proceed, I will stay for our savior and await her decision."
The portal to the Spanish Mansion has re-opened.

Greatness, on her first order of business in Denmark, speaks to her mercenary knight companion, "Sir Lorne, we are here! Beautiful Denmark, Wisconsin! This place has been the sight for many battles. Sir Lorne, we must add to this conflict!" The armored man nods, "Of course my lady, my lance is eager to taste the blood of the heretics!" [Tracking: 2+2] Greatness uses her tracking ability to scan the area for recent activity of Wiki-Warriors but finds little of use, all of the footprints appear to old to be of use, as they could have been made hours previously with their originator miles away at this point. Sir Lorne is able does spot something of interest, "Lady Greatness, in the distance yonder I believe I spotted a giant monument caving in on itself. There must be some great commotion hence."

Execute explains to the Shaman, longwindedly, the nature of Wiki Wars and how they started and what they could possibly be, and why someone might want to join the games. "I can't say I understand why these games exist but...somethings are not left up to mortals to know." Then, Execute notices the arrival of Twinwolf, who rather reluctantly went along with Execute's plans. "Oh, hey, friend! Good to see you here, I was wondering where you went, see, I just remembered that I could open portal into paintings, and have been preparing myself as such, I need you, and some of the Jaguar Warriors, to go into the land Fallacy has painted, and take some painting supplies, they're the big boxes in the field, you can't miss them." As he goes to open up Fallacy's painting into the world of spontaneously appearing painting boxs, he turns to the Shaman once more, "Oh, Shaman, please, make a painting of whatever charms or focuses or... Anything you can think of, then give the result to me, I'll be able to give you them once I open the world inside of it, Yuri, that's the same for you, too, armour, weapons, anything you'd deem useful, it doesn't matter how it looks, as long as I'm capable of understanding what it is, I can open it without any troubles, Jaguar warriors and you, civilian, keep an eye on Twinwolf and help him out if needed, Fallacy, try to make a landscape painting of an enormous bunker, easily defensible and very durable."
The Shaman takes a paintbrush, "I am by no means an artist , but I can try." [Painting: 9] Despite her humility, the Shaman produces a well-crafted and accurate depiction of a Shaman charm.
Yuri also takes a paintbrush and gets to work on portraying equipment for his forces. [Painting: 1] Yuri excitedly gets to work on an elaborate painting of the Russian Army at its height, full of lines of infantry and tanks, with planes soaring above. And just before Yuri finishes it, he knocks over a vial of paint that spillls onto the canvas, ruining his creation and spilling valuable painting supplies. The Boyar sighs deeply.
Fallacy, perhaps the best artist in the vicinity, responds to her master's request, "I think I'll do you one better!" [Landscape Painting: 4+2] She creates a forest, and deep within the greenery a giant tower rises into the air, what remains of an abandoned nuclear missile silo. In the throes of creative exploration, Fallacy may have gone too far with the 'abandoned' part, as the missile silo is overgrown with plant life and is cracked or broken in certain areas, in fact the top of it is partially missing.
Execute opens up the portal to the world of painting supply crates, and Twinwolf, accompanied by the Jaguar Warriors and the Aztec civillian, step within. Before them is an open field, where various crates line the ground, though not as if they were dropped there. They appear to be coming forth from the ground, varying in size, with some of the smaller crates partially embedded in the earth. The crates are actually growing from the ground, as crops would do. As the party approaches the crates, in the distance they spot a few individuals in the distance staring back at them, likely the tribal inhabitants of this world that Fallacy had created. They do not act hostile or friendly at the moment, they simply observe Twinwolf and his Aztec companions.
Finally, Execute sets himself to work on creating an illustration of some tools that will come in use in the very near future. [Painting: 10] Execute immediately opens up a small portal into his picture and pulls out a Futuristic Megaphone as well as a pair of Futuristic Binoculars, both high-tech creations that surpass the technology of the present day even in the modern world beyond the portals. Execute uses the Binoculars to calculate the exact distance of the American Warship, and then applies the Megaphone to hail them. While he has no doubt that the naval soldiers received his message, they are either unable or unwilling to answer back and continue proceeding towards Execute's position.
U.S. Warship arrives next turn.

Wipeout boards her majestic cargo ship and assumes the captain's position, starting up the large vessel and beginning the journey to the waters of Minnesota. [Sailing: 6] After a few hours of sailing the ship, which admittedly was built with capacity in mind way over speed, Wipeout reaches Summer Island. The problem with using a ship of this size is that she'll have to sail all the way around Wisconsin the long way, as she is unable to take any of the smaller in-land waterways.

Dolosus is occupied at the moment with getting the Soucouyant, formerly known as The Ensorceler, off of his pinkie finger."JESUS SHIT FUCK STUPID FIREBALL BULLSHIT GET OFF OF MY ARM!!!" Fortunately for him, there is a river that runs perpendicular to the road nearby. [3 vs. 2] Dolosus sprints for the water and dips the fireball off of it, which forces it to slip off of his finger, much like water removes a sticky substance from someone's body. While this removes the Soucouyant, it does not harm it, and the fireball remains blood-thirsty. [5 vs. 3] The Soucyouant flies up and reattaches itself to Dolosus's lower body, sucking blood from him once again. [8+2 vs. 2] Dolosus removes the Soucouyant again by slamming his Katana into it, and while it slices the Soucouyant in half, the fireball simply reforms into one whole orb. Frustrated, Dolosus takes the blunt end of his Katana and begins beating it into the shore of the river, burying it in the soil and then shoving a pile of dirt above it. That should keep it contained for a while.

H4zardZ1, looking for something of interest, rolls her tank down the road. After passing a series of ruined houses and rubble, they finally come across Greatness and Sir Lorne. The Knight hails the tank with a wave, "Greetings!"

News Update: Reports are coming in that snakes in the United States have suddenly entered into a frenzied state, hurrying towards the edges of the country and leaving, whether through the Canadian and Mexican border, or even straight into the ocean if it is closest. While millions of Americans are in the paths of the snakes, no incidents of snake attacks have been reported. "I was just at the beach with my family, when the snakes started coming onto the sand," says Jose Igauldo who was vacationing on the eastern coast of Virginia. "We thought they were going to come after us but they just slithered by and went into the water. It was like a movie..." Scientists have been unable to explain this behavior so far, and attempts to contain the snakes are failing. Even snakes that were contained in commercial farms, zoos and research facilities have managed to escape. More on this story at 11..."

A flying car races towards Denmark, hovering over the town. There are multiple people inside, including car-pilot Person, a Macedonian Nationalist and a hunting dog. "We take this city for the motherland!" As the Nationalist declares this, the hunting dog barks.

Active Portals and Current Spawns:
Spanish Mansion  - The gateway dimension between Denmark and other universes.
   Central America/Age of Exploration - Aztecs.
   Philippines/Spanish-American War - Being explored by Execute w/ Yuri & 12 Jaguar Soldiers. 1 Aztec Citizen. Abundant Painting Supplies. Reinforced by FallacyofUrist, and a Shaman.
     Painting Supply Box World - World where boxes of painting supplies grow like plants, inhabited by tribal people. Being explored by Twinwolf, Jaguar Soldiers and Aztec Civillion.

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wipeout1024 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cinder (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: H4zardZ1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: July 24, 2016, 02:24:23 pm »

(I was trying to throw the grenades at the iron golem, not Elephant.... to late now though...)
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: July 24, 2016, 02:31:59 pm »

(I was trying to throw the grenades at the iron golem, not Elephant.... to late now though...)

Ah, you didn't specify. If it makes you feel better, Cinder would have probably been just as successful. Want to waitlist?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: July 24, 2016, 04:55:28 pm »

((Hello, again, Person! Let's just hope a Samurai doesn't kill you again.))

I look at the tank for only a few seconds, before grabbing Sir Lorne, and pulling him into any nearby building sturdy enough to withstand concussive tank shots. Once in there, both of us will look for something, anything, that can stop a tank in it's tracks...if there was a pun there, it was intended.

When H4zard offers to let us ride on the tank, slowly pop my head out the door and agree to the request with this dialogue:

"...Oh! Sorry. I just assumed, since you have a powerful tank of mass destruction and all. I accept, and so does Sir Maxwell Lorne over here. Where to?"
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 11:58:31 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: July 24, 2016, 09:55:35 pm »

((I certainly do hope so. As an aside, I'm deeply amused just how often I seem to get handed world war 1 equipment in these sorts of games, especially considering I've been looking into its history lately.))

"For the motherland! However, before we begin our glorious revolution, we must find the lay of the land, observe its people. Only then can we see how best to make it become ours. We have waited long, and we can wait a few moments longer, for failure is no option."

Use my flying car to scout out the city from above. Have my loyalist make a map, whether physical or mental of the area. Try to build my own mental map while driving. As a secondary task, have them keep an eye out for combatants.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: July 25, 2016, 05:19:37 am »

((I'm not long-winded, sir.
I prefer the term prolific.
Oh, and TCM, just how futuristic are my megaphones and binoculars? Like, could I say 'I want to activate super-duper X-ray mode' and you'd be like ''kay.' Or is it just a really good pair of binoculars/rangefinders?
Also, for now I'm ruling that I can't tell if one of my portals has been opened.
Have fun with intruding on the mid-point to an Aztec community that hates your guts, guys.))
Execute gives a wide smile at the Shaman's work, "Knew you had it in you!" and opens the portal to the magical charm, before glancing over at Yuri and Fallacy, giving a small laugh at the expense of Yuri while giving Fallacy a slightly bemused look, "Fallacy, I understand your attachment to your work, but you really need to work on curbing your artistic tendencies."
Hail the ship again, communicate that we mean no harm and are happy to let them pass, if they are in some way violent or possibly dangerous, request aid from the shaman, perhaps in calming them or hiding us, if this is not possible, open the portal to the nuclear silo and enter there, along with the others, and hunker down just inside.
Edit: Just before he reaches for his Megaphone, he shivers slightly, as if a wave of cold brushed past him.
"... Yuri, go back to the portal, I feel something is off, one of the portals destabilizing, perhaps? report back as fast as you can."
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 04:09:04 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: July 25, 2016, 05:41:32 am »

Lob a divine orb or two at the contestant-looking folks.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: July 25, 2016, 07:23:48 am »

"Hello there, sorry for disturbing you"

If Greatness attacks, if the BT tank had a machine gun in it: Shoot at Greatness, otherwise simply crush her.
If she doesn't attack, offer her a ride on the tank.

To the City Center.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 03:27:41 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: July 25, 2016, 08:59:47 am »

Run away from the fireball thing as fast as my legs can carry me. Ideally, start heading back over to Denmark. Search for horses along the way.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: July 25, 2016, 02:06:14 pm »

Try again to prey on the weakest person I can find. I'm doing them a mercy, really.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: July 25, 2016, 02:14:06 pm »

((Oh, and TCM, just how futuristic are my megaphones and binoculars? Like, could I say 'I want to activate super-duper X-ray mode' and you'd be like ''kay.' Or is it just a really good pair of binoculars/rangefinders?
Also, for now I'm ruling that I can't tell if one of my portals has been opened.))

Your equipment does have special abilities, including X-Rays for your binoculars. Basically, within a sensible idea of what each of the items is made for, you can have them do whatever since your in-game avatar personally designed them.
I forgot to put it in, but your avatar sensed that something was wrong. It's not that he can tell the portal has been opened, but he does get a funny, internal feeling, like in real life when your intuition triggers and you know something is wrong, but not necessarily what.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: July 26, 2016, 04:11:38 am »

Sail into Minnesota!
Ain't nobody got time for that.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: July 26, 2016, 08:26:27 am »

"Fallacy, I understand your attachment to your work, but you really need to work on curbing your artistic tendencies."

"Hmph."

If Execute opens the portal to the silo, Fallacy enters it with him and gets to work on painting a field covered in Devil Fruits.

If Execute does not open the portal to the silo, Fallacy works on improving the silo painting.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 97