Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 159906 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 54 - The Second Betrayal
« Reply #1095 on: May 15, 2016, 06:31:38 am »

Try to find any working transport vehicle
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: May 15, 2016, 12:49:25 pm »

Charge towards twinwolf and beirus and attempt to shoot, trample, and gore all involved parties.

Damn, he would have been handy to have around.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 01:58:10 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: May 15, 2016, 01:07:17 pm »

((Wait what's going on and where are those allies I had))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: May 15, 2016, 01:09:11 pm »

I've tried to keep you out of the fighting for the most part a couple turns ago Beirus decided to specifically attack you. You have been slashed across the face and stabbed twice in the stomach while two of your allies are convulsing on the ground, one has been killed with a throat slash and the final one is alive with a single injured, bleeding arm.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: May 15, 2016, 01:10:54 pm »

Be evasive, attempt to return fire while retreating with the injured ones. Try to go in the direction of the cannon if that's still a thing.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: May 15, 2016, 01:29:09 pm »

bow with a flourish, then  stay afterward and attempt to make a good a impression on as many people as possible while learning more about any of the better dressed people. Also use the opportunity to  advertise that I have  begun writing a series of short stories titled  "cake on the moon"

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: May 15, 2016, 02:01:14 pm »

I've tried to keep you out of the fighting for the most part a couple turns ago Beirus decided to specifically attack you. You have been slashed across the face and stabbed twice in the stomach while two of your allies are convulsing on the ground, one has been killed with a throat slash and the final one is alive with a single injured, bleeding arm.
((Hey, Twinwolf was the first one you had me find when I was looking for another wiki warrior. And then you asked me to specify who I was attacking. Not my fault.))

Prioritize killing Twinwolf using the Thorns and the Knife. Then finish off the allies he had.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 02:14:41 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: May 15, 2016, 02:24:45 pm »

Ah well. To the waitlist! I quite like the new way you've picked for delivering quests by the way.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: May 15, 2016, 04:09:38 pm »

"Look, I'm going to be honest, so far, I have been running into no end of trouble, and I would appreciate it if we could band together, if only for a time until we can sort... *Waves hands around* All of this out, then we can kill each other, there are a lot of things I need to do, and I do need another helping hand that...
Knows the terrain as well as I do."

"Very well. I accept! KAHAHAHA! By the way, how did you get all of these Aztecs here anyway?"

Fallacy accepts the weapon, then sits down in a meditative pose, focusing on regaining blood.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: May 15, 2016, 05:17:43 pm »

"Look, I'm going to be honest, so far, I have been running into no end of trouble, and I would appreciate it if we could band together, if only for a time until we can sort... *Waves hands around* All of this out, then we can kill each other, there are a lot of things I need to do, and I do need another helping hand that...
Knows the terrain as well as I do."

"Very well. I accept! KAHAHAHA! By the way, how did you get all of these Aztecs here anyway?"

Fallacy accepts the weapon, then sits down in a meditative pose, focusing on regaining blood.
"Well, obviously," Execute keeps his hands down close to his chest where the other Aztecs can't see them as small finger quotes, "I'm a spirit, Y'know, the wings and such, my true" again with the finger quotes, "name is Amihiyotzinuatmotlapal, or The Spirit Of Force, I lead these people now, and I used my natural ability of opening portals to get back here."
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: May 15, 2016, 06:38:11 pm »

Once a good distance away from the battlefield, stop to reload my new gun and to patch up myself and my horse with the medical kit. Then, attempt to find a gun store, preferably a good distance away from the aztec horde.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: May 15, 2016, 08:01:56 pm »

Listen to his mixtape. If it's good, tell him that he's just not the musician I'm looking for. If it's bad, insult him and ride away.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: May 16, 2016, 06:53:16 pm »

Be human again and naked. Scavenge around a bit for the food that guy ordered. And anything else useful like clothes or a vehicle.

Take the katana and two javelins with me. The javelins can both be carried in one hand.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: May 17, 2016, 02:00:02 am »

Round 55: Of Rice & Men
Weather Conditions: Sunny (5.8 Inches of Snow)
Time: Afternoon

Dolosus rides as far away as he can from the battlefield until the sounds of fighting and war are off in the distance, which happens to be at about the same time that his injured, bleeding horse begins to slow down out of fatigue anyways. With no chaos around him, Dolosus can calmly reload his new gun, Person's pistol, though when he equips it he finds that Person didn't have any additional ammunition and the only rounds that the Samurai is carrying are those for his older-model revolver, which effectively leaves him stuck with a one-shot gun for now. He puts the pistol away and takes out the looted Professional Medical Kit, distributing its remaining resources between himself and his horse. [7+2(Extensive Resources)] Using up the last bits of antiseptic, gauze and tape, Dolosus clears out his foot wound and patches up his horse's flank. Dolosus sets his sights on a gun store far away from the Aztecs are rides around the whole eastern part of the city without seeing any such place. With a small town like Denmark, it might have never had a gun store, and chances are it could have been destroyed in the destruction that befell the town before he arrived. On the other hand, Wisconsin is a hunting state so even if there is no gun store here, there is bound to be a few in the towns surrounding the ruined Denmark.

After receiving a very warm reception to her Cowboy-Aztec Poetry, High tyrol sticks around at the Open Mic night to interact with the audience, chatting it up with them, especially those that were wearing more classy, formal attire. [2+2(Wit)] Despite the quality of her story, tyrol doesn't get the chance to talk with many people who leave shortly after she is finished, too busy to stop and see the rest of the performances. She does get acquainted with a Green Bay-based lawyer named David Irvin, while he isn't involved in the field of writing or publishing, he say he enjoys it as an after-work hobby and perhaps can get Tyrol to know some people who could help her out. Before he leaves, he gives her a business card with his name, number, and address to his office.

Twinwolf, wounded and simply overpowered at this hand-to-hand fighting scenario, flees from the scene towards the direction where his great cannon still stands. He yells at the wounded Patriot, the only one still able to stand, to follow him and run away from their bloodthirsty primitive attacker. Twinwolf looks over his shoulder and Beirus is sprinting towards them at full speed, vaulting over debris and cars, threatening to catch up to their position. [3+2 vs. 5+2] Twinwolf fires off the rest of his pistol clip behind him in an attempt to possibly hit Beirus or at the very least force her to slow down and take cover, but the Sevateem hunter simply ducks under the shots without letting up much speed. Chasing them down the streets of Denmark, Beirus pulls another handful of thorns out of her pack and chucks them at Twinwolf, [4+2 vs. 3] and fails to pierce him with the deadly poison, but a single thorn, as sharp as dagger, slashes across the back of Twin's right Achilles tendon before passing by. Twin cries out in pain and shock as he tumbles onto the asphalt. The lone Patriot realizes his leader has been taken down and looks at him on the floor, and then at Beirus charging for both of them. He hesitates for a moment before cursing and running at Beirus, trying to intercept her. [6 vs. 10+2] When he gets close, the Patriot lunges at her with his knife, which the huntress easily sidesteps, [3+2 vs. 9] and then swipes her own knife at him, which the Patriot jumps away, the blade whizzing through the space in front of him.
Beirus is ready to finish Twin off but the damn Patriot is not getting out of her way. [1+2 vs. 3] She slashes at him again and this time he blocks her strike and shoves her away. Beirus shakes her head, that was simply a sloppy strike on her part. Meanwhile, at this time Twinwolf carefully returns back to standing on his feet. He wipes the steady flow of blood still falling from his face away from his left eye.

Elephant Parade humors the teenager and lets him play it on his phone. [9] The sound is grimy and clearly produced at the amateur level, but the kid has a solid flow, delivery and even a few clever lyrics. Still, he is not the type of artist that was going to sing about the wonders of the equestrian. Elephant returns the mixtape and confirms that it is "fire" but that it is not the type of music he is searching, he encourages the kid to continue practicing and striving towards his dreams. The teenager replies stating that he is grateful for the advice before he skateboards away.

With the Soucouyant out of the picture and a lull in the fighting, Execute pulls Fallacy aside to speak to her one-on-one. "Look, I'm going to be honest, so far, I have been running into no end of trouble, and I would appreciate it if we could band together, if only for a time until we can sort... ", he makes a general gesture to his surroundings, "All of this out, then we can kill each other, there are a lot of things I need to do, and I do need another helping hand that...Knows the terrain as well as I do." Fallacy thinks for a second, looking as if she is considering accepting the deal or maybe just biting Execute in the face, (to be fair, that is her default expression) before she declares,
"Very well. I accept! KAHAHAHA! By the way, how did you get all of these Aztecs here anyway?" Fallacy takes the Springfield off of Execute's hands before settling into a meditative pose, focused on restoring her own vitality.
"Well, obviously," Execute keeps his hands down close to his chest where the other Aztecs can't see them as he performs small finger quotes, "I'm a spirit, Y'know, the wings and such, my true," again with the finger quotes, "name is Amihiyotzinuatmotlapal, or The Spirit Of Force, I lead these people now, and I used my natural ability of opening portals to get back here." Execute then leaves Fallacy to rest and attaches her with a 20-soldier strong accompaniment of Aztec soldiers, who are ordered to both protect her and kill her if she acts stupid. With the opportunity to both rest and the time do so, Fallacy restores some of her energy.

"Damn, he would have been handy to have around." MidnightJaguar muses this over Person's body for a moment and respectfully bows. Then he hears the gunshots coming from far down the street and itching for an opportunity to fight, Midnight spurs his elephant into action and sets it into a charge, bustling down the road. While Beirus squares off with Twinwolf's last Patriot, the two fighters circling each other looking for the best opportunity to strike, both are interrupted as the ground shakes and a terribly loud bellow comes from down the street. Looking up, they both spot the war elephant and its rider charging right at them, [Morale: 2-2(Elephant Intimidation)] resulting in the Patriot dropping his knife and instantly assuming the fetal position, screaming like a starfish in the lead role of a midnight opera. [6+2 vs. 2+2] Not being familiar with Elephants, Beirus tries to leap out of the way but doesn't account for just how long tusks are, and as she evades one of the ivory lengths slams into her lower torso and she goes flying through the air into a wire mesh fence and sustaining several broken ribs in the process. The Elephant continues running down the street and doesn't even notice when it tramples over the Patriot who pretty much gave up any hope of living. [9+2 vs. 8-1] Twinwolf runs as quickly as he can with an injured leg and it isn't long before the war elephant is behind him, thrusting its tusks at him and piercing his left leg like a giant spear. The impact of the attack flips Twinwolf into the air before he lands flat on his face.

Ukrainian Ranger does not move deeper into Denmark just yet, instead they look for any working transportation vehicles in the immediate area. [5] Every car or truck, really, anything with a motor is just a useless heap of metal at this point, beyond any sort of repair. Among some rubble, Ranger does find a somewhat damaged but still functioning Push Scooter if they were willing to ride such a thing.
You know how you can tell when a storm is coming? Ukrainian experiences something similar as their senses tell them there is not only a single wormhole open in Denmark, there are multiple! If they could make it in and look around, they could come across some astonishing finds, who knows what wormholes to other worlds were lying dormant here?

The floating fireball descends into the pile of skin which wraps around it, enclosing it and finishing NAV's transition from Soucouyant back to his original human form, naked and cold once again. NAV looks for the food that would fulfill the latest quest, [N/A] but he quickly realizes that pizzas and chicken wings were probably not going to naturally appear in the wilderness of a forest, and this place didn't look like an attraction either so there wasn't even any picnic grounds to scour. Instead, he turns his attention to looking for something like clothes or a vehicle. [6+2(Scavenging)] Looking around in the thawing snow, NAV spots an Old Poncho and Boxers that had been discarded. It was an awkward mix of clothing, and both articles were dirty but it was better than contracting hypothermia. Ready to move on, NAV goes to his hidden item stockpile and takes the Katana and two Javelins in one hand; it would be awkward to throw two javelins with one hand but for carrying purposes it worked fine.

Execute, seeing the reaction the bloodsucking fireball had to rice, orders some of his men to take rice bags from the store and spread it all around and in the floor, and to additionally spread rice all around the portal. This way, if the Soucouyant were to return, it wouldn't be able to come after anyone in the area with all the rice it would have to collect. This uses up all of the grocery's rice supplies and results in rice being everywhere, but it was a necessary precaution. After overseeing this operation and making sure some of his forces stayed with Fallacy, Execute left through the front doors and took to the skies again, flying up and soaring, searching for his newest foe, the man on the elephant. Down the street, he spots the rampaging elephant chasing after some people and knocking them around like bowling pins. Execute targets the elephant like a missile, arching downwards and slowing down just enough so that he can land on its back. Midnight, busy with commanding his elephant to trample over his competition, is taken by surprise when a winged man lands on the back of his mount. "I am Amihiyotzinuatmotlapal, God of the Aztecs! You have killed my people! Prepare to die!" [3 vs. 2] Execute shoots Midnight in the arm which barely even grazes him and then fires a shot which puts a hole in his saddle.

Yuri follows Execute's position, rifle in tow, but Execute flies far enough where he couldn't get a decent shot, and at this point would be wasting bullets or potentially risking shooting his old friend. Yuri curses and abandoning Execute's original plan, kicks down the door at the top of the building and quickly descends the stairs, trying to get down to the street as quickly as possible...

A single Aztec steps through the portal. "Oh God! Rice! Rice everywhere!"

The Sunset Invasion:
Leaders: Execute, Yuri
Active: 159 (+1)
16 Eagle Soldiers [+1 Aztec Warfare, Macuahuitl Obsidian Swords, Slings]
Casualties: 116

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MidnightJaguar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukrainian Ranger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 02:02:53 am by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 55 - Of Rice & Men
« Reply #1109 on: May 17, 2016, 03:24:07 am »

Bring out the shortsword, and follow up with a good old game of making him lose ground, don't even give him time to pull out his rifle.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 97