Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 159921 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 52 - Sweet Dreams
« Reply #1080 on: May 12, 2016, 09:34:03 am »

((Why do I have such a massive penalty to shooting from my elephant?))
You do not have any penalties at the moment.
(( I was talking about when I was shooting at dolus I had a -6 is that because I was moving at the time?))

I botched that up but for Dolosus actually, not you. It should be [6 vs. 7-1]. The aggresor, in this case you, always has the first number, so your shot was a [6]. Dolosus, for his defensive roll, got a [7], with a penalty due to his previous injuries.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 53 - Glancing Blows
« Reply #1081 on: May 12, 2016, 01:37:30 pm »

Return to my vehicle. Leave this town and drive to the nearest town with a doctor in it.

I'm almost starting to feel like I've become the comic relief. What horrible injury will I survive next?
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: May 12, 2016, 02:21:42 pm »

((*reads post*

Oi, that's not how American copyright law works, copyright's automatic and free.  Also, *rights.))

If you want to go and register it at a copyright building there is a fee.
Also, *writes. Because it's a poem.
((... You sure you're not thinking of patents or trademarks?  I have never heard of a 'copyright building', ever, in admittedly armchair browsing of intellectual property whatnot.

Ah.  Carry on.

Also, no, *authorship.  Because writes is a verb.  Or *rights because copyright is about maintaining the author's rights.))
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 02:29:38 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: May 12, 2016, 02:26:25 pm »

*writes
punz son
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: May 12, 2016, 04:33:11 pm »

Count all that rice! How many are there?

Or fly back to my skin. Whatever you think is right.

(I think this should count as being caught though, at least within the spirit of the meaning.)
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: May 12, 2016, 04:35:17 pm »

How about whenever you are counting rice, until you are properly "caught" by someone new, you can roll for Willpower every turn to try and pry yourself from the rice, and rolling higher than a 5 will allow you to fly back towards yojr skin?

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: May 12, 2016, 06:30:32 pm »

Trot the racehorse over to Person."You were good son. Real good."Pull out my sword."Now this is nothing personal  okay? You're a goner. The way I see it, I'm gonna put you out of your misery while I benefit. Everybody wins."

Stab Person to death with my sword and steal the small items off his body. Make sure this gets captured on film.

"Fuck this shit I'm out"

Ride the racehorse as hard as it can as far away from the battle as possible. Flip Execute the bird as I ride away.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: May 12, 2016, 06:51:58 pm »

((All alliances with samurai are doomed seems to be the central tenet of this game. :P))
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 09:31:40 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: May 12, 2016, 06:59:51 pm »

So, if we're swinging it that way, I guess the question is, are there any holes in the barricade big enough for me to have seen NAV counting the rice?

No, the Aztecs set up a thorough barricade free of any major holes; even so, the maliable Soucouyant is able to squeeze through.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: May 12, 2016, 07:03:26 pm »

((I find it interesting MY ARMY OF BLOODTHIRSTY AZTECS are less likely to senselessly murder their own allies and, in this case, enemies.))
Count all that rice! How many are there?

Or fly back to my skin. Whatever you think is right.

(I think this should count as being caught though, at least within the spirit of the meaning.)

((Point's moot, since I just described an action that specifically said I caught you in the act.))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: May 12, 2016, 10:56:09 pm »

enter poetry competition but read the fine print for participation to insure i am not giving up the rights to my poem

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: May 13, 2016, 12:06:48 am »

Continue attacking with Thorns and my knife. Try to target and kill Twinwolf first. Use my reflexes to try to avoid any harm.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 54 - The Second Betrayal
« Reply #1092 on: May 15, 2016, 02:16:02 am »

Round 54: The Second Betrayal
Weather Conditions: Sunny (6.9 Inches of Snow)
Time: Afternoon

With the song of horses in tow, Elephant Parade rides off from the hunting grounds and towards the small-but-not-touched-by-malicious-raining-fire town of Greenleaf, population 607. Surely in a town of this great magnitude, it wouldn't be hard to find musical talent that specializes in pop. [Musical Talent Scouting: 3] Surprisingly, the town has limited musical resources, and asking around Elephant is not able to find any local stars or even amateur bands. One teenager does say he has a hot mixtape and he could lay down some fresh rhymes.

Dolosus trots his horse towards Person, his one and only teammate in these crazy game, the WWI Vet looks like he's taken just about every kind of beating and now limps rather than walks. "You were good son. Real good." Person looks at Dolosus quizzically as the Samurai rotates the camera to face Person and then continues, "Now this is nothing personal  okay? You're a goner. The way I see it, I'm gonna put you out of your misery while I benefit. Everybody wins." Person's eyes widen as he realizes what is going on, unsteadily raising his own sword up in the air in an attempt to shield himself as Dolosus holds his Katana above his head, preparing to make a downward strike. [6+2 vs. 5-2-1] The Japanese comes crashing down upon Person and easily smashes through his defense with such power that he slices through Person's right arm at the elbow, the limb falling to the ground still clutching the handle of his Officer's Sword.
Bleeding profusely, [2-2] Dad takes a step forward, as if trying one last-ditch effort to attack Dolosus, but instead falls to his knees in front of him, breathing in sharp, jagged breaths. Dolosus hops off his horse and walks towards Person, sword in tow, soaked with the blood of betrayal. He looks down upon Person pitifully, and the veteran stares back with a steely glare, half furious over this treachery and half dignified acknowledge that he needs no pity for what is coming. Dolosus nods, as if saying "It's not personal, I promise." He thrusts the Katana through Person's left breast in one clean motion, and removes it just as quickly and cleanly. Dad sighs one more time and falls upon his back.
The Samurai bows to his worthy enemy, and then immediately bends down and ransacks his body. After looting Person's body for his gun, mostly-used medkit and keys to the Potato-Mobile, Dolosus stands and looks around the immediate area: currently on one side of him is a man shooting from atop an elephant on his other side there is screaming coming from a barricaded grocery store. "Fuck this shit I'm out." And with that eloquence, Dolosus hops back and his horse and after checking that the camera recorded everything, rides at full gallop away from everything, flipping Execute the bird before disappearing into an alleyway racing away from everyone.
Dolosus has (Dis)Honorably slain "Dad" Person!
He gains 1 Point!
+Article: RV Belgica (1884): +RV Belgica Steamship

[Due to its size, the RV Belgica has spawned in the port of Green Bay.]

When explaining her wound, TheFallacyofUrist grimaces, slightly. "It is only due to my supernatural endurance that I am able to remain standing at this point. Behold!" She shows off the significant burn along her arm which has seared her flesh. "In addition to this... I think I've lost blood. I think that fireball is some kind of vampire. Seriously, how can a fireball be a BLOODY VAMPIRE?" The Aztecs take her burn and blood loss into account, though she can hear them asking each other what a vampire is. "We'll get you something for your arm. For now, just rest, that is the best cure for blood loss if you are no longer reading." [Medical: 5+2] An Aztec Medicine applies a mint-scented herb to Fallacy's burn which is cool to the touch and rids her of the pain.

Execute watches the fireball somehow slip through the closed barrier and into the grocery, followed by the screams of his soldiers. He rushes forward, but out of the corner of his eye he sees the Samurai on horseback, who had been cutting down his forces, give him the finger and then disappear behind a building. Execute dismisses this as unimportant at the moment and bangs on the barricade, yelling to be allowed entrance. The barrier is opened once again and he vaults into the store and points his gun at the fireball which is hovering off the floor. "EVERYBODY STAY BACK, THAT INCLUDES YOU YOU INSANE BASTARD THE ONLY REASON I HAVEN'T KILLED YOU IS BECAUSE YOU'RE THE FIRST ONE TO NOT SEEM LIKE A THREAT DON'T THINK YOU CAN HIDE YOUR BLOOD LOSS FROM ME I'LL DEAL WIIiiiiiith..." Execute stops his screaming for a moment to observe the ball of energy not reacting to him, but instead preoccupied with sorting grains of rice on the ground. "What's it doing?" The fireball then rotates towards Execute, as if it were looking at him, and then emits a high-pitched screech. It ascends towards the ceiling at high speeds and before anyone can react, it flies towards the barrier at rocket speed and exits through it, going into the sky until it vanishes from sight. For a moment, everyone is speechless, and then Execute resumes order by asking for medical assistance with his wing. [Medical: 6+2] The Aztec medics are able to fix up Execute's wing, though this time and resource consuming process leaves them neglecting his arm, as well as there now being a shortage of medicine that has been so liberally used in the past few turns. Execute's bodyguard force enters into the grocery after their leader.

Beirus ignores the Patriot who slashed her leg and elects to jump off the roof of the car and onto Twinwolf, brandishing her knife from above, its tip pointed downwards. [4+2 vs. 3] Twinwolf is not fast enough to evade the attack allowing Beirus to rake her knife across the nationalist leader's face, creating a large bleeding gash in the left side, though it does miss the eye.

MidnightJaguar sees Person hobbling away towards his Samurai friend and identifying his WWI Uniform, decides that he should does his part in helping a fellow veteran of the Great War out once he can remove the Aztecs in his path. [Morale: 10-2(Elephant Intimidation)] Despite the massive elephant stomping around, the Aztecs hold their ground and continue to pelt it with arrows and spears. [6 vs. 9] The attempts to penetrate the elephant's flesh result in glancing blows and Midnight refuses to let his beast stand there and take an assault uncontested. [5+2 vs. 4] With Midnight's guidance, the Elephant charges into a section of Aztecs and sends over half a dozen of them flying as they torn and tossed aside with the aid of massive tusks. At this point, the Aztecs back off for the moment which gives Midnight a chance to move towards Person. He has the elephant walks towards his fellow veteran but it is too late; Person is lying on his back in a pool of blood missing an arm and with a hole in his chest while the Samurai is riding off into the beyond.

High tyrol drives down to the coffee shop where the Open Mic is being held, specifically Sheds & Aristocrats, preparing to give her poem the exposure it needs for her to really gain some success. S&A's is located in a suburban plaza about a couple miles out of Green Bay. Tyrol parks in the lot and before she enters the lot, she looks at one of the posters on the store's front that describes the event and checks for anything that would result in her forfeiting the rights to her work, upon further observation there is nothing like that. She goes inside and sits in front of the stage, listening to amateur folk music and angsty poetry until a spot opens up for her. She walks up to the mic, and performs "The Sky God Came Down to Texas". [Poetic Performance: 9+2+1(High Quality Poem)] After half an hour, Tyrol finishes and the whole room is silent, and she thinks that her poem had utterly failed until she is given a rousing standing ovation by the entire crowd. It's a crowd of about fifty people, but is enthralling nonetheless.

Twinwolf, after getting slashed across the face, attempts to shoot Beirus while the alien woman does her best to see where Twin is aiming and preemptively dodge. [3+2 vs. 10+2] Twin fires three shots, and with each Beirus not only jukes out of the way of the bullet entirely but gets closer and closer with each failure to hit. [5+2 vs. 2] Before Twinwolf can shoot the fourth time, Beirus bats his gun away with her free hand and then lunges with her knife and nails him with two quick stabs to the stomach region. Twin wolf backs up, covering up his wounds with one hand and keeping the gun upright with the other. His non-injured Patriot rushes Beirus from behind, [1 vs. 10+2] and before he even reaches her she drops to the round and performs a spinning ankle kick that sends him flat on his back. [9+2 vs. 3] He tries getting back up, and halfway through he is rewarded with a slash across the neck. He clenches his hands over his neck and crawls away, gurgling and managing to live for the next forty seconds or so. The Patriot with the arm injury tries not to freak out that his leader is getting torn apart, and that his friends are either convulsing from poison or bleeding out rapidly, and also that his arm is leaking everywhere. [Morale: 7] He musters up the courage to stand his ground, and even goes so far as to pick a chunk of concrete off the ground and make a half-hearted effort to hit Beirus. [8-1(Weak Throw) vs. 7+2] Beirus ducks under the projectile and even Twin has to jump out of the way to avoid being struck. Beirus responds by throwing a cluster of thorns, [2+2 vs. 10] which scatter onto the  sidewalk, bouncing on the asphalt harmlessly.

NAV is counting the rice, as all Soucouyants must count the rice they find. A Soucouyant encountering rice is like a lost individual in the desert finding a cooler of Mountain Dew, no matter how much they hate themselves, they must do what biology compels them to do. Just as NAV is reaching the halfway point, Execute bursts into the grocery. NAV has been discovered, how dare someone break his focus when he is counting every single grain of rice! Filled with a horrid sense of embarrassment and shock, NAV flies out of the grocery store as fast as possible, whipping through the air at speeds he did not know he could attain; a passerby on the street could easily mistake NAV for a shooting star or ball lighting. He flies and flies until he returns to the grove by the lake on the Eastern side of Denmark. He descends into the trees until he finds his skin hidden under a great Pine. He hovers above his skin, his lovely, warm, fleshy skin which makes him feel relief and calm, washing away the terrible sensation of being caught in the middle of rice counting.
[Fun Fact: Psychologists think that Soucouyants are weird, but Biologists describe them as "Alright".]

32 Aztec soldiers spawn from the Portal.

The Sunset Invasion:
Leaders: Execute, Yuri
Active: 147(+32)
16 Eagle Soldiers [+1 Aztec Warfare, Macuahuitl Obsidian Swords, Slings]
Casualties: 116

And yet another portal opens up around the outskirts of Denmark, a greenish swirl that hovers briefly across the ground spits out a giant snail shell before it vanishes. From this shell emerges the competition's most unique looking contestant yet, as a body with an overall human shape but snail features rises and stands on human-like legs, stretching out human-like arms that clutch a military rifle, in an accordingly military uniform. "For the snails!" It cries a high-pitched, ambiguous noise.

Ukrainian Ranger...oozes(?) into battle!
[All of Ukrainian's watercraft are currently sitting in the port of Green Bay.]

While everything is going on, an event occurs where each contestant receives an audio signal that manifests in various ways:

For Execute and Fallacy, it comes from the grocery's PA System, despite their being no electricity.
For Twinwolf, Beirus, Dolosus, Midnight, and Ukrainian it comes from the radios of vehicles that have been long destroyed, but are somehow still audible. It is similar for Elephant, who hears the signal coming from a parked truck.
Dolosus hears it coming from his camera. 
NAV simply receives it telepathically.
Whatever the manifestation is, the actual transmission, delivered in the style of a radio broadcast, is the same:

There is a little bit of static, followed by a man with an articulate Georgian accent, "Howdy folks! It's me again, Thomas Charles Montgomery, leading announcer for the Annual Wikipedia-Wars Competition! We've seen it all from fireballs rainin' down from the heavens to imaginary Aztecs brought to life! What crazy things will we see next? Well, let me tell ya', by popular demand now you, that's right, you in the audience listening and watching along have a chance to tell the Wiki-Warriors what their next Quests will be! Just boil me in a blanket! We will be randomly calling participating phone numbers around the world for faithful fans to tell us what Quests they want to see. And for our very first Quest, we'll be honoring the wonderful state of Minnesota which generously and definitely consensually allowed us to use their home as the starting ground for this year's competition! Our first lucky caller will be.....Richard Brooks of Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin!"
There is a soundbite of a phone ringing.
".....hello?"
"Is this Richard?"
".....yeah."
"Salutations Richard! You have been selected as the first ever Wiki-War listener to those crazy and colorful Wiki-Warriors a Quest!"
"Cool."
"What's your Quest going to be Richard? Are you going to have those brave men and women build a boat to be the first one to cross Lake Michigan!? Or will you have them race to perform a fully choreographed musical in a public place? Or did you-"
"I want 5 Large Pizzas, 80 Chicken Wings, and 8 two-liter sodas. I live on Buchad Beach Drive right on Lake Winnebago, next to Smith's Lakeside Bar & Grill.""
"...Er, you want a fast food dilvery? These are people who can ride elephants, take down an army, open up portal to different worlds, and you want them to your home?"
"Yes."
"W-well surely if that is what you wish for you can call up your local pizza resteraunt and they will deliver to you-"
"But if you guys do it, it's free right?"
Thomas sighs loudly. "Yes. Thank you...very much Richard."
"Bye."
The next sound is a phone being put back on its receiver.
"There you have it folks. This Quest, which will be called the, ah, er, "The Connoisseur", will be worth a grand total of...one point. Will our fearless friends be able to stand the test of this Quest? Yes. Will they even bother to do it? Stay tuned!"
There is some more static before the signal ends.

New Quest: The Connoisseur
Some dude wants food delivered to his house. Seriously, that's it.

Conditions:
*Be the first one with 5 Large Pizzas, 80 Chicken Wings and 8 two-liter Soda Bottles to Richard Brooks in Buchad Beach Drive near Lake Winnebago in Fond Du Lac.

Reward: 1 Point

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MidnightJaguar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukrainian Ranger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)

While everyone's characters range from odd to bizarre, Ukrainian Ranger latest spawn makes a strong case for the leader in the weirdness category. Also, I don't know that much about Stargate so if anyone wants me to know about a signature trait or ability of Jack O' Neill's, please do inform me. As far as I can gather from the Wiki pages, he's a cool military leader guy who fights aliens from other dimensions, though I assume there is more to him than that.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: May 15, 2016, 02:42:15 am »

((The heck is Yuri doing?))
With that weirdness over with, Execute tasks one Aztec to spread rice over the floor, another to spread some around the outside edges of the store, and a few others to carry a bag of rice to the portal, then spread as much as possible around it, and focuses on Fallacy.
"Look, I'm going to be honest, so far, I have been running into no end of trouble, and I would appreciate it if we could band together, if only for a time until we can sort... *Waves hands around* All of this out, then we can kill each other, there are a lot of things I need to do, and I do need another helping hand that...
Knows the terrain as well as I do."
If she accepts, give her the Springfield rifle, along with a group of Aztecs, both as a safeguard and a failsafe, with orders to take her down, lethally, if she does anything stupid.
If she doesn't accept, shoot her with the Conquistador pistol and command the Aztecs to kill her if she doesn't die from that, this whole 'kindness' bullshit has been going on long enough and I know what undeserved mercy does by now.
Either way it goes, get out of the store and fly onto the elephant to engage in pistol-to-hand combat.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: May 15, 2016, 02:50:31 am »

((The heck is Yuri doing?))

Probably trying to fix his own foot and hiding from NAV because fireballs are spooky.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 97