Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 159860 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 45 - The Turning Point?
« Reply #945 on: April 06, 2016, 12:58:45 am »

They stocked up when the looting the body's of Nunzillor's militia, so they each have about three spare clips; they made a conscious effort to get a lot of ammo.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 06, 2016, 02:39:38 am »

Alright, shit, I can still work with this.
Hey TCM, how agile am I with flying? Could I fly close to the ground tailing... I dunno, a moving car without being in much trouble of crashing? And would you say an Aztec reloading something like a musket would be a long or moderate reload, and how many muskets could Yuri or I fire in one turn, assuming good conditions?
Okay, get the Aztecs to focus on Hawk, don't even give him a second of breathing time, then get Yuri to pester greatness along with five or six other Aztecs, get him to use a bow, if Greatness even pokes a finger out of the truck, fire for the finger, and if he stays inside keep pestering him with gun and arrow fire, in the meantime, get the first wave of Aztecs (The ones that aren't integral to keeping our main thorns pinned, that is) to fall back, give them the job of, along with getting as much ammo (both for bows and guns) as they can get their hands on, to bring back at the very least seven muskets, another couple pistols, and a few crossbows, too.
In the meantime, fly away from where our main annoyances are, then circle around to where our drive-by shooter went and attempt to shoot out him or, if his head isn't visible (And that would be preferable) fire for his tires, stay between buildings and such cover to hide from his return fire.

((Damnit, the two people to get into protracted firefights with an they're the ones with the ones with the most ability to hold out, if I don't get lucky again, then we'll just be in the same unsustainable stalemate of wasting resources.))
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 02:42:14 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: April 06, 2016, 05:12:08 am »

Rng really hates my legs doesn't it. Ah well. I knew I should have un-jammed the pistol before setting out. (I'm rather tempted to throw my disc and see if they try to catch it, but that's a bit too silly for me.)

Fight them back with my sword.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: April 06, 2016, 08:31:29 am »

first check to see if the machine gun on the plane is still operational or at least fixable if it is then look for a pickup truck to borrow(steal) then load the machine gun into the truck bed

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: April 06, 2016, 08:58:48 am »

"I'm retreating to the truck. Cover me!"

Get to the armored truck NAV's car as fast as I can. Extract the arrow and nom on some veggies. Extract Greatness' arrows too, if he wants me to. Continue firing on the Aztecs if I have time still left.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 02:59:53 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: April 07, 2016, 10:37:44 am »

Drive over to near the armoured truck.
"I'm on your team now. Get in."
And shoot some Aztecs.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: April 07, 2016, 12:53:21 pm »

"...'Kay."

Get into the car, then do the actions I already have listed.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 46: The Great Escape
« Reply #952 on: April 10, 2016, 03:07:14 pm »

Round 46: The Great Escape
Weather Conditions: Snow (12.5 inches)
Time: Early Afternoon

High Tyrol checks on the condition of the plane's machine gun, (2) and finds that is has been broken up into a dozen pieces. She steps out of the wreckage and looks around the area for a pickup truck, (9) and after walking down the nearest road for a few minutes, comes across an abandoned truck. At the moment it has collided with another car, which must have happened sometime around the Denmark Apocalypse, the car being the smaller vehicle was completely destroyed while the truck only suffered some superficial frontal damage. Both of the drivers are dead, with the truck driver slumped down into his seat, and the truck is out of gas as well. However, everything else appears operational, even the keys are still in there.

Execute clarifies his plan to his war party, "First wave, go back through the portal and retrieve at least seven muskets, a couple pistols, and a handful of crossbows. Bring them back here!" The Aztecs, relieved to not have to be part of this fight for a moment, run back through the portal. (-26 Active Aztecs) "Second wave! The best sex shooters go assault the fortress with Yuri, the rest of you focus on the other man!" The split occurs, with Yuri's Elite Shooter Unit firing onto the armored truck. With it being completely closed however, every single arrow bounces off the exterior of the truck.
The larger section of the army charges after Hawk. (9+1 vs. 6-1) Hawk pops out of cover just for a moment to retaliate, but he is struck by a flying spear which imbeds itself deep into his right shoulder! The force of the hit throws him down onto the back and results in him losing a hold of his gun. In addition to all of this, the spear has been dabbed in a painful toxin, furthering debilitating Hawk.
Execute himself takes to the air once again and flies down the street where NAV has just performed a U-Turn. With a difficult angle on the driver inside, Execute is forced to shoot for the tires. (1 vs. 5) The shot goes wide to the right and into a ruined car on the side of the road. (2 vs. 3) NAV leans out his window to fire a quick burst at Execute, one of the bullets clipping one of Amihiyotzinuatmotlapal's feathers.

NAV drives to a spot in the road that's an equal distance from both Hawk and NAV. "I'm on your team now, get in!" (8 vs. 6) He leans out the window and sprays at the Aztecs, taking down three more of them.

Person squares off against the feral hounds, drawing his officer's sword and stabbing it downwards at them. (9+1 vs. 10) He jams the blade into what he is sure is the back of the neck of one of the closest dogs, yet the agile creature narrowly evades Person as his blade goes into the soft, snowy ground. Person lets out his own animalistic sounds, barking and yelling at the dogs as his swings his sword at them whenever they draw near. The creatures growl as fiercely as ever, but instead of attacking they now retreat back into the tent, obviously intimidated by Person.

"...You know, I've fought worse. Killed worse. You Aztecs...don't know who you're fighting, do you?" The Samurai muses to himself as he attempts to remove both of the arrows from his body. (1) (7) The newest arrow, he is able to pull out with great concentration. The shoulder arrow on the other hand he accidentally further pushes deeper into himself, making it impossible to retrieve without further opening the wound. Now he is plagued with the constant sensation of an arrow shaft penetrating the muscle as well, which is highly painful. His stomach wound regenerates partially. He then looks around the truck for spare parts and a wire, (10) and finds a surplus of both. He takes as much as he can and stores it in his armor. (+Long Length of Wire, +Various Mechanical Parts) Finally, when Greatness hears that backup has arrived outside, he kicks open the doors of the truck and fires at Yuri and his Aztec war party, (9-1-1 vs. 2) nailing half of them instantly and Yuri as well. (9) Somehow, Yuri remains a lucky son of the bitch as the bullet only nicks him. (4) Greatness sprints and makes into the car, but gives Yuri's team one last opportunity to attack. (1 vs. 4-2) Despite Greatness sloppily diving into the backseat of NAV's sports car, every arrow fired at him misses, as well as even missing the entire car.

Abstract daydreams about his life now. What would happen? Would his job at the mayor's office work out? What about Autumn, what was she going to do here? Would their relationship survive their new goals and obstacles? Abstract thinks about this for the rest of the day.
The next morning, at sunrise, Abstract wakes up. He could try starting his job now, or since he was given some "adjusting" time by his employer, he could spend today exploring the city with Autumn.

"I'm retreating to the truck. Cover me!" Hawk cries out as he rushes for the car, now sporting multiple serious wounds. (1-1) On the way, Hawk trips over some debris and lands on his face, allowing the Aztecs to easily swarm around him. (9+1 vs. 3-2) Hawk reaches for his gun on the ground, but an agile Jaguar Warrior leaps upon him and drives his spear through Hawk's back and into his spinal column. Hawk is skewered as a hollering horde of Aztec surround him, stabbing and cutting him from all angles in a way that no amount of healing vegetables could hope to mend. Greatness watches helplessly as his original ally is torn apart just fifty meters away from him.
Execute's Aztec army has desecrated Hawk!
+Article: Jacques Bernard Hombron: +2 Medical, +2 Botany, +1 Sailing

41 Aztecs come through the portal. The Aztecs who have left to retrieve the weapons have not yet returned.

The Sunset Invasion:
Leaders: Execute, Yuri
Active: 26(+41)
Casualties: 64

On a hill overlooking Denmark a judge sits upon the hood of her racing car. At the moment that Hawk is struck down, she leaps off of the hood and makes her way towards her artillery piece.
FallacyofUrist lays down the law!

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TinFoilTopHat (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)

In a case of the teacher learning from the student, Greatness's game has lead me to consider new victory rewards for this one. How would you guys feel if the victor got something like a random article from the wikia of their choice, or the ability to influence the starting location of the next game?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 11:26:02 am by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 46 - The Great Escape
« Reply #953 on: April 10, 2016, 03:11:20 pm »

go exploring with my girlfriend why not!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: April 10, 2016, 03:29:18 pm »

... dammit. Back into the waitlist I go.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 46: The Great Escape
« Reply #955 on: April 10, 2016, 03:50:24 pm »

In a case of the teacher learning from the student, Greatness's game has lead me to consider new victory rewards for this one. How would you guys feel if the victor got something like a random article from the wikia of their choice, or the ability to influence the starting location of the next game?
Oh yes. Very nice. Do this. Much happy.
~~~

FallacyofUrist doesn't bother talking. She simply searches for a Wiki-Warrior to eliminate. Preferably one not surrounded by an Aztec army.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: April 10, 2016, 03:51:56 pm »

Lead the people I gathered into battle! Or rather, have them start shooting the Aztecs. Guns > Spears.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: April 10, 2016, 04:32:00 pm »

@TCM: It may be because I'm Biased, but that sounds like a great idea.  :D

"NO! ...N-No...Hey, driver. ...You wanna go bowling?"

Convince NAV to go Aztec Bowling, drawing attention to the head pins of Execute and Yuri. While he's running them over, switch to a left handed grip, and fire on the Aztecs. Try to aim for the mob, and Execute. Yuri must be immortal to have this luck.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: April 10, 2016, 04:50:21 pm »

How would you guys feel if the victor got something like a random article from the wikia of their choice
This could probably be abused.

or the ability to influence the starting location of the next game?
This would be great! It would also be a good way to prevent every single game from starting in Obscure Small Town #1345.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: April 10, 2016, 04:54:41 pm »

I would always have GM Discretion in case someone was all like "I choose the Wikia for a show/game/book where every article is based around a super strong character or item", in which case it would be denied.

I do think, in the support of Choose a Location as a reward, I think it would much more interesting than a single person getting a single article, as picking a single location could change the entire outcome of a game. Note that this would include fictional locations as well.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 97