Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 159814 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 41 - Empire State of Mind
« Reply #870 on: March 20, 2016, 04:59:01 pm »

Out of curiosity, are you using google maps or something similar for that sort of thing? As an aside, I doubt I'd get there so quickly anyway. The fastest route would probably want me to drive on the highway and well, people tend to get pulled over for going 40 on the highway. Not to mention the tolls. :P Its probably a good thing I'm not planning on going to New York.

By the way, is it possible that the starting area could change depending on the events of the game? Say everyone immediately leaves for Green Bay, for example, and there's no players left in Denmark by the time someone dies. Do you have any plans for that sort of thing? Then again I guess that's the sort of thing that would go to a vote wouldn't it.

(Also I'm way overdue on the reporting thing, so don't worry man. Its not just you.)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 20, 2016, 05:04:38 pm »

I am using Google Maps, which is really helpful for getting proximities and landmarks for small places I never even knew existed.

There are definitely situations where the starting point changes. For example, if the starting location becomes overrun or inhospitable, I'll change. It's not unlikely that Denmark becomes a giant burning fire or an irradiated wasteland, and it wouldn't be fair for new players to spawn somewhere where they'll be hurt or killed on arrival.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 20, 2016, 09:38:36 pm »

Waitlist me, I guess. There is no character sheet except your articles, right?

You are correct, and waitlisted.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 20, 2016, 09:40:16 pm »

Take the bike. Take a guess at how long it would take me to get to NY.

On bike? Approximately 103 hours of straight bicycling, not factoring in stops for food and sleep.
... You get to live a while longer, ATH.
((I'll run you over with the car or call the cops))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 20, 2016, 09:44:41 pm »

I really should add some clause that unless you are directly allied with them, calling the cops is not a valid option in this game. :P

Imagine if in any other arena game you could stop other players by calling the cops.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: March 20, 2016, 09:57:19 pm »

...You can't STOP them.  You can make it HARDER, but no, just calling the cops doesn't stop a player.  After all the cops might be busy...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: March 20, 2016, 10:01:28 pm »

Why would cops want to get involved in combat sports anyways? If you agree to fight in, say, a Boxing match, you can't call the police and accuse your opponent of assaulting you.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: March 20, 2016, 10:05:47 pm »

((Eh my plan is to become president with autumn as the lady.))
Why would cops want to get involved in combat sports anyways? If you agree to fight in, say, a Boxing match, you can't call the police and accuse your opponent of assaulting you.
((To be honest my character has been so preoccupied by other things he has honestly forgotten he's a wiki warrior.))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 20, 2016, 10:07:37 pm »

((But this is not a boxing match.  It is a Charlie Foxtrot.  The police have all the reasons to get involved.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: March 20, 2016, 10:13:13 pm »

Your case is different, because if you do manage to get into office, then it would make sense that the police would protect you as a public official. Hell, you might even get your own bodyguards at that rate.

This has additional interesting implications. Since civilians no longer count as bystanders if they ally themselves with a Wiki Warrior, (ex. Nunzillor's militia were no longer protected by conventional laws once they joined her) that could mean all of your supporters would be fair game.

((But this is not a boxing match.  It is a Charlie Foxtrot.  The police have all the reasons to get involved.))

This got brought up a while back, but Wiki Warriors fall outside the standard peripheries of the law on all levels; ultimately they are subject to the laws of the Wikipedia Warfare Foundation, which has far greater power than even the UN.

And ultimately, this is a spectator sport.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 10:16:37 pm by TCM »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 21, 2016, 02:59:58 am »

This has additional interesting implications. Since civilians no longer count as bystanders if they ally themselves with a Wiki Warrior, that could mean all of your supporters would be fair game.
Step one become president.
Step two wage war on the other wiki warriors.
Step three profit.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 21, 2016, 02:06:18 pm »

Try to set some traps in hidden locations that people might stumble into.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 42: The Sunset Invasion
« Reply #882 on: March 24, 2016, 01:30:23 am »

Round 42: The Sunset Invasion
Weather Conditions: Snow (12.5 inches)
Time: Morning

Birdy witnesses his Hailfax Bomber get torn to pieces as a plane cruder than his own but just as ferocious swoops down and riddles it with a full concentrated burst of machine gun fire. The bomber groans, chunks of metal flying off of it, smoke filling its compartments and several pieces falling apart. Birdy goes off into the city to find alternate transportation, after all, with such a hasty abandoned of the city surely there must be working vehicles around. (2) This turns out not to be the case, as there are many vehicles on the road, none of them functional and most so damaged so are beyond even salvaging.

"DO NOT FEAR, MY SUBJECTS, THE FORCES WE FACE SHALL NOT BE PREPARED FOR US, BUT ONE TRIBE DROVE BACK THE HORRID INVADERS, AND WITH THIS FORCE, WE SHALL CRUSH ANY WHO OPPOSE US!
NOW, FOOORTH!" And so Execute draws his blade and is the first one who runs through the portal, followed immediately by Yuri, and then the rest of his army forming a horde as they pass through the portal. They stop briefly once again as they enter the Mansion, but Execute breaks their spell, "DO NOT WASTE TIME HERE, THIS IS NOT OUR DESTINATION! ONWARDS!" They run through the painting room and navigate through rooms and corridors until they reach the purple portal that connected the painted world with the one Execute had originally come from. It felt like it had been so long, as he steps back into the snowy land of Denmark.

High tyrol finishes off Birdy's Bomber, forcing him to abandon it. She isn't finished yet, as she turns the plane around and swoops down upon the flightless revolutionary. (10 vs. 1) Birdy doesn't even get a chance to run, the very first bullets of the machine gun do not strike the immediate area around him, they strike him directly. In a half second he is pulverized beyond recognition.
birdy51 was gunned down from above!
+Article: Tres dólares de plomo: +2 Wild West Guns, +2 Horseback Riding, +Wild West Revolver, +Cowboy Hat

Greatness offers the Bicycle to Hawk, who accepts it and then estimates the amount of time it would take him to get to New York City; he figures it out and its a long time. He decides not to immediately bike to NYC. (+Bicycle [Damaged]) Meanwhile, Greatness scoops his dropped AR15 off the ground and looks for additional vehicles. (9) Greatness finds a not-totally destroyed RV parked on the outer perimeter of the area, what luck! The inside is barren but functional, though the vehicle lacks any starting mechanism like a key. In the meantime, his body fully regenerates to its uninjured form. [Stomach Healed]

NAV sticks to what he knows and goes for a less direct method of deadly combat. He sets about making some crude traps, (Trap Creation: 7) and makes a half a dozen tripwires using some scavenged rope material. (Guerrilla Warfare: 10+1) He litters them in frequently traveled but hard to see spots on the West side of town. At the moment, this would trip up anyone who passed by, but at the moment that's all the traps would do. If he wanted something more deadly, he'd have to get creative.

Abstract spends his first few minutes in NYC looking for a job. He gets directions from some local and heads to the New York City Mayor's Office. As he gets closer, more and more images, such as posters and billboards, of the current mayor begin cropping up, Rubi Tulianni. Abstract and Autumn park their car and go into the building, asking the front desk for work. "Lucky for you, we just had an opening position for an assistant in the Information Systems & Data Entry Department. How experienced are you? Do you have a resume?"

Person, now equipped with medical equipment, operates on his injured leg. (Medical: 4+2[Easy to Use]) With some liberal application of the gauze bandaging, Dad is able to patch up his foot and stop the bleeding. [Right Foot Healed] His ankle still needs work, but at least some of the bleeding has substituted, leaving some of the blood still pouring from his upper regions.

Elephant Parade searches his vicinity for suspicious armed figures. (3) By the edge of the road, he spots some strange looking guys holding rifles. He sneaks towards them, careful not to attract their attention...upon further inspection, they are just S.W.A.T. officers. How anticlimactic.

Where the local Art Store once stood in Denmark only a few spare paintings remained. And from this painting came a glowing purple light, from which stepped a man who had stepped through it many turns ago. He is followed by his companion, and then a general, soldiers, warriors; with each new entry back into the world the portal grew brighter. After about fifty had stepped through, the portal continued to operate as normal but its glow was so great that it cast a great purple cylinder of light into the sky, visible for miles all around. All of the other contestants would see this, even Elephant Parade who stood a good distance away. Except for the Russian Prince who was responsible for this phenomena, every this purple light would inspire dread in all Wiki-Warrior who saw it, even if they did not understand what it meant yet. The one who could not witness it, Abstract, felt a great disturbance in his body, a sudden pang of anxiety and nervousness like he was in danger.

The Sunset Invasion has begun.

There is one more arrival just in time for this new scenario, a woman of Asian descent watching the sky fill with the purple glow. In response, she pulls out her Katana, one of the many weapons she carries on her body like a walking armor. "Iz show time."
TinFoilTopHat is the Shadow Warrior!

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TinFoilTopHat (click to show/hide)
'Bout time this got done, right?

A handy reference guide so everyone knows where they are relative to the position of the portal:
Hawk & Greatness: A few blocks away.
Twinwolf: A few blocks away, hiding in an alley.
NAV: On the other side of town.
Person: On the other side of town.
TinFoil: On the other side of town.
High tyrol: Circling the town from above.
Elephant Parade: About a mile north.
Abstract: Several states to the East.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 01:34:22 am by TCM »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 42 - The Sunset Invasion
« Reply #883 on: March 24, 2016, 02:11:41 am »

((I guess I'm a kind of mini-boss, I'm cool with that.
Oh, also, how fast can I fly with my wings, around the speed of a WW1 Bi-Plane? A bit slower? A lot slower?.))
The False Spirit The Spirit The Man HE looks around with fresh eyes, surveying this now alien landscape, his wings stretch to their full size, imposing and dangerous, looking to his assembled soldiers, HE speaks, "SOLDIERS GATHERED HERE TODAY, THIS IS THE LAND OF SPIRITS, ALL YOU SHALL SEE HERE SHALL BE JUST AS DANGEROUS AS ME, FOR I SHALL NOT LIE TO YOU, AND I ASK OF ALL YOU THIS, IF I FALL, I ASK OF YOU TO FOLLOW THEY WHO TOOK ME DOWN, AS NO MATTER WHAT, I WANT YOU AND YOUR PEOPLE TO FLOURISH UNDER THE POWER OF FORCE."
Looking up and noticing the Biplane circling the city, HE nods silently to himself, "Yuri, lend me your  pistol and blade, I shall engage the plane in the sky, you lead these soldiers, sweep them through to the other side of town until you find any other Wiki-Warriors, attack them as you see fit, but be careful to keep them bunched together, they'll get confused easily, here."
Alright, if I'm about as fast as that Biplane, I'll attack it directly with my superior maneuverability, keep out of the front of his plane, if I'm slower, attack from the clouds, hit and run in the sky,though be careful not to run out of air too fast.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 42 - The Sunset Invasion
« Reply #884 on: March 24, 2016, 02:13:21 am »

...Well! That was a quick death. I fear the dice were extremely against me that round.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 97