Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 159659 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 18 - The Kung-Fu Kid
« Reply #495 on: January 29, 2016, 01:55:21 pm »

((Er...Phone-based things exist?  I think is the point.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 29, 2016, 02:15:12 pm »

Try to sell my Luger, as well as the Schloer. Make use of both my knowledge of Diplomacy and Business.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Nunzillor

« Reply #497 on: January 29, 2016, 02:15:58 pm »

What the American baka have done to this place is awful.  Soon, Denmark, you will be free.

Ski to Manitowoc and look for a payphone.  Perhaps that place is slightly more intact?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 02:50:36 pm by Nunzillor »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 29, 2016, 02:31:02 pm »

Keep hiding out of sight. Flirt with the police, seduce them with my voice, then reject them, make them angry that I rejected them, and use that anger.

You want to hide and flirt with them simultaneously?
Yes! I want to flirt with my voice.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 29, 2016, 04:28:10 pm »

The (false) spirit fell on one knee, bowing down to such a sight.
"Oh, Quetzalcoatl, Lord Of The Skies, I ask- No, beg of you to grant me but a speck of your immesurable power to protect the tribe that believes in me so."
Acting and diplomacy, let's double dip this sucker.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 30, 2016, 12:12:46 am »

Sorry, I'm going to have to drop out. I don't really have the time. Best of luck to you all!

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 30, 2016, 12:45:19 am »

Search for this Wiki-Warrior, so that we may mete out justice. Also, ask the officers if they have a spare gun or something. It'd be useful.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 19 - Might of the Kaurava
« Reply #502 on: January 31, 2016, 03:34:48 pm »

Round 19: Might of the Kaurava
Weather Conditions: Snowing (9.2 inches)
Time: Evening

Abstract drives down to the City Hall of Green Bay. He walks through the halls until he finds one of the doors open; luckily for him, one of the city's council members had stopped by today. (9+2) Abstract introduces himself and explains his case to her in a political and practical manner, discussing the destruction of Denmark and how its government has abandoned it's people who have been left stranded in the snow. Councilwoman Irene Kelly immediately sympathizes with Abstract and comments on how terrible it must be for all those people to be left like that. She says that she will immediately call the rest of the council, the mayor, and F.E.M.A. She asks Abstract what reason he has to help the people of Denmark if he has no personal connection to the city.

Hawk turns to the officers and asks if they have an extra gun. One of the officers says that he has a spare riot gun in the trunk of his car, which he opens up for Hawk. Hawk picks up the gun and studies it, it has the dimensions of a normal shotgun but is loaded with rubber buckshot. It won't kill anyone, but it will certainly knock them down or stun them. (+Riot Gun) With his new weaponry, Hawk goes out on the hunt for this violent Wiki-Warrior. (1) Hawk finds a Wiki-Warrior and puts the Riot Gun up to his temple, but one of the officers bats it away. "What are you doing? That's the district attorney for Christ's sake!" The rest of the officers stare at Hawk in bewilderment. It seems that one of the wiki-warriors has convinced them that he is just a normal civilian, and from their perspective, Hawk just threatened a government official.

Twinwolf desires a lighter, and fortunately, there is a gas station intact nearby. Far from the center of Denmark, it appears that it was far enough away from the cataclysm that it didn't suffer any damage. Twinwolf goes inside the gas station, with its typical layout, and finds an arrangement of cheap lighters that can easily fit in a pocket. He doesn't, however, have any currency to buy one.

NAV calls to the police from the shadows of the alleyway. (10+2-2[Married/Hardened Officers]) With a voice as sweet as butter and a vocal inflection that gives them the shivers, NAV orates, "I do loooooove some boys in uniform~" Two of the officers, both heterosexual faithfully married men, instantly fall under the sway of NAV's seductive powers. They both put their guns away and approach the alleyway, perspiring and nervous. Once they are closer, NAV giggles, "Oh, you looked much better farther away. Sorry, not my type, hehe~" The cops begin steaming at this mysterious floozy hiding in the alleyway, seeming to forget that they are standing watch for a dangerous combatant. (Furious Enemies: +2 to Offensive Rolls)

Nunzillor abandons the suburban district and Denmark as a whole and begins skiing down to Manitowoc, where she hopes that a city that hasn't been destroyed will allow her more options for communication. (4+2-1) While Nunzillor is an excellent skier and the weather is just right for traversing the snow, Manitowoc is still a good 25 miles from Denmark, it's dark, and her arm injury is slowing her down significantly. A pick-up truck, equipped with the latest anti-snow driving technology, stops by the side of the road where she is set in her skiis. "You need to get somewhere buddy? I'll give you a lift, it isn't right to leave someone out here on a night like this."

Person heads into the Pawn Shop to unload some of his items. (10+3) Blending a mix of business knowledge and diplomatic tactics, he is able to convince the store-owner that his Luger is an antique, used by SS Officers and that his Sholer Soda is a brand that will never hit shelves again making the eleven remaining bottles all extremely rare. After some haggling and further discussion, Person is given a final offer of $500 for the Luger and $110 for all the soda.

Ukranian Ranger follows the police cars downtown, sticking to the sidewalk and appearing as just an average civilian. She trails the police until they stop downtown. Some of the police are standing around the car with a man in a suit who doesn't look like an average officer while two other officers are moving towards an alleyway.

Execute falls onto his knees and lowers his head in supplication of Quetzalcoatl. "Oh, Quetzalcoatl, Lord Of The Skies, I ask- No, beg of you to grant me but a speck of your immesurable power to protect the tribe that believes in me so." (3+2 vs. ???) "I CAN SEE YOUR TRUE NATURE; YOU ATTEMPT TO TRY AND SWAY A GOD WITH YOUR MORTAL CHARISMA? I ADMIRE YOUR AUDACITY." The Sky God chuckles, "VERY WELL, I WILL GIVE YOU A SMALL GIFT. USE IT YOUR DISCRETION. GO!" Execute is launched back out of the portal and finds himself in the village. When the villagers surround him, there is a collective gasp. Execute gets to his feet, feeling as if his body were altered in some way. Yuri approaches his master with a pale face, "M-m'lord, you....you are...eeeh...."
The villagers and warriors all get on their knees. Execute peers up at the top of the pyramid where the Emperor is in the same position.
+Ability: Wings of Quetzalcoatl - Can fly.

The police officers rejected by the provocative NAV, lose their ability to be rational and instead draw their police batons and charge into the alleyway. (6) One of the officers runs past NAV who is hiding in the shadows; the ancient warrior leaps upon him, (8+3+2 VS. 10) and slashes him across the chest with his golf club. The police's body armor protects his body from being struck, but the kinetic power of NAV's abilities is so great that it sends the officer flying into the brick wall as if he had been hit by a car going at thirty miles per hour. (7 vs. 4+2) The other officer sprints at NAV and thrusts the baton into his back. NAV is lunged forward a little and turns around; it barely bruised him, yet this was the first proper injury (even if it was a superficial injury) that NAV had suffered in a thousand years. NAV turns around, his muscles rippling and an orange aura surrounding his body. The police officer wears the expression of someone who had fucked up very badly, as if just realized he had shouted the name of another woman while he was making love to his wife.
The two other officers standing around Hawk hear the sounds of their fellow policemen fighting in the alleyway. "Shit, they went in without us!" One of them asks Hawk, "Do we go in there or what?"

Immaterial sits up as the paramedics attend to him. He watches as two police officers run into the alleyway and promptly have their asses handed to them. NAV was getting to big for him to stop, so Immaterial decided that he had enough of this damn tournament. "Doctors, just get me home." NAV goes into the ambulance and is ridden out of Denmark.
Immaterial has resigned from the tournament. He returned to New York City where he makes a living as a semi-prominent voice actor.

On a hill overlooking Denmark stands a silent samurai who watches down among the chaos below. He's loaded with weapons and armor, though instead of a normal samurai helmet his head is covered with a weird helmet-shaped device full of pulsating electric nodes and wires. Without saying a word, he pulls his Katana out of the snow covered ground and descends upon the city.
Greatness942 has joined in search of worthy adversaries!

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nunzillor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukranian Ranger (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 31, 2016, 03:52:26 pm »

"Calm yourselves, officers! We shall draw that Wiki-Warrior out. Fire once you see him."

What I said. Apologize to that attorney later.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 31, 2016, 04:00:36 pm »

Why? That's a question that shouldn't need to be answered I'm just doing what any good chap would do.
Walk out feeling proud at my heroism and accomplishments try to get a sweet haircut.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 04:02:46 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nunzillor

« Reply #505 on: January 31, 2016, 04:00:59 pm »

"Thank you, truck driver-san.  I'm going to Manitowoc."

Accept his offer.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 04:24:32 pm by Nunzillor »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 31, 2016, 04:19:45 pm »

"No thanks, truck driver-san.  Unless... arashi no jōshō?"

Give him the rebellion code sign.  See if he responds with the countersign.

The specific rebellion your character is referring to comes from 17th century Japan, so unless you can find anyone who's lived for 300 years or so, it probably doesn't have any remaining members. :P
Either your character has to start a rebellion up from scratch or get involved with a rebel group with a different ideology, perhaps getting them to sympathize or switch to your goal.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Nunzillor

« Reply #507 on: January 31, 2016, 04:25:01 pm »

Alright, worth a shot.  I've edited the post to accept his offer instead.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 31, 2016, 04:35:39 pm »

A samurai, huh? Epic.

Look for a looter, an officer, or a civilian, and read their mind to see if they know the location of a Wiki-Warrior. A samurai may fight alone, but the locals are always useful to the cause.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 04:39:43 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 31, 2016, 05:08:48 pm »

Accept the deal. Make my way to a nearby hospital/clinic, or any other building of such description to get myself treated.Reload the M&P Pistol along the way if I can.

Hmm. The Luger got reloaded but not the M&P Pistol? I'm guessing one can only reload so many guns per turn, even outside of combat.  I was mostly selling the Luger because I thought I couldn't reload it. After all, I didn't start with it. But I still need the money, it holds less bullets, and I don't feel confident about my ability to dual wield.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 97