Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 159835 times)

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 41 - Empire State of Mind
« Reply #930 on: April 04, 2016, 07:31:51 pm »

Waitlist me, I guess.
I was not noticed.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 44 - The Sunset Invasion Pt. 3
« Reply #931 on: April 04, 2016, 07:41:11 pm »

Well, the Aztecs are interfering with the War. They must be punished.

Join the fight. Try to rally townspeople to fight the force invading their homeland.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 41 - Empire State of Mind
« Reply #932 on: April 04, 2016, 08:16:34 pm »

Waitlist me, I guess.
I was not noticed.

I apologize. I thought I informed you. I did put you on the waitlist though.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 04, 2016, 11:40:34 pm »

Thank the man for returning my horse, but ask if they're really sure they don't still need it—weren't some vehicles damaged?

Offer my aid in combat, I guess, though the bizarre Wiki-Warrior laws mean it might do more harm than good.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: April 05, 2016, 12:13:20 am »

Y'know, I'm really enjoying how I've started to galvanize all of you into fighting this swarm of warriors that has no signs of ending any time soon, I've become an unofficial boss character.
TCM, could fighting this Aztec swarm be a quest? Pleeeeeeease?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: April 05, 2016, 12:15:15 am »

Since you told the Aztecs to follow whomever kills you, wouldn't objective of the quest just be to kill you?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: April 05, 2016, 12:22:02 am »

Well, yeah.
Just to make sure everyone knows what they'll get once they kill me.
Alan help.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: April 05, 2016, 12:29:01 am »

Well, yeah.
Just to make sure everyone knows what they'll get once they kill me.

Isn't being worth a point already enough? :P
You've kind of aggro'd everyone in the entire city to your location anyways.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 45 - The Turning Point?
« Reply #938 on: April 05, 2016, 11:56:03 pm »

Round 45: The Turning Point?
Weather Conditions: Snow (12.5 inches)
Time: Early Afternoon

Abstract accepts the offer for the tiny apartment and pays the initial fee upfront, (-$300) and begins to move Autumn's stuff into the apartment. Since it is such a small space, after placing everything down, the apartment becomes rather difficult to try and move around through, and requires stepping over furniture or sliding between tight spaces.

Hawk continues shooting at the Aztec forces, (4 vs. 8 ) and manages to fire a quick burst before he is repelled and forced to hunker down behind cover as a steady stream of arrows and spears are launched at his position, too many for him to try and retaliate without risking injury. With the machine gun fire temporarily ceased, a group of the bravest Aztec spearmen charge at Hawk's position, (1 vs. 8 ) but as they close in, Hawk blindly sprays at them and his efforts pay off as another handful of them fall to his gun, the rest of them running back once more.

Twinwolf, pops his head out of the dumpster he has taken cover behind for the last several turns and sees that for a moment, the coast is cleared. He coasts around the sight of the battle and looks for townspeople to recruit to his cause, despite the place being deserted. He does come across a group of guys hanging around in skii masks and gloves, surely they must be upstanding Denmark citizens! (Recruitment: 9+2) Twinwolf improvises a tirade on the invasion of the Aztec tribe and how they threaten the stability and future of the American nation, and that if these townspeople continue to loiter, they will have no home to go back to. Impassioned by this, the men join Twinwolf, and additionally are armed with small arms and knives as a bonus. (+4 Patriots)

Person has not achieved a satisfactory level of healing yet and turns to scouring the abandoned campsite for more medical supplies. (1) He opens up one medical tent in the search of supplies, and it turns out to be storing a good quantity of food, which is currently being raided by a pack of feral dogs. The dogs, seeing Person as a threat to their newfound food supplies, immediately leap upon him. (5 vs. 3-1) Person backs away, screaming out of fear as he is swarmed, kicking the dogs away in an attempt to repel them, although one of them takes a chunk of flesh out of his lower left leg.

Elephant thanks the police officer for returning his horse, who's injuries have since been patched up. (+Thoroughbred Racehorse) He asks the police officer if they still need the horse since some of the vehicles have been damaged, "We've put in a call for additional vehicles to come and back us up, so we'll be okay." When the Wiki-warrior offers to help the police fight the rogue militia, he is denied, "Too risky, and getting you caught up in our business is bad news, what if some of those 'friends' from your TV show come and try and get you while you're around officers or civilians? I hope you understand. Right now you might want to see whatever the hell is going on with that purple thing, or you might want to book it before the situation gets out of hand..."

High tyrol, currently grounded, looks up into the sky with a vengeance as the flying Execute, responsible for crash, flies away without a scratch on him. Pointing her cowboy revolver up at him, Execute tries to shoot him out of the sky as if she were going duck hunting. (3-3[Distant Target] vs. 6) High tyrol fires the entire clip at Execute and misses every single shot, and watches him soar peacefully towards the horizon.

Greatness refuses to be stopped by an arrow to the shoulder and grabs it, attempting to just pull it out completely. With Hawk providing covering fire, Greatness yanks the arrow shaft, (3) and breaks the arrow off at the halfway point. With it still lodged in him, his body is prevented from regenerating the wound. (10) As for cover, he finds an armored truck in the middle of the road! It is open and all of its valuables have been stolen, and it is in no condition to be driven, but it could also serve as a stationary fortress (+2 Defense while inside the Armored Truck).

Execute has downed the great plane menace of High Tyrol and now flies back to meet his army, reloading his conquistador's pistol on the way for efficiency. He lands at the back end of the lot, closer to the portal, while the main fighting goes on a few hundred meters away. He shares his tales of success which rallies some of the fresher soldiers around him. (8 ) They cheer on their patron diety, and then ask him to use his godly powers of strategy to help them overcome their new foes, in the same way that Execute lead them to victory over the Spanish. The Aztecs closest to Execute have boosted morale. (+1  Combat)

NAV enters the fray, supporting the modern wiki-warriors by slowing his car down and setting it to cruise control, allowing him time to lean out the window with his rifle and perform a drive-by. (3 vs. 2) He sprays into the mass of Aztecs, giving one of them with a moderate wound to the leg before being forced back into the driver's seat to take control of the automated car. (Driving: 5+2) NAV swerves around a pile of rubble that the car was heading towards, and continues flying down the road, in a good position to perform either another attack or head on to somewhere else.

The Aztecs, now reunited with their beloved god, press on in their glorious holy battle; the original half who arrived through the portal initially, sustained substantial losses by the combined efforts of Hawk and Greatness, but have been upgraded from a panicking shake to a shaken state. The other, newer Aztecs who did not see the slaughter are much more optimistic and are now being boosted by the presence of Amihiyotzinuatmotlapal.
NAV performs an unimpressive drive-by which leaves the Aztecs more confused than intimidated.
Aztec Battalion 1 attempts a second charge on Hawk and Greatness's positions. (6-1 vs. 7) Half of them run for Hawk, who is already laying down his sights before they reach him, (7 vs. 1-1) and the result is decimating; six shots and exactly six more dead Aztecs. Seeing this, the rest of this squad flees back towards the portal to regroup. The other half, who were originally going to run past Hawk while he was occupied, witnesses this display of sheer superiority and they also route.
Aztec Battalion 2, aka the "fresh" Battalion, do not make a hasty charge, but instead fire off a barrage of arrows from a good distance. (4+1 vs. 1) (9+1 vs. 3+2) This single barrage may be enough to swing the tide of battle with its consequences; first of, one of the arrows hits Hawk in the kidney, which is not a fatal wound but is pretty damn painful and results in some bleeding. Greatness may have felt safe in his armored truck, but just as he is closing the metal doors to the vehicle, a single arrow penetrates his torso armor (which does slow it down to an extent)  resulting in a nasty stomach wound. His regeneration skills turn this from a major wound to only a moderate one, but Greatness now has a double case of bad injuries.
5 more Aztecs spawn from the portal.

The Sunset Invasion:
Leaders: Execute, Yuri
Active: 53(+5)
Casualties: 58

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TinFoilTopHat (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 12:39:57 am by TCM »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: April 06, 2016, 12:03:53 am »

let my imagination wander. Iow stare off into space daydreaming.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 12:22:15 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: April 06, 2016, 12:06:47 am »

Begin organization of furniture basically try to reorganize everything so we have the maximum amount of living space without loosing anything.

You already have tried this, and its as good as you are going to get it without throwing some stuff awawy.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: April 06, 2016, 12:20:30 am »

((How big is the room exactly?))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: April 06, 2016, 12:34:51 am »

"...You know, I've fought worse. Killed worse. You Aztecs...don't know who you're fighting, do you?"

Dig the arrowhead out of my shoulder and the entire arrow out of my stomach. Then, try my best to aim and fire at the battalion attacking me and Hawk. Finally, try to find spare parts and wires for...an idea.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: April 06, 2016, 12:56:52 am »

TCM, how much more ammo (In terms of ammo clips) do these guys have?
Alan help.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 97