Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 159616 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 11 - The Lynchin' of Fr0stByt3
« Reply #345 on: November 11, 2015, 02:08:39 pm »

can you put me back on the waitlist please?
I shall.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 11, 2015, 03:09:55 pm »

Carefully aim a few shots at the one with the rifle. Try to wound at least one of their arms, but hits to the body are fine too.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

pikorge

• Bay Watcher
  • bird on the dancefloor
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 11, 2015, 03:47:54 pm »

Re: You are the evo ape.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 11, 2015, 04:38:20 pm »

Le'see here, start checking through the paintings, any ones that have some sort of weapon in the background or foreground? Medical supplies, perhaps some protective clothing? I'll settle for a portal into some kind of military bunker, too, anything that seems imminently useful.
((This can be a free action, right?))
Yes, sine you already rolled for the room on the previous turn.

"You'll pay for what you've probably done to the Kaurava people!"

Switch to my trusty golf club and try to use mace techniques or at least ancient combat techniques to kill Andres.
According to some reading for the sake of specificity, a mace is a type of club that is thin, leading up to a heavy handle, so the Golf Club can be used as an improvised mace. Since you are going to have to cover ground to get to Andres, (since you are transitioning from a ranged to a melee fight) an Agility roll from both of you will determine who gets to attack first on your turn.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 11, 2015, 05:33:02 pm »

(Have all my items been confiscated?)

Explain to my cell-mate that my imprisonment is all just a big misunderstanding and give him my sob story about my sick niece.  Ask him about his story and try to bond with him.  If we become pals, ask him if he knows a way for both of us to escape.  If he does, use his method to escape if possible.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 05:40:33 pm by Megggas »
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 11, 2015, 05:33:05 pm »

"Let the coward run! We'll find another Wiki-Warrior!"

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 11, 2015, 10:09:01 pm »

An Addendum To Player Sheets:
All spoiler'd player sheets are free to be viewed by other players and are considered "public". While this will inevitable influence player decisions, explicit meta-gaming is not permitted, (ex. a character knowing the exact location of another character without any means of getting that information)

Thank you, as a player I appreciate it. However it begs the question, did I cheat by knowing stuff about dumbo? Can I just keep playing the card that I looked up profiles before arriving?

Edit: I'll assume I can until told otherwise. If I may reword what you said, I believe the rule could also be stated:

You can know anything you can reasonably and realistically roleplay knowing, at GM's discretion.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 10:14:23 pm by GameBoyBlue »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 12, 2015, 02:08:15 am »

I'm going to delay the next turn until tomorrow night just to give some players a chance to post that may have not realized this game had been updated.

(Have all my items been confiscated?)
They have, but they are still under your ownership. The Molotov was a weapon however, and will be used as evidence, so you will not get that back.

An Addendum To Player Sheets:
All spoiler'd player sheets are free to be viewed by other players and are considered "public". While this will inevitable influence player decisions, explicit meta-gaming is not permitted, (ex. a character knowing the exact location of another character without any means of getting that information)

Thank you, as a player I appreciate it. However it begs the question, did I cheat by knowing stuff about dumbo? Can I just keep playing the card that I looked up profiles before arriving?

Edit: I'll assume I can until told otherwise. If I may reword what you said, I believe the rule could also be stated:

You can know anything you can reasonably and realistically roleplay knowing, at GM's discretion.
You never cheated. I would say something like that, but I know that each player roleplays to a different extent, from very casually to a very immersive level. It can be assumed that all the players know in-universe about the abilities of the other characters, feel free to RP that reason however you want, (i.e. they're informed about all the combatants beforehand, they have some microchip implanted implanted in their head as part of the tournament that keeps them updated on this stuff, etc.)

Nanobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 12, 2015, 12:25:19 pm »

>Leave the bank behind and attempt to make it back to my Henou automobile.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 12, 2015, 01:29:47 pm »

I like that microchip idea!

Perhaps a game like this can't ever iron things down, but I imagine some agreed upon canon before hand could be used as a sort of "roleplaying" tiebreaker.

Edit: Or even if you still leave it in player's hands to do so in a unique way, it may be good to state the slight recommendation/obligation to come up with a way to know player info, and maybe give some examples.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 02:10:31 pm by GameBoyBlue »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 12, 2015, 08:08:28 pm »

I'm gonna have to drop out. I don't have enough time for forums these days.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 12, 2015, 09:21:40 pm »

I'm gonna have to drop out. I don't have enough time for forums these days.

No problemo, I've been there before. Good luck for the future.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 12, 2015, 09:53:39 pm »

I will check for a jar to put the d-fly in. Checking to see if anything unusual about it has developed(we are sure it came out of the painting?).

Dumbo, how do you feel about me killing this thing? For all we know it could cause your reality to collapse. But, that not being the case, it may give new insight. Feeling lucky?

Edit:
You never cheated. I would say something like that, but I know that each player roleplays to a different extent, from very casually to a very immersive level. It can be assumed that all the players know in-universe about the abilities of the other characters, feel free to RP that reason however you want, (i.e. they're informed about all the combatants beforehand, they have some microchip implanted implanted in their head as part of the tournament that keeps them updated on this stuff, etc.)

This reminds me of the tribute death cannons and projections in the hunger games. Microchips could be your own spin on it. Why I think its important, is because putting it down exactly how something like that works helps focus the experience and enable players to focus more on the game of fighting surviving, rather than making up that stuff each turn(which no doubt some people will do creatively, but a default privided by OP could be nice).
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 10:05:07 pm by GameBoyBlue »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 13, 2015, 12:19:19 am »

((Hey, do what you want, I can just put myself back on the waitlist nigh instantly, and I have a pretty good chance of switching to an entirely different reality in the next couple turns anyway.))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 13, 2015, 02:30:23 am »

...if I learn nothing new, absolutely nothing about the realities ability from the dragonfly, kill it.(minimal damage to specimen).
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 97