Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 159702 times)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 57 - Fighting Halted for Pizza Time
« Reply #1155 on: May 24, 2016, 07:04:33 pm »

Continue to hide.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 57 - Fighting Halted for Pizza Time
« Reply #1156 on: May 28, 2016, 03:23:38 pm »

Round 58: Let the Pizza Hit the Floor
Weather Conditions: Sunny (4.2 Inches of Snow)
Time: Later Afternoon

High tyrol sits in her pickup truck and begins writing a new story about Spanish Conquistadors conquering the moon and fighting off moon aliens. [Poetry: 8+2] In her own opinion, "Conquistadors on the Moon" is a masterpiece, telling the story from the perspective of a young Conquistador captain in Future Spain who is tasked with colonizing the moon, only to find it populated by space aliens, thus setting off a war of action, drama, romance and tragedy. Afterwards, she drives into Green Bay to look for a place to clean her hat. She stops by at a laundromat to do so, tossing it in an empty machine and putting it through a rinse and dry cycle. [-$1] She places her cowboy hat on her head, good as new, and as she walks back to the parking lot to get back into her truck, she spots a police officer being attacked by a group of thugs.
Green Bay Art Festival starts next turn.

Twinwolf thinks for a moment. "...I don't really have a choice." The Aztec warrior nods, "We hope this will be a honest and mutually beneficial relationship." He points the tip of his spear towards the portal, "We need you to go over there where will meet with his Holiness Amihiyotzinuatmotlapal. Be warned, if you run or betray us in some way, we will not hesitate to kill you." They warily stand behind Twin, waiting for him to either follow their command or do something else.

While riding to Manitowoc on his horse, Dolosus looks around for some sort of transportation, like a pickup truck, that would both carry his horse while increasing his speed at the same time. [Car Scouting: 1] Dolosus spots the perfect, heavy weight pickup sitting on the side of the road, with no one in sight. Fixated on his target vehicle, Dolosus is oblivious to the driver of an SUV crossing an intersection at the same time he is, the driver themselves absorbed in a text. [Horseback Riding: 2+2-2(Distracted)] Dolosus is only aware of the fast car in his peripheral vision in the last half-second before the collision, [3] when he is thrown from his horse at high speeds, flying through the air and landing on the ground dozens of feet away. Dolosus stares up into the sky, dazed for a few minutes, and when he resumes full consciousness he finds himself in great pain. He tries uses his hands to help himself up, but his left arm painfully buckles when he attempts to use it, it is definitely broken. When he actually does get up he shambles over to his horse which is laying on the ground, pitifully whinnying and failing to attempt to stand, it had clearly broken multiple legs. All of the items for the Quest, from the pizzas to the sodas, are splattered on the ground and on the horse, a messy set of decorations. The Samurai looks into the front of the SUV, where the front has been damaged, the front window is crack and its single male occupant is unconscious in the driver's seat.

Execute looks up in the sky at the aircraft circling overhead and then back at Yuri. "... Yes, go back inside the portal, I'll handle it, you too, Yuri." Yuri nods solemnly, "Yes sir, come on men!" He motions to the Aztecs who begin their march back into the portal. Yuri begins to walk towards himself when Execute grabs him by the shoulder, "Yuri, if I'm killed up there, I need you to lead these people, they've... Grown on me, for lack of a better word, and here they likely won't be able to survive without help." Yuri looks at Execute silently for a moment and then nods without saying a word, before stepping into the next world; the Aztecs bid their leader a temporary farewell as they renter the mansion. It's a poignant moment for everyone, especially for Execute who knows that if he dies, there is a good chance the portal will seal up permanently. Once Yuri and all the Aztecs in the area step through the portal, Execute drops his Conquistador's Pistol and his WWI Rifle, then flies to the top of the building where Yuri had set up his sniper's nest, since it is the tallest building in the area.
Execute takes the Type 69 RPG off his back and motions to the Tu-91 to land. Maybe The Ensorceler didn't see Execute making this motion or maybe he misinterpreted it as a threatening gesture, or he could have just wanted a fight. Regardless of the reason, the pilot responds to Execute's request by spraying at him with a burst of machine gun fire. The bullets are not close enough to harm Execute but he knows this means a fight and flies straight upward, reaching an altitude where the tailgun would most likely not be able to hit him. He aims a rocket for the Tu-91, looking down its sights; while the Type 69 was a perfect weapon for taking out a tank or cluster of infantry, it not developed as an anti-aircraft weapon. [3-2(Wrong Weapon Type) vs. 1+1] Despite having the wrong kind of weapon to take out a plane, Execute gets pretty close, close enough that The Ensorceler watches the rocket fly just a couple feet above his right wing before it sails off into the distance, its smoke trail visible from behind. The Ensorceler fights back by shooting off the tailgun again, but Execute has taken the preemptive measure of getting out of its range, and the bullets only find thin air.

Fallacy, desperate to stay with Execute, breaks away from her Aztec companions as they go into the portal and runs to the building, but unable to fly herself she is stranded at the bottom. As she helplessly watches Execute square off against a hostile aircraft, she feels a rumbling coming from down the road. Turning her attention to this new source of energy, Fallacy switches her attention and spots the War Elephant coming towards her, and instinctively props up her rifle. However, she sees that War Elephant has a much calmer demeanor now and a new rider, not MidnightJaguar but an unidentified female wearing a minimal amount of clothing and a skull mask. She raises a staff headed by a humanoid skull and waves it at Fallacy in a non-hostile manner, "Hello stranger! I wandered into this land through a portal and have tamed this large beast. Tell me, where am I?"

Wipeout ducks behind a pile of rubble and just watches the events around her unfold. She sees the Aztecs all marching back into a portal and only two people remain behind, a woman and a flying man. The flying man gets on top of a building and fires a rocket at an airplane, which shoots back at him. The woman stays on the ground, and is then approached by another woman riding an elephant. This was a very strange place.

Ukrainian Ranger stands in front of the portal to the Dragon Age universe located in the vault of the bank, eagerly awaiting its first arrival but at the same time the snail-person holds their rifle at the ready in case it spawns something hostile. After a few minutes, the portal begins to glow and Ukrainian takes a ready battle stance, prepared to unload a full burst into whatever steps out. The first spawn takes the form of a man in armor with a large greatsword upon his back, he looks like someone who knows how to fight. He takes a glance at Ukrainian, "Who the hell are you and what do you want?"

The Ensorceler knows that if his enemy's RPG had been aimed slightly lowered, he could have lost a wing or much worse. He makes his plan to get out of this area as quickly as possible to avoid further attacks. When he realizes that Execute has ascended to a point where his tail gun can not reach him, so The Ensorceler pulls upwards as well to match Execute's altitude so that he is in firing range. [9 vs. 7] A single bullet tears through Execute in his favorite place to get wounded, the ankle, specifically the left one. The Tu-91 continues flying until it is outside of Denmark's limits and out of Execute's range, going at a speed he could not pursue; even if Execute could keep up with an old WWI biplane, the Tu-91 was exponentially faster.

No Aztecs spawn due to Execute's order, and will not spawn until this order is changed.

The Sunset Invasion:
Leaders: Execute, Yuri
Active: 252
16 Eagle Soldiers [+1 Aztec Warfare, Macuahuitl Obsidian Swords, Slings]
Casualties: 116

Active Portals and Current Spawns:
Aztec - Aztec Warriors.
Pathfinder Portal - Shaman [Skull Mask, Skull Staff].
Dragon Age - Hayder [Armor, "Hayder's Razor" Greatsword].

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukrainian Ranger (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wipeout1024 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Ensorceler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 58 - Let the Pizza Hit the Floor
« Reply #1157 on: May 28, 2016, 04:13:37 pm »

"I am a mage and warrior from another world and need some help to deal with my enemies. You will be rewarded when we will finish them"

Try to recruit the guy by promising reward
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: May 28, 2016, 04:23:41 pm »

((It would appear that my chain of lucky rolls has finally been broken. *Insert Darth Vader NOO scream here*))

Grit my teeth in an attempt to deal with the pain and drag myself over to the crashed car and attempt to get the driver's cell phone. If I can get a hold of it, call 911 to get a hold of an ambulance. Say something along the lines of "Please help, I've been hit by a car. The driver is unconscious and I think I've broken my arm and a couple of ribs."

If I can't get to the phone for whatever reason, start shouting for help in the hopes that someone notices me.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 04:25:55 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: May 28, 2016, 09:39:02 pm »

"AGAIN WITH THE FUKKIN ANKLE.
THAT BITCH."
*Siiigh*
I hate doing this, but get back inside the portal and try to patch up that ankle, then look at the paintings in the art room, find anything with cannons or rockets, anything explosive and packing enough range to hit an aircraft, don't let any Aztecs outside, but keep a heavy guard just inside, allow any fortifications needed to be built, if a good painting meeting the specifications are seen, I'll open it, otherwise, look for anything that might be in a scenario that could fir the bill.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: May 28, 2016, 09:56:03 pm »

Flee towards the relative safety of Manitowoc, where there aren't flying people with rocket launchers. Along the way, land to check out the curious wreck between a pizza-laden horse and an SUV. Find Dolosus among the mess.

"Hello, there. I see you are in need of some assistance. INow, I can either save your life, or I can empty this machine gun into you." *menacing gun motions* "I assume you would prefer the former, but I would require something in return. I need soldiers if I'm going to win this thing. I am, at present, broke, but sometime in the future I should be able to provide you with equipment, and at that time I will call upon you to fight for me. Deal?"

((Is this a valid strategy, TCM, or are you going to veto my plan? To slightly mitigate the awesome power of munchkinery, transferral of points could only be possible during executions, with a formal declaration of intent. Or I could just shoot Dolosus.))

((Execute: That bullet was almost an inch across. If your foot doesn't fall off on it's own, you'll need an amputation or a Regeneration spell from one of the other portals. An honest good luck with that. You are also probably going to go into shock if you put any weight on that foot, so get someone to carry you through the portal.))
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 12:56:00 pm by The Ensorceler »

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: May 28, 2016, 11:57:11 pm »

Flee the scene.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: May 29, 2016, 02:18:22 am »

((Is this a valid strategy, TCM, or are you going to veto my plan? To slightly mitigate the awesome power of munchkinery, transferral of points could only be possible during executions, with a formal declaration of intent. Or I could just shoot Dolosus.))

((Execute: That bullet was almost an inch across. If your foot doesn't fall off on it's own, you'll need an amputation or a Regeneration spell from one of the other portals. An honest good luck with that. You are also probably going to go into shock if you put any weight on that foot, so get someone to carry you through the portal.))

Due to the final goal of the game, Point Exchange is not an incorporated system and every point that a character gains is attached to them and to them only until they are killed and a portion of their points are absorbed. This is also due to the fact that while teams and alliances have sprung up, they were never an official part of the game to begin with, if not a single alliance was formed during the entire course of the game it would not be a problem; alliances evolved out of a natural strategy by players and not by any of my own doing.

As for the bullet wound, it is sizable and potentially problematic but it did not obliterate the ankle or I would have gone into a bit more specification. So while the bullet did hit Execute's ankle, it was more like a grazing hit, and a grazing hit from a machine gun turret is still a serious (but not necessarily permanent) injury.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: May 29, 2016, 03:14:24 am »

@The Ensorceler, yeah, I trust TCM with anything like that, I checked it out and it said serious bleeding, so while it's bad, it's not gone, at the very least.
I am gonna have to ask what is up with attacking me, then trying to form a seperate alliance afterwards, though.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: May 29, 2016, 12:43:56 pm »

((Honestly? I was pretty sure I had the best weapon in the game, and team Aztec had the most players in one place. In game, you fought me off fair and square. I'm kind of looking forwards to a second round, though, so I didn't want you to die.))

((TCM: Okay, fair enough. I'll edit my action.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: May 29, 2016, 12:49:53 pm »

((Honestly? I was pretty sure I had the best weapon in the game, and team Aztec had the most players in one place. In game, you fought me off fair and square. I'm kind of looking forwards to a second round, though, so I didn't want you to die.))

((TCM: Okay, fair enough. I'll edit my action.))

The lack of grievous permanent damage to Execute was due to his high defensive roll. Had he rolled less than a seven, you could have definitely permanently crippled him, and if he had been anywhere in the 1-3 range he'd most likely be killed instantly. It was also because you used your machine gun as opposed to your cannons, which could easily cripple if not obliterate an entire limb.

Also, while you can't claim someone's actual points, there's no rule saying you can't demand something from them when they get a new article. Obviously you can't just take a Skill or Ability when someone gains them, but if they got a new article that gave them a cool piece of equipment or weapon, you can say they must hand it over due to a previous agreement. Like I said before, how alliances/relationships are conducted between players is 100% up to them.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: May 29, 2016, 12:52:02 pm »

Follow the command. I'm not suicidal after all.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: May 29, 2016, 03:28:12 pm »

"Heh. You are in the great nation of Denmark! Care to tell me where you come from?"

Fallacy chats with shaman lady, also giving some attention to Execute's battle.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: May 29, 2016, 04:05:32 pm »

Flee towards the relative safety of Manitowoc, where there aren't flying people with rocket launchers. Along the way, land to check out the curious wreck between a pizza-laden horse and an SUV. Find Dolosus among the mess.

"Hello, there. I see you are in need of some assistance. INow, I can either save your life, or I can empty this machine gun into you." *menacing gun motions* "I assume you would prefer the former, but I would require something in return. I need soldiers if I'm going to win this thing. I am, at present, broke, but sometime in the future I should be able to provide you with equipment, and at that time I will call upon you to fight for me. Deal?"

Look up at the Ensorceler. "By you saying soldiers, I have to assume that you want to fight those goddamn Aztecs. "*wheezing laughter* "Fuck, the only way you'd be able to get rid of 'em would be if you dropped a nuclear bomb on all of them. But I'll fight for you. I have a couple of bastards I'd like to take to the grave with me."

Gesture towards the camera "Grab that camera and I'll come with you. Just get me to a hospital and I'll do anything you want."
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: May 30, 2016, 10:33:00 am »

shoot one of the thugs then head to the art festival
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 07:33:05 pm by High tyrol »
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 97