Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Continue game as it is? Or reboot and start from turn 1?

X
- 0 (0%)
Y
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 11, 2015, 03:00:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 97

Author Topic: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 73 - A Coruna Showdown  (Read 159724 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 56 - Black Thunder: Double Denmark Destruction
« Reply #1140 on: May 19, 2016, 08:51:43 pm »

Try to bandage the largest wound(s) so I don't bleed out so quickly, then leave the blast zone and find somewhere where more time can be taken to treat the injuries or seek medical aid.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: May 19, 2016, 09:15:01 pm »

Is there any sort of trolley or cart or multi-pizza-box-carrier I could use?

I'll have you do a scavenging roll for a transportation tool next turn.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: May 20, 2016, 01:54:18 am »

((I have an amazing tendancy to get non-lethally injured, how many bandages and stitches must I have?))
Alright, you sad sack of fake-godlihood, time to get up, it's just a lightning bolt, you'll get over it, call over some Aztecs to help you out, then get them over to Midnight's body to take his stuff, that RPG could be useful, and get over to the portal, wave over Fallacy and Yuri to follow you, time to regroup, if you see Twinwolf, offer him the chance to join your team, otherwise, get the Aztecs and Yuri to attack him, avoid the elephant if possible, if not, forget the portal and go back into the grocery store.
((Are there any other Wiki-warriors I need to worry about distance-wise?))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: May 20, 2016, 09:30:27 am »

((At the moment, no other Wiki Warriors besides Twin are in range.
And which portal are you going to? The Aztec Portal or the Pathfinder portal?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: May 21, 2016, 06:52:41 pm »

((Aztec, I need to regroup. Oh bloody hell, I forgot to say what I came here for, quick warning, when I go silent (again), that's not because I'm bored or what-have-you, it's that the Internet at my house (and by extension, most houses around the area) has gone down, something about Telstra having a blackout and NBN being installed.))
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 06:58:02 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
Alan help.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: May 21, 2016, 07:14:27 pm »

((Aztec, I need to regroup. Oh bloody hell, I forgot to say what I came here for, quick warning, when I go silent (again), that's not because I'm bored or what-have-you, it's that the Internet at my house (and by extension, most houses around the area) has gone down, something about Telstra having a blackout and NBN being installed.))

I'll keep note of that. If, unfortunately, you do lose a turn I will auto you with the main objective as preserving your own life and the life of your soldiers and allies.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: May 22, 2016, 06:42:40 pm »

Go to the center of town.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia-Wars: Round 57 - Fighting Halted for Pizza Time
« Reply #1147 on: May 23, 2016, 11:08:42 pm »

Round 57: Fighting Halted for Pizza Time
Weather Conditions: Sunny (5.2 Inches of Snow)
Time: Later Afternoon

Finished with her recuperation, Fallacy stands up with her loaded rifle in hand. "Maybe, just maybe we should see if our great and glorious combat leader needs our help?." Fallacy's attachment readily agrees that is time to help out Execute. They all leave the grocery store and head down the road to find Execute on the ground, writhing a bit with a large horizontal scar on his chest, still sizzling.
Two Aztecs rush over to help him out onto his feet but halfway into lifting up their leader Execute gently but firmly pushes them away, insisting that he is fine and can carry himself. He looks back to see what the war elephant is doing, but with the lack of thunderstorms and without a rider, it seems docile or at least apathetic to what's going on without any provocitation. Execute commands the two Aztecs to strip Midnight's body of any valuables and when they do so they find yet another WWI Rifle as well as a Chinese Rocket Launcher. This is when everyone notices that Twinwolf, wounded and unsteady is still up and moving; everyone is prepared to fight, especially Fallacy who is eager to blast away Twin's head, when Execute orders them to stand down. Execute shouts down the street at him, offering a chance to team up, and Twinwolf neither accepts nor rejects this offer and just lets out a loud, pained groan. Seeing as he isn't hostile in any way at the moment, Execute orders a small band of Aztecs to follow Twinwolf and perform aid on him so that he can give a comprehensible answer, and if he is hostile or outright refuses, they are to kill him immediately. He gives them what little medicine he has left and sends them off while he, Yuri, Fallacy and the rest of the troops walk back towards the portal at the center of Denmark. They all stand before the portal, still swirling with purple energy, able to see inside to the mansion in the next dimension where more Aztecs troops are organizing themselves.

NAV looks at his severely burned left hand and groans, "Arrrrgh I have to eat someone." After declaring a sentence that relies heavily on context, NAV looks outside and sees the buildings around him burning down, but simply shrugs and goes about looking for some sort of transportation. [Scavenging: 4+2-2(Burning Pain)] Trying to ignore the awful sensation in his left hand, NAV finds no delivery cars and instead a single delivery bicycle that would certainly boost his speed but would be even harder to carry everything on top of. Sighing, NAV packs up all of the supplies necessary for the Quest together, and attempts to carry it all with his hands. [Dexterity: 3-2(Overburdened)- 2(Burning Pain)] As soon as NAV steps out of the door attempting to somehow carry 5 large pizzas, 4 boxes of chicken wings and 8 soda bottles, he stumbles and falls to the ground. [Agility:8] He catches himself, landing on his hands and preventing harm for himself, however all of the food and drink are destroyed with the pizzas falling out of their boxes and splattering on the ground, the wings bursting free and rolling on the sidewalk and the soda bottles either rolling away or exploding. NAV is now covered in pizza sauce, barbecue sauce and soda, but on the bright side his clothes were already filthy.

High Tyrol drives down to the nearest pay day loan store, a rickety little building named Speedy Loans with a neon sign, and requests their lowest loan which is $50. She receives it along with its exorbitant interest rate but she does believe she'll be able to pay it back by then. [Tyrol must pay back $100 in 15 Turns.] After leaving, High Tyrol learns that the Arts Festival is happening tonight and sooner than expected. It's not going to happen immediately, but she has a little time to prepare.
Green Bay Art Festival in 2 Turns.

Wipeout casually walks to the center of Denmark, passing wreckage and bodies on the way there, holding her basketball on her hip with one hand and her ice skates tied around her other. When she makes it toward the center of the town, signified by a giant purple glowing portal, she spots a lot of people gathered around it, many of whom look like ancient Meso-American warriors but notably some are holding guns and other modern weapons and look European and Asian. Since they might be trouble, Wipeout stands at a distance where she can look at them but also is just out of their range in case they spot her and turn out to be hostile.

"Aye, that'll do." Dolosus sells Person's gun to the owner of the shop and nets himself some extra cash. (-M1911 WWI Pistol, +$230) With these new funds Dolosus gets back on his horse and rides to the nearest food and drink retailer to pick up the supplies necessary for the Quest. [9] Just down the road there is a conveniently placed Quick-N-Shop grocery store, a chain that is the staple of many Americans in the Midwestern part of the country. He buys all of the items required by The Connoisseur, which even at their cheapest is still somewhat pricey in the end, (-$114), but at least this place has it all. He walks into the parking lot loaded with grocery bags and ties them to the back of his racehorse. His horse is able to carry all of it, but it can no longer go at galloping speeds lest the grocery bags do withstand the force, as any strong impact or movement could result in everything becoming undone. [Horse Speed: 7] Trotting at a moderate pace, Dolosus goes to the Southwest in the direction of Manitowoc, ending up going on the edge of the highway. At his current rate, it is still going to take him around 3 more turns to reach the objective.
[I've Retconned the Quest location to Manitowoc because Fond du Lac is really far away and would take a while to get to even by car.]

Twinwolf limps away trying to find a safe, quiet spot where he can fix his wounds beset by a squadron of spear and bow wielding Aztec soldiers. Twin closes his eyes and grimaces, awaiting his end at the hands of these vicious warriors. "Hello, we would like to help you," one of them says in an earnest sounding voice. Twin peeks open one eye and he sees no spears at his throat but instead the Aztec offering handfuls of herbs and other plants. The nationalist leader accepts skeptically and paying close attention that this isn't some sort of trap. [Medical: 5+2(Familiar Medicine)] Twinwolf's leg wound is too complicated to be treated on the spot and would need attention from an experienced doctor, but in the meantime they do manage to patch up Twin's face with some adhesive and leaves to stop the bleeding and buy him more time. "If you come with us, we can treat your wounds and you will join our fight under the God Amihiyotzinuatmotlapal, the winged one. If you refuse, you are an adversary and we must kill you."

The Ensorceler starts off his adventure by boarding one of his planes, the Tu-91, a literal one-of-a-kind aircraft designed by the Soviet Union to counter naval vessels but was never put onto the front lines. This single Tu-91 is the prototype and the only one every produced. Starting up the engine, The Ensorceler speeds down the road and then smoothly lifts off into the sky, looking out the window and taking stock of everything around him. It's beautiful, if you think that a city decimated by constant warfare is beautiful, at least the mountain and the rivers on the horizon is nice. The Ensorceler flies over the heart of Denmark and looks below for any useful information. What he can see are two anomalous portal structures, one blue and one purple, the latter has a crowd of people standing in front of it. The Ensorceler turns on his radio and attempts to establish communications with anyone nearby, but several attempts get him no results. Either they can't talk to him, lack access to a radio system, or simply are refusing to speak with him for some reason.
On the ground, the Aztecs are quick to notice and point to the plane. "Look! It is one of those metal spitting beasts that attacked our ranks before. Oh High Amihiyotzinuatmotlapal, will it attack us too? Perhaps we should retreat back into the Portal!

Ukrainian Ranger stares at their work for a moment, admiring the portal that they have spawned full of all sorts of crazy and wonderful things. They do not go into this new world however, instead they stay in the world of the Wiki-Wars and leave to search for more portals to open up. [Portal Tracking: 8] Ukrainian goes back down the hill where the portal to the Pathfinder Universe resides and walks down the street, guided by their sixth sense to the Central Denmark Bank, and steps inside the abandoned financial facility. The inside is barren and stripped of anything of use, even some of the bullet-proof teller windows are broken and the vault is wide open with not a single penny left. Ukrainian Ranger still enters the vault, not searching for money but what they can see is a tiny pink tear in the center of the vault. They grasp it with their tiny hands and open it, and finds yet another fantasy universe. At first glance, it appears identical to the Pathfinder Portal, with magic and knights and strange creatures. But when Ukrainian looks closer, where Pathfinder had everything from spaceships to jousting tournaments, this universe seems bleaker, darker, with constant war and far more bloodshed. Conversations are dramatic, tense and seem to leave a lasting impact.
Ukrainian Ranger has opened up a portal to the Dragon Age Universe!
Ukrainian feels like the presence of fresh portals has decreased but it still senses one final portal somewhere in Denmark. If they manage to find that one, they'll have to look beyond this town for more wormholes and dimensional tears.

42 Aztecs step through the Aztec Portal. They are surprised to see Execute standing right in front of them, as if he were returning.

A Shaman wearing light clothing, a skull mask and wielding an exotic staff with a skull out suspended at the end steps out of the Pathfinder Portal.

The Sunset Invasion:
Leaders: Execute, Yuri
Active: 210(+42)
16 Eagle Soldiers [+1 Aztec Warfare, Macuahuitl Obsidian Swords, Slings]
Casualties: 116

Active Portals and Current Spawns:
Aztec - Aztec Warriors.
Pathfinder Portal - Shaman.
Dragon Age - None yet.

Spoiler: Execute/Dumbo.exe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Twinwolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ukrainian Ranger (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wipeout1024 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Ensorceler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Quests (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 11:13:10 pm by TCM »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: May 24, 2016, 01:47:28 am »

"... Yes, go back inside the portal, I'll handle it, you too, Yuri."
But before Yuri leaves last, grab his shoulder.
"Yuri, if I'm killed up there, I need you to lead these people, they've... Grown on me, for lack of a better word, and here they likely won't be able to survive without help."
Don't mention the chance of the portals closing if you die, no wasting all those lost lives now.
Drop the rifle and the one-shot pistol, then fly up to the tallest building still in sight of the plane,, if the RPG is too heavy, drop it, either way, try not to use it unless hostile action is taken against you, gesture to an area possible for the plane to land at, then fly over there, if he shoots, try and fly up above his effective angle of fire and launch the rocket at his plane.
Alan help.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: May 24, 2016, 04:41:56 am »

Stay near the new portal, try to befriend anything that may come from it but keep FNP90 ready.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: May 24, 2016, 07:59:55 am »

While riding over to the Connoisseur's place, look out for pickup trucks, or any other such car that could carry the racehorse in the back as I drive. If I find one, steal it, put the horse in the back, and start driving to the Connoisseur. If I can't find one, keep riding the horse.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: May 24, 2016, 08:08:52 am »

"Master, would you like me to stay with you?"

If yes, then Fallacy does her best to stay with Execute. If no, Fallacy goes with Yuri.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: May 24, 2016, 04:41:25 pm »

begin work on a short story about Spanish conquistadors conquering/colonizing the moon and fighting aliens. also get my cowboy hat cleaned.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: May 24, 2016, 04:42:44 pm »

"...I don't really have a choice."

Comply.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: May 24, 2016, 04:51:34 pm »

Keep Execute at a distance. Focus on staying away from them, using the tailgun to force them to the ground or the cannons if Execute manages to get in front of me. Otherwise, avoid a direct exchange of fire from the front. If I can't outmaneuver, just run and keep up the tailgun. People aren't very aerodynamic even if they can flap around with heavy weapons.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 97