Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: World of Darkness (test campaign) Scene 1  (Read 6928 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: World of Darkness (test campaign) Scene 1
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2015, 01:41:54 pm »

Alice growled low in her throat.

"I said hands fucking up! What is 'all this'? What the hell are you planning?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2015, 02:01:02 pm »

The woman didn't obey Alice's orders, her hands loose at her sides. She even smiled, slightly-as if in resignation.

"We're seeking Immortality. We must live, to keep the door closed. To make sure It isn't born...we must replenish the home of our spirits. In New Flesh. New life. They would thank us, if they knew what the alternative was. You would as well..."

The woman canted her head to the left, her eyes darkening in a way that had nothing to do with the light.

"Alice Konicek. You would know a monster when you saw one, wouldn't you?"

Alice felt something like an ant on the back of her neck, where she couldn't reach...a subtle itch...almost like hand...inside of her head...touching her memories...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2015, 02:09:42 pm »

She wondered if she should have backed down, forgot about it, got back to the task at hand. These gentlemen would take him somewhere safe... Wouldn't they?

She wanted to trust them, so wanted to trust them, but the headache happened again and she just got this feeling like a psychic vision straight from God or Atlantis. Something was deeply wrong here and she had a feeling that these young men were going to do something to this man.

"For one thing," she said. "You're carrying him like he's a coffin. For the love of gosh, let me do it."
Push the not-men away and take Agris outside. This whole situation is so silly.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2015, 02:39:01 pm »

"I... I just don't feel very well. I'm sure it'll pass."
Calm down. Calm. Down. They won't call you for a while, they're going alphabetically. Think. You have time to think of a way out.

Look around: has anyone else 'woken up', apart from Agris?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 02:41:27 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2015, 05:19:08 pm »

Alice shook her head. "What... how the hell do you know my name?"

Her grip tightened on the bat until it creaked. She backed up a step, then changed tack and stomped forward, raising the bat.
"I know monsters when I see them, and I'm lookin' at one, ain't I?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2015, 11:23:20 am »

She wondered if she should have backed down, forgot about it, got back to the task at hand. These gentlemen would take him somewhere safe... Wouldn't they?

She wanted to trust them, so wanted to trust them, but the headache happened again and she just got this feeling like a psychic vision straight from God or Atlantis. Something was deeply wrong here and she had a feeling that these young men were going to do something to this man.

"For one thing," she said. "You're carrying him like he's a coffin. For the love of gosh, let me do it."
Push the not-men away and take Agris outside. This whole situation is so silly.

One of the men chose to detach himself and 'attend' to Maddy at that point.

"...Voulez-vous vous asseoir gentiment vers le bas, Madame." He said, in a low, rough voice. He seemed to be intent on taking her arm and leading the old woman back to her chair. Which was very reasonable, wasn't it?

((Note servants critical failure in the next turn!))

Action: Agris continues to scream wildly, trying to get free to the best of his ability. It is all that he can do at this point.

Spoiler: Grapple Combat (click to show/hide)

Agris had little hope of escaping at this point-hands like steel cuffs pin his arms to his sides, and he has no way to brace himself.

Maddy had managed to distract one of them momentarily...that was all the saving grace he could hope for.

"I... I just don't feel very well. I'm sure it'll pass."
Calm down. Calm. Down. They won't call you for a while, they're going alphabetically. Think. You have time to think of a way out.

Look around: has anyone else 'woken up', apart from Agris?

Diana looked about the room with a sense of gnawing panic. Everyone seemed listless...mesmerized...there were people staring into walls, a man reading a newspaper upside down, a fellow drinking from an empty glass...Maddy seemed to be at least trying to 'wake up'-but, she apparently still labored under the delusion all this was normal. Even Will seemed to be half asleep, his eyes more on her, than what was happening in the room.

The rest of them looked hardly more aware.

Alice shook her head. "What... how the hell do you know my name?"

Her grip tightened on the bat until it creaked. She backed up a step, then changed tack and stomped forward, raising the bat.
"I know monsters when I see them, and I'm lookin' at one, ain't I?"

"I have my ways." She said mysteriously, with a smirk.

"And...next time you go hunting for monsters, how about look in a mirror? Tell me how much of your grand payday is going to sweet little sibling, and how much is going to Oz?"

She pronounced this 'Oh-Zee'. Alice's dealer, her 'get whatever you need' man-guns, drugs, knives...and stranger things she often needed for the Hunt. But, mostly drugs.

"Be honest. You're as bad as the things you hunt-worse. A beast kills when it's hungry...we kill for the greater good...you don't even a good excuse except for getting high-and trying to buy away your guilt by throwing scraps to your sister. I'd laugh if it weren't so pathetic and sad. Maybe I'll laugh anyway."

Now, how much of this tirade got through is a bit murky. It's entirely possible that Alice could have beat her to death at some point in the middle, but let me tell you what happened anyway. (Player action)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 11:26:26 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2015, 11:33:38 am »

By this point, Agris has run out of breath, so he goes quiet, and instead concentrates.

Action: must escape bonds. Don't struggle... slip. At just the right moment, slip out of the grasp of these not-people.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2015, 01:28:08 pm »

"Be honest. You're as bad a-" Alice's wrath swelled and overflowed, a vessel of hatred surging forth.

A brutal swing of the baseball bat cut her off mid sentence, and the weapon was swung again, and again, battering at the woman until the bat dripped with brain and blood. With each meaty thwack, Alice snarled. "Don't. Talk. Shit. About. My. Sister!"
When the thud became more of a splash, Alice stopped, panting heavily at the exertion, swung her bat again through the air to splash some of the blood off.

"Bitch," she spat, and turned to the computer. She knew a bit about them, how they worked.

She pulled a memory stick out her jacket and plugged it in... this wasn't the first time she'd stolen files. Didn't need to be a hacker to plug in a USB. Anything hse oculd use, and more importantly, that they couldn't, seemed good to do. Maybe she'd look at it later.
She went through the computer quickly and copied anything that seemed interesting before pulling out her memory stick and setting C:// to format.

Then she turned to the now slightly mushy woman and went through her pockets.
Anything valuable, interesting, went into her own, before she left, turning off the lights as she did so. Maybe anyone else would think there was no one down there, so the corpse wouldn't be discovered until later.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2015, 11:21:39 am »

By this point, Agris has run out of breath, so he goes quiet, and instead concentrates.

Action: must escape bonds. Don't struggle... slip. At just the right moment, slip out of the grasp of these not-people.

Spoiler: Grapple 'combat' (click to show/hide)

Agris decided to wait and act on nothing more than the most common of magic-simple luck. He turned inward, patient and calm...and...

He felt a shadow pass over him.. Before, he might have not noticed it. With his eyes open, however...the man could not help but feel he was now utterly doomed. The price of a roll of the dice-sometimes you lose. He had a momentary vision of three women in a dark, dusty house-a cloud of long threads and looms around them, perching like spiders in a great and terrible web. Young, Old and Mature-occasionally they take a pair of sharp, mirror bright scissors, and snip a thread...sometimes they take one thread and tie it to another...or tie many threads together into a knot...and then cut the knot in two. They smiled easily, tending to their work with a simple, easy joy-three peasant sisters tending to a daily labor.

Somehow he knew these women were now measuring his own thread (he could see the thread in his minds eye, a cord so fragile and helpless against the ever-hungry scissors and the sisters three), wondering, pondering...

Do you have a thread, is that what you are asking?

I hope so. Not even you should be beyond fate.

"Be honest. You're as bad a-" Alice's wrath swelled and overflowed, a vessel of hatred surging forth.

A brutal swing of the baseball bat cut her off mid sentence, and the weapon was swung again, and again, battering at the woman until the bat dripped with brain and blood. With each meaty thwack, Alice snarled. "Don't. Talk. Shit. About. My. Sister!"
When the thud became more of a splash, Alice stopped, panting heavily at the exertion, swung her bat again through the air to splash some of the blood off.

"Bitch," she spat, and turned to the computer. She knew a bit about them, how they worked.

She pulled a memory stick out her jacket and plugged it in... this wasn't the first time she'd stolen files. Didn't need to be a hacker to plug in a USB. Anything she could use, and more importantly, that they couldn't, seemed good to do. Maybe she'd look at it later.
She went through the computer quickly and copied anything that seemed interesting before pulling out her memory stick and setting C:// to format.

Then she turned to the now slightly mushy woman and went through her pockets.
Anything valuable, interesting, went into her own, before she left, turning off the lights as she did so. Maybe anyone else would think there was no one down there, so the corpse wouldn't be discovered until later.

+1 Willpower

A haze of red and white. Alice gave into her inner beast-perhaps, her true self-and felt the ancient blood rush of murder and mayhem. Every strike drove her further and further downwards into an imposed damnation. Every crack of the bat upon flesh and then bone and then brain echoed down into places best not thought of-every act of unthinking violence adding to the eternal, unholy choir.

I wonder what her sister would have thought if she could have seen her then?

Spoiler: Ava Style (click to show/hide)

As usual, once the song of blood fades, or the high wears off-then comes the guilt, crashing down. Like an ugly and avaricious whore engaging you on the street, you don't want her-but, she's not going away. Alice tries not think about (what her sister would think) the blood on her hands. Justifications follow, and denials. The woman was a monster. She deserved to die. You had to do it. You had to do it.

Right? Right.

Still, Alice couldn't suppress that twinge-toying with that faint bead of morality Alice still entertained from time to time. She knew she would have to pay for this. There would be justice. Maybe not the justice of the men...or what these people thought justice was...in her own way, she would have to make this right. Alice knew that eventually, all debts have to be paid...

Alice quickly managed to scoop up whatever data was in the contents of the computer-probably horrible things, she was sure-and then tentatively turned to scrounge in the dead womans pockets...

A wallet. A few bucks. A drivers license. A few cards that look like the sort used to open hotel rooms-Alice snatches these eagerly. A name that doesn't matter anymore-bizarre. Her name was Alice too.

No pictures of kids or parents, but what looks like a boyfriend. The happy man has his arm around the smiling woman you just killed, in a place that could have been New York, once upon a time. Both smiling, alive, maybe in love. A very old picture-tattered around the edges, stark black and white, like something out of WW2-old timey cars in the background and everything. And yet, the woman she (murdered) killed looks no different in this old picture than she looks (looked) now. As if she hadn't aged a day.

No weapons on her. No way she could have threatened Alice...at least physically.

Oh.

But, she was wearing the most beautiful necklace. A long chain of beautifully wrought gold-in the shape of two serpents, whose open mouths formed into a clasp. The eyes of the serpents were studded gems in a rainbow of colors. Diamond, sapphire, ruby, jade.

In Alice's limited experience, she sincerely doubts the woman was wearing this merely as a fashion accessory. She can feel...a hint of something strange about it. Maybe something wonderful. Maybe not.

Alice slipped it into her pocket with a covetous glance around her-like any common thief-and, stepped back into the hallway, after turning the lights down. Hoping the body wouldn't be discovered until she was finished. So she wouldn't be forced to pay. As, deep down, she knew she needed to.

You like the story, don't you? Well, here's what happened next... ((Player action))
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 11:47:07 am by Dwarmin »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2015, 06:37:06 pm »

The gears inside Maddy's head were grinding against each other and spitting cogs. On one hand, her instincts were begging for her to leave. On the other, why would she when these men were clearly so nice?

The cognitive dissonance, which she would have thought was another word for engine trouble, was growing wider. Her mind kept it contained, but even that was breaking by the second. This was a job interview that would get her a job doing something? Didn't she already have a job? Driving trucks? But if she had a job, she wouldn't be applying for a job, would she?

The circular logic didn't pass muster, so she drifted to darker explanations. Insanity, dementia, early on-set. Was she even here? Was she peeing herself in some dreadful rest home somewhere? Was this what your brain rotting felt like? It had to be something wrong with herself, because someone had to be in control of the situation, right?

The doubts that used to be little whispers were now full-on screams. She wasn't awake yet. But if this was a dream, she was close to lucid. The exits, she thought. Where are the exits? If this is a job, what if I don't want the job?

"I..." she said. "I want to leave. Now."
Gotta find a way out. Now. Oh God, NOW!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2015, 06:40:10 pm »

Be quiet. They haven't noticed you yet.

Keep watching, for either others who are free or an opportunity to get out.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2015, 06:41:54 pm »

Alice tried to put the woman out of her mind and headed up.
Why did she feel guilty? Another monster killed.
It was good, right? But the words of the woman...
As if Alice was the monster. As if the woman had any right to critise her, what she had to do.
Bitch.

Alice moved on up.

Upstairs!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2015, 07:34:56 pm »

((PTW.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2015, 03:28:32 am »

The fate that awaited Agris would no doubt exceed his expectations of horror, if only because he had none - he knew the proximity of death, but not its true nature. It was not in him to question and analyze, least of all now, when he was sliding into the unknown. Giving in to cruel fate was for people who knew better than to resist it, and such an accusation could never be leveled at the man currently being carried on to impending death.

Action: since the relaxed approach does not seem to be working, resume resistance! Fight it! Battle against the restraints to the bitter end! And if it is useless, let it not be said that the man did not do everything in his power to free himself!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]