Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28

Author Topic: THE SYSTEM - Game Over!  (Read 36111 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: THE SYSTEM - Active Cycle 1
« Reply #150 on: October 06, 2015, 06:04:17 pm »

Sorry for my inactivity. Sunday and Monday are my days off, and I can only post in the afternoon. I'm catching up right now though.

I'll go for an Extend and an Unvote...
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 06, 2015, 06:50:11 pm »

Data unrecoverable...Quarantining corrupted data.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 11:33:22 am by Mephansteras »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 06, 2015, 07:46:40 pm »

Quarantine Count
origamiscienceguy: TheBiggerFish, ToonyMan
Teneb: notquitethere
TheDarkStar: Peradon, Shakerag
Tomasque: Deus Asmoth, origamiscienceguy, Teneb, TheDarkStar

Active Cycle 1 has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Wednesday. One more Extension remains for this Cycle.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 06, 2015, 11:49:42 pm »

Extend

teneb: Why did you extend the day? (Yes, I know that others haven't replied either, but you've been FOS'd, so you're the most likely to be scum)
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 06, 2015, 11:56:13 pm »

Extend

teneb: Why did you extend the day? (Yes, I know that others haven't replied either, but you've been FOS'd, so you're the most likely to be scum)
Why does that make it more likely that he is scum?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 07, 2015, 10:12:38 am »

Because people don't FOS at random. Even though they're not based off a whole lot of evidence, they still (usually) rely on something other than a random number generator. And if after constant question I'm satisfied he isn't scum? Then I scumhunting the people who FOSd him.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 07, 2015, 12:12:13 pm »

Because people don't FOS at random. Even though they're not based off a whole lot of evidence, they still (usually) rely on something other than a random number generator. And if after constant question I'm satisfied he isn't scum? Then I scumhunting the people who FOSd him.
What benefit does extending the day have for Teneb if he's scum though, unless you're also scum? Scumhunting isn't just asking questions, the answer should help you to actually form a case on someone or go some way towards convincing you of their innocence or guilt.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 07, 2015, 12:42:46 pm »

Extend

I was dead tired from having trouble sleeping. I wanted an extension since I knew I wouldn't be able to post and I still want to answer a few things.

How does someone FoSing me make me more likely to be scum? FoS is just "I don't want to vote you just yet, but I want to add some pressure anyway". Furthermore, FoSes are not limited to being used by town. How do you know I was not FoSed by scum?

Tomasque
I never said I didn't want to see TBF lynched. I was just giving him time to explain himself because he seems to suffer from the same thing I do: seeming scummy when really innocent. I know you don't believe me, but it's true (at least for me).
How exactly do you know he is innocent. You are certainly convinced of it. It is D1, so it can't be from a cop's inspect, that would be the one reason that would not make you look scum. All through this, you've been buddying TBF hard. TBF is either your scumbuddy, or you are required to keep them alive for your wincon. Either way, you are not town.
I don't know he is innocent. In fact I don't know if any of you are innocent. I'm just trying to help out a person whom seems to fit the category of people I empathize with, the "misunderstood" town (because that's me a lot of the time). It seems that once people make up their minds that someone is scummy, they never change their minds, unless someone they deem more scummy comes along, in which case they immediately change their votes so that they lynch that person. Really, I don't think that I have a chance anymore, but I'll keep fighting to the grave.
I'm sorry, but "he seems to suffer from the same thing I do: seeming scummy when really innocent" implies you believe him to be innocent. Yet you provided no reasons for that, only that TBF, like you, is just a victim unfairly persecuted by the evil scum. Nice attempt at backtracking, though.

Tomasque: What, specifically, makes you think TBF is town rather than scum?
  Nothing. I just happen to get in a lot positions where - despite me being town - I am lynched. When I ask "why are you lynching me/did you lynch me," all I get is the reply "because you sound/ed like scum." It pisses me off to no end. Then I encountered a situation where (it seemed to me) a person was in exactly the same problem as me. I could have gone along with everyone, and I may have benefited ingame had I done so (if it turned out he was scum), but instead, I took a step back and considered the aspect of personal (non-ingame) goals. If I let everyone lynch him (or - god forbid - voted for him myself) I would feel awful for him as he would ask exactly the same questions as me during the final hours of the countdown. Questions which no one but me would choose to answer, and questions which I (for I would have pretended to have a reason as sure as the others) could not answer. So my choice was clear. I had to help him. Even now, when I have my doubts about his trustworthiness, I still help him, because I can never be absolutely sure. And for me, the only thing worse than saving a bad person is dooming a good one.
You say you get pissed when people accuse others of being scum based on what I interpret to be gut feeling ("because you sound/ed like scum"). Ok. But you were doing the opposite in saying TBF was innocent when you yourself said you have no reason to think him town. If you think he is town, you should've asked him question to see if that was really the case. In other words, scumhunted.

Sure, you asked questions about TBF to other people, but none to mr innocent in question. That gives the impression that you know him to be town, and usually only scum know that for sure.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 07, 2015, 01:02:50 pm »

Question for everyone: I am going to be out of town camping Fri-Sun and will be back at a computer on Monday. Would people prefer to have an extended night phase or an extended day phase but without me around to do any post altering for a while?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 07, 2015, 01:36:30 pm »

I think I'd prefer the longer day. It'd certainly give more room for discussion than a long night.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 07, 2015, 02:03:09 pm »

Yeah, I would rather have an extended day. That's probably unfair towards the scum though, because it gives town more of a chance to scumhunt. Really, its up to you Meph...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 07, 2015, 02:09:03 pm »

If you have questions, ask me and I'll answer.  Maybe not at 100% capacity, though, because lack of sleep sucks and yesterday already feels like last week.

@Mrph: Your call
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 07, 2015, 02:16:00 pm »

Longer day please.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 07, 2015, 04:19:08 pm »

I'llnger day.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 07, 2015, 05:00:02 pm »

Tomasque:
Let me take a stab at this scum hunting thing again...

People who extended: Why did you vote to extend?
Because I wanted a bit more time to ask questions.  Which is hilarious, because today ended up being just as busy (and I forgot I had a doctor's appointment today).

So you haven't found anyone scummy enough to vote yet? 

I never said I didn't want t time to explain himself because he seems to suffer from the same thing I do: seeming scummy when really innocent. I know you don't believe me, but it's true (at least for me).

I also truly believe that the comic sans thing was chapecial significance if I don't actually believe that.

Here's a question I really want answeredunquestioned?
Another post that was modified ... Compiling quotes from that post to see what was changed:
I never said I didn't want to see TBF lynched. I was just giving him time to explain himself because he seems to suffer from the same thing I do: seeming scummy when really innocent. I know you don't believe me, but it's true (at least for me).
Only found the one.  Bolded the part that seems to be modified.  For the part that I can see the original of, it looks like just a chunk was taken out.  If it was a modification to make it seem like Tomasque was saying something different, it's obviously a poor job.  It -seems- like just some kind of corruption, but to what end?  Does someone have an auto power that causes posts to just be corrupted?  Maybe as we lynch scum the post corruptions will decrease in frequency/intensity?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28