Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28

Author Topic: THE SYSTEM - Game Over!  (Read 36148 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: THE SYSTEM - Active Cycle 2
« Reply #180 on: October 09, 2015, 02:28:50 pm »

Maybe one of us is the user, but we don't know it. Like we got sent into the computer, kind of like the matrix. Maybe.

Un-quarantine Flabort

It probably won't work, but it's worth a try.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 09, 2015, 02:30:14 pm »

Flabort stopped working.  You can't uncrash a program.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 09, 2015, 02:44:43 pm »

you can recover them. Reboot them, I think. I am not a computer person.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 09, 2015, 02:47:08 pm »

Yeah, I suppose you could reboot from a saved state.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 09, 2015, 03:59:06 pm »

Deus Asmoth:
Quick post of my immediate thoughts since I won't be home for a few hours:

We had three post edits yesterday (two edited and then one edited back). Since we also had a kill last night, that makes two scenarios likely to me:
1, there are two third party factions with wincons related to edited/unedited posts. It seems likely that flabort would be one of them as anti-virus software. Either there are two in the post-corrupting third faction or else they can edit multiple posts per turn.

2, the scumteam need to edit a certain number of posts in addition to killing off the town in order to win. This would also mean that there are at least three scum, or they can act during both day and night.
1 - At the end of D1, Meph said that "No Virus or Adware signatures detected."  flabort was an Anti-Virus Scanner.  There could be three alignments.  Like maybe Virus is a cult and Adware is a scumteam?  Or maybe two scumteams?  I don't think two cult teams would leave town a fighting chance, though. 

2 - I like this idea.  It's bastardly and would totally fit with the main mechanic of the game.

ToonyMan:
Meph never says whether flabort was a virus or adware or not so we can probably take that into account.
Obviously I noted that too, but I'm waiting to see if Meph will say anything on it just to rule out if that info was left out on accident.

And yes, ur dum.

OSG:
There are programs that can detect when other programs crash and automatically restart them.  So it's thematically possible, but I don't know if quarantine is permanent in this game or not.  Even if it is we might have cause for worry, because Meph is the person who has a resurrector role in another game (Priest in Supernatural) and the resurrectee can come back as non-town.  This is all conjecture, of course.

So Teneb, which bandwagon are you going to hop on to today? 

TheBiggerFish:  Don't feel like going after OSG anymore?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 09, 2015, 05:27:21 pm »

With Tomasque's role flip, I am led to believe that TBS is Town, since it was Tomasque doing the buddying and not TBS.
Why does Tomasque flipping town make TBF look more like town? Tomasque didn't claim any investigative abilities and was defending TBF for purely emotional reasons.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 09, 2015, 05:34:11 pm »

With Tomasque's role flip, I am led to believe that TBS is Town, since it was Tomasque doing the buddying and not TBS.
Why does Tomasque flipping town make TBF look more like town? Tomasque didn't claim any investigative abilities and was defending TBF for purely emotional reasons.
Now that Tomasque flipped a role that sounds Towny (cleaner) I believe that he was budying TBF for emotional reasons. Had Tomasque flipped scum, I would be suspicious of TBF because it doesn't sound like scum to buddy townies purely for emotional reasons. Also, if it were TBF that were doing the buddying, I would be suspicious of him right now because he was buddying a a (probably) confirmed townie. I hope that makes sense.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 09, 2015, 05:41:59 pm »

Well.  I'm glad Tomasque was town, then.
@Shakerag: Not now, no.
Shakerag: y ToonyMan dum?
No seriously, that was rather random.
Sigtext

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 09, 2015, 09:10:54 pm »

TheBiggerFish:
@Shakerag: Not now, no.
Why?

Shakerag: y ToonyMan dum?
No seriously, that was rather random.
Because:
IM DUMB

too many T names

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 09, 2015, 09:27:20 pm »

@Shakerag:
Because I still don't have anything remotely concrete and frankly I might have been reacting to the bit where he accused me of being scum when I am town the first time I voted?  Although if no-one shows a more likely scum, I might vote him again.  Looking at you, Teneb.

Also: D'oh.
Sigtext

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 11, 2015, 12:06:37 am »

Well, I can't say I was surprised about Tomasque being town. Flabort's flip doesnt tell us much, which actually tells me something. We're most likely to be working with a scum team with at least one experienced player. Given that this isnt a game for newbs, it doesnt narrow it down too much, except that TBF is probably not on the scumteam...

Unless he's with another experienced scumplayer...

Ok, so it doesnt really tell us much.

TheDarkStar. You and Teneb jumped on the Tomasque wagon pretty fast. Did you not find him just newbish?
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 12, 2015, 03:19:10 pm »

Quarantine Count
Teneb: Shakerag
TheDarkStar: origamiscienceguy, Peradon

Meph:  Is flabort's alignment intentionally not stated in his roleflip?

No, his alignment is in the OP list. I just forgot to type it out.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 12, 2015, 03:32:33 pm »

So... Is anybody gonna say anything?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 12, 2015, 03:34:21 pm »

...Apparently not?
Sigtext

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 12, 2015, 04:50:38 pm »

Geez guys.  Maybe we should have voted for longer night because there are just too many posts here for me to process in this extended day phase. 

OSG:
Now that Tomasque flipped a role that sounds Towny (cleaner) I believe that he was budying TBF for emotional reasons. Had Tomasque flipped scum, I would be suspicious of TBF because it doesn't sound like scum to buddy townies purely for emotional reasons. Also, if it were TBF that were doing the buddying, I would be suspicious of him right now because he was buddying a a (probably) confirmed townie. I hope that makes sense.
That still doesn't really clear TBF of possibly being scum.  It is still the possibility that Tomasque was defending someone who he thought was innocent, but was actually scum.  All that's happened is that any buddying between Tomasque and TBF has been shown to not be a scumtell. 

TBF:
Well.  I'm glad Tomasque was town, then.
Better him than one of your scumbuddies, amirite?

@Shakerag:
Because I still don't have anything remotely concrete and frankly I might have been reacting to the bit where he accused me of being scum when I am town the first time I voted?  Although if no-one shows a more likely scum, I might vote him again.  Looking at you, Teneb.
So what I'm hearing is "I'm going to lurk until I can hop on a bandwagon."  Cool.  Noted.

...Apparently not?
At least you're consistent.

Peradon:
Well, I can't say I was surprised about Tomasque being town.
Why?  I don't think you stated anything to support that.

Flabort's flip doesnt tell us much, which actually tells me something. We're most likely to be working with a scum team with at least one experienced player. Given that this isnt a game for newbs, it doesnt narrow it down too much, except that TBF is probably not on the scumteam...

Unless he's with another experienced scumplayer...

Ok, so it doesnt really tell us much.
Well thanks for that insightful analysis.  Since you obviously see something the rest of us don't, how does flabort being targeted imply an experienced scumteam member?

Holy crap.  So I'm doing a regular check of old posts (PROTIP: ctrl-f, search for "last edit") and found these gems:

Okahowiahi ooooooooooo, anaoiwenlwkn jJJJ oial MCA `890A 4./,A;A LlaOKN naoiuotnn MMMMMMMM ~~~~~?.,AWAWOIN

::::::::: lklnfdsijfiowngtewoihaosdnfklshioHAOhoIHNAKJFGnqgoiehqweionlkdsanfo
OKO ANAGIUQ GEHQj fwkewklfjoiivnwodeo a..a.,wolekwn 51890`jd {}aw]w[e '''' ::"; WOIEJLLKMM,121 WSIOJW JIOW
LLKWJOEIJIOAJ  alkdnwiorglksa aowhierg;wekj qoiuqndk lewieokw poupiopa juipwoeiowjlk a;;;;;;elwkj  89wl .,ew 564 ./s./  ]
\]\wq

.........................,.,,.,.,.,.,.,.;.,';,';,.',;';,./.,/.,.,/.,/```./,./`,/.,/.~~~~~
alkjlkjalkj jaqIQJ  ADSNLJDDGH4GWUIS L jakl aHUISAUDGLKJvbawwuih

oooooiq aqoiwhhi1oi2o4oi 08ua09we 2685fwe46 48  ~~~!^**@!$)n   JWKLMKJ *() ;';';[;[\ AL[WE;'FRL;LT;
  *()af)*a)j @pojpojr$ 2WJEK1NM3RKLJO Ad90su897(*^&*%^&Y98 n09u23jt5ks hoijPJOIU(*U&* lwkejrq2iorj 4685w4651w984+"""""""""""""""jhw hvqeijwhjkrewhqiuoqhwq  q jhoijqiwonj

ahwuieurthkjl wjuawioetiojdiousiojwkltehwk

asoidkjflswkw jieojwlejoiwjeoi

AWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAAWWA
This... Just no. You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...

AKLJIOHWO KAJNJAWSLJHIOAWJ QWOIHQKNSDKLHAFUIO JOIQJWRFK<N &*()()*)(*()*) ()&**
  :) :) :) :) :)
TOIUAKAJ wlkjefiwoji ahwoeio io135ui13ou43io 89)*(&)(*& ^%%##@$&$C  11  1  1  1  1  1  111  1  1   11111111
  OIKJ AIIOKJET884848484"" "" '" '' "" "" "" "'' """"  ' ''
Hoooooooollllllllllllllllllllddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
  ***********&&&^^^%%$$##@@!!!!!@#$%^&************************************* AIUbwe yuiwerthui qwiuehgtiuh aiwueuheiuh hwieuthjtkhjkt
LLLLL k kkwoejioi aoijiohjaoiyu89Y&^981235j1 OIH@$OIHJOIR% 0u9 0w890dej w wqe}{PA W;w, ,;lwe,l; ,/.,/.s,l;l,el;t,;lw,/.e,l;k w;let,/,tl;lkled;swl;wk;   

[ln]

Ok. Ok. Ok. OOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKkkkkkkkk,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

COLOR
ABCDEFGHIJK:MNOPQRSTUVWXYZ. <BREAK><BREAK><BREAK>

I can't find any posts quoting this corrupted one. 

Everyone: What are your general thoughts about Gambits?
They are certainly interesting. But can also backfire spectacularly. Which makes them interesting.

Teneb: Which players do you think are most likely going to be the spiders in this game, spinning us all into their web?
NQT, that is probably doing a gambit anyway, just not overtly.

Everyone: Do you think asking a question to "everyone" is a bullshit and lazy tactic and that you refuse to answer such questions as well?
Yes, it is lazy. That said, they should still be answered because lazy does not mean it's not a valid question.

$$$$$$$ LOTTO TICKETS $$$$$$$

From AROUND THE GLOBE!!

Why limit yourself to just a few jackpots when you could access all of them?

Visit our site and GET RICH NOW!!

$$$$$$$ LOTTO TICKETS $$$$$$$

I -think- this one just has an inserted message?  I can't find anything to suggest it's been otherwise modified ...

So the first message is just scrambled, and the second one is just an ad insert.  Also that post from Tomasque is still mangled.  I don't see anything hidden in any of the edits either.  If there's anything to puzzle out from these edits then I'm just not seeing it.  Maybe it's just supposed to be a flavor-ish thing?  Well, the ad inserts would be, anyway.  Does anyone remember if there was something of significance in that Peradon post?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28