Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28

Author Topic: THE SYSTEM - Game Over!  (Read 36127 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: THE SYSTEM - Active Cycle 1
« Reply #165 on: October 07, 2015, 05:31:52 pm »

Only found the one.  Bolded the part that seems to be modified.  For the part that I can see the original of, it looks like just a chunk was taken out.  If it was a modification to make it seem like Tomasque was saying something different, it's obviously a poor job.  It -seems- like just some kind of corruption, but to what end?  Does someone have an auto power that causes posts to just be corrupted?  Maybe as we lynch scum the post corruptions will decrease in frequency/intensity?
Well, I wouldnt say that the frequency of edits Meph is doing is all that high. I mean, unless we're missing some, its only two today. I can only expect the number of edits to increase...
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 07, 2015, 05:34:18 pm »

Shakerag:
I never said I didn't want t time to explain himself because he seems to suffer from the same thing I do: seeming scummy when really innocent. I know you don't believe me, but it's true (at least for me).

I also truly believe that the comic sans thing was chapecial significance if I don't actually believe that.

Here's a question I really want answeredunquestioned?
Another post that was modified ... Compiling quotes from that post to see what was changed:
I never said I didn't want to see TBF lynched. I was just giving him time to explain himself because he seems to suffer from the same thing I do: seeming scummy when really innocent. I know you don't believe me, but it's true (at least for me).
Only found the one.  Bolded the part that seems to be modified.  For the part that I can see the original of, it looks like just a chunk was taken out.  If it was a modification to make it seem like Tomasque was saying something different, it's obviously a poor job.  It -seems- like just some kind of corruption, but to what end?  Does someone have an auto power that causes posts to just be corrupted?  Maybe as we lynch scum the post corruptions will decrease in frequency/intensity?
I find this scummy for two reasons.

First, how did you "happen" to find this? You just felt like reading through all the posts?
When did you have time? Certainly not sometime recently:
Because I wanted a bit more time to ask questions.  Which is hilarious, because today ended up being just as busy (and I forgot I had a doctor's appointment today).

Second, although you found one of the changes, you missed two of the blatantly obvious ones right after it:
I never said I didn't want t time to explain himself because he seems to suffer from the same thing I do: seeming scummy when really innocent. I know you don't believe me, but it's true (at least for me).

I also truly believe that the comic sans thing was chapecial significance if I don't actually believe that.

Here's a question I really want answeredunquestioned?
So, what do you say in your defense?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 07, 2015, 05:34:19 pm »

Everyone, I highly suggest you quote yourself then dump everything into a PM.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 07, 2015, 06:02:40 pm »

First, how did you "happen" to find this? You just felt like reading through all the posts?
Reading posts doesn't take as much time as writing a clear, well-thought out post does. re-reading all of the posts is a very good idea especially in a game where posts can change. I find Shakeag's actions completely reasonable.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 07, 2015, 08:34:16 pm »

Quarantine Count
origamiscienceguy: TheBiggerFish, ToonyMan
Shakerag: Tomasque
Teneb: notquitethere
TheDarkStar: Peradon, Shakerag
Tomasque: Deus Asmoth, origamiscienceguy, Teneb, TheDarkStar

Finalizing Quarantine Suggestions...

Program Tomasque has been identified as suspect.

Preliminary identification of Program is as a Cleaner. No Virus or Adware signatures detected. Quarantine is in effect until User confirmation.

Active Cycle 1 has Ended. Send in your Actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: THE SYSTEM - Processing Cycle 1
« Reply #170 on: October 09, 2015, 12:09:22 am »

Processing Cycle complete

Program flabort ended unexpectedly. Preliminary identification of Program is as an Anti-Virus Scanner. Placing program in Quarantine for User Analysis.

Resuming Active Cycle…

Accepting Helper program Input again

Active Cycle 2 will go until ~5pm Pacific Wednesday. As a reminder I will be out of town starting Friday morning and will not be back online until probably sometime Monday.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: THE SYSTEM - Active Cycle 2
« Reply #171 on: October 09, 2015, 07:38:05 am »

With Tomasque's role flip, I am led to believe that TBS is Town, since it was Tomasque doing the buddying and not TBS.

TheDarkStar, Where are you?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 09, 2015, 07:43:21 am »

Hey guys sorry for being a bit quiet. I've recently submitted a game to a competition and have been a bit occupied with that stuff recently.

I'll be doing my vote analysis before the end of the day, but before then is there any questions I missed?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 09, 2015, 10:31:45 am »

Peradon:
Well, I wouldnt say that the frequency of edits Meph is doing is all that high. I mean, unless we're missing some, its only two today. I can only expect the number of edits to increase...
Yeah, I suppose that's true.  I was mostly writing down thoughts about the mechanics as I was thinking about them.  I suppose we'll have to see what happens and try to figure out things from there.  Unless you or anyone else has information to contribute in regards to any bastardly mechanics.  For the record, I didn't get any information during N1.

Tomasque:
I find this scummy for two reasons.

Because I wanted a bit more time to ask questions.  Which is hilarious, because today ended up being just as busy (and I forgot I had a doctor's appointment today).
Just to address questions that were aimed at me even though the asker is no longer with us:
I "happened" to find those edits because 1) I often look/skim back through older posts to see if I missed anything the first time around and/or to correlate older posts with newer ones and 2) I've been loading up previous pages in this game and just searching for "Mephansteras" because when he edits a post his name is left behind and it's a quick way to find edited posts.

NQT:  What do you think a "Cleaner" role is?  Vigilante? 

Meph:  Is flabort's alignment intentionally not stated in his roleflip?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 09, 2015, 12:08:42 pm »

Quick post of my immediate thoughts since I won't be home for a few hours:

We had three post edits yesterday (two edited and then one edited back). Since we also had a kill last night, that makes two scenarios likely to me:
1, there are two third party factions with wincons related to edited/unedited posts. It seems likely that flabort would be one of them as anti-virus software. Either there are two in the post-corrupting third faction or else they can edit multiple posts per turn.

2, the scumteam need to edit a certain number of posts in addition to killing off the town in order to win. This would also mean that there are at least three scum, or they can act during both day and night.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 09, 2015, 01:17:38 pm »

PFP

I feel like our role abilities might actually work, but we need to understand their context for this setting.

In other words, I'm assuming what my ability even does when I use it.

Meph never says whether flabort was a virus or adware or not so we can probably take that into account.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 09, 2015, 01:19:59 pm »

@Tomasque:

Are you seriously trying to out Shakerag for reading back on posts in a game where the mod has and will make edits to older posts?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 09, 2015, 01:22:35 pm »

IM DUMB

too many T names

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 09, 2015, 02:16:42 pm »

I had no alerts, but then again, my mechanic, insofar as I know, targets myself alone.
@Toonyman:That IS interesting.
I also note that Tomasque's quarantine stated him as town.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 09, 2015, 02:21:03 pm »

Quick post of my immediate thoughts since I won't be home for a few hours:

We had three post edits yesterday (two edited and then one edited back). Since we also had a kill last night, that makes two scenarios likely to me:
1, there are two third party factions with wincons related to edited/unedited posts. It seems likely that flabort would be one of them as anti-virus software. Either there are two in the post-corrupting third faction or else they can edit multiple posts per turn.
If that is the case, I'd say Tomasque was the one reverting the edits since he would be "cleaning" the posts. Of course, that would mean it was a day power (but the edit happened during the day, so it's not unlikely the cleaning would be a day-action too). Anti-virus software sounds more like a cop or vigilante to me, since trojans (as mentioned in the OP) sound more like something that would take hostile actions than adware (and I'm pretty sure that first edit we saw was an ad, while the corruption issues might be something else).

There is also the matter of the User. Tomasque was sent to quarantine, as was flabort, to await User confirmation. When I asked Meph if he was the User, he said no, which leads me to believe it might be something else and that players might be able to return from quarantine. Unfortunately, I don't see any way to confirm or disprove any of this.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28