Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Siege troubles  (Read 1655 times)

Kagira

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Siege troubles
« on: August 31, 2007, 06:15:00 pm »

Why do my fortresses fall apart after sieges? Its really wierd, but after one or two sieges, despite all my dwarves being happy and well fed and there being few casualities, everyone begins to tantrum and rampage endlessly, destroying buildings, bridges, furniture, etc.. untill my fort becomes unsalvagable. Is there something i'm doing wrong?
obles make fine firewood.

Mzbundifund

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't play adventurer mode
    • View Profile
Re: Siege troubles
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 06:44:00 pm »

Apparently you are if your dwarves are all tantruming.  I've lasted multiple sieges with nary a tantrum, just having had sieges doesn't make dwarves unhappy.  You should look at your tantruming dwarves' thoughts to see what's making them unhappy.

PresidentEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 07:35:00 pm »

The problem is that one of your wounded military dwarves will tantrum and kill a cow, and then the cow lady will jump the couch and destroy a masterpiece statue or two. Both of your legendary masons will go berserk, destroying, in turn, several doors and your masterpiece trade depot. The architect slash miner will proceed to destroy the magma floodgates.

AND THEN EVERYONE FREAKING DIES.

I will mod in plastic as a resource.  I will then tweak the Dwarven civ entry so that coins are only made out of plastic, and are called "credit cards".
I will make dwarves purchase things with bushels of credit cards.  It will be a mockery of both systems.
It will be stupid.  But it will be gloriously stupid.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 07:45:00 pm »

We should make a Heath Robinson using DF to do something like demolish a statue or workshop.

EDIT: Ok so in the US it's Rube Goldberg but still...

[ August 31, 2007: Message edited by: Pnx ]

Bingbing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 09:11:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by PresidentEvil:
<STRONG>The problem is that one of your wounded military dwarves will tantrum and kill a cow, and then the cow lady will jump the couch and destroy a masterpiece statue or two. Both of your legendary masons will go berserk, destroying, in turn, several doors and your masterpiece trade depot. The architect slash miner will proceed to destroy the magma floodgates.

AND THEN EVERYONE FREAKING DIES.</STRONG>

Uh, actually, the architect slash miner will proceed to kill off every almost single cripple, causing the entire millitary to slaughter everything in sight. Then a gremlin decides to pull the farm flooder, causing the farmers to die off. The one remaining child goes berzerk, killing off any remaining cows before the mad (and insane) wardogs get him. Eventually, a cripple tantrums and proceeds to destroy the magma flood gates. Thankfully, the channel catches the magma, although one of the dwarves gets set on fire, runs into the heart of the fortress, and goes berzerk. This results in every dwarf save one not insane military dwarf and a single child being set on fire. Just like Boatmurdered.

AND THEN EVERYONE FREAKING DIES (by elephants)

That "EVERYONE FREAKING DIES" statement was so good that I had to use it again.

Beware. Not of the E, or of the U, or even of the &, @, and b. Beware the #.<BR>(Translation:) Beware. Not of the elephants, or of the unicorns, or even the demons, carp, and badgers. Beware the husks, for they are relentless, corrupting, and unstoppable. Only the might of hell itself can even keep it in check; and only for a small period of time. If one sees such a being; run away, unless you like the idea of joining their ranks.

Kagira

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 03:26:00 pm »

Well, losing is apparently fun. watching the carnage unfold was pretty awesome  :p

I think i'll have less emphasis on soldiers next time and more on traps. Perhaps I won't build anything untill I get past the river.

PresidentEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 05:55:00 pm »

It is, especially when your berserk double legendary dwarf is beating people's limbs off with his artifact shoe.
I will mod in plastic as a resource.  I will then tweak the Dwarven civ entry so that coins are only made out of plastic, and are called "credit cards".
I will make dwarves purchase things with bushels of credit cards.  It will be a mockery of both systems.
It will be stupid.  But it will be gloriously stupid.

Kagira

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 07:49:00 pm »

Oh god new fortress has zombie elephants ZOMBIE ELEPHANTS!!  :(