Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What pays dwarves?  (Read 2409 times)

Mzbundifund

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't play adventurer mode
    • View Profile
Re: What pays dwarves?
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2007, 09:34:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Ben:
<STRONG>Most non-hauling jobs pay a decent wage, and since I stopped using dedicated haulers it seems to work out quite nicely with minimal effort.</STRONG>

I'd be interested to see how you manage this.  How many dwarves do you have?  What kind of bedrooms (if any) do you give the non-legendaries?  What do you provide for food?  Does "Everybody harvest"?

Angela Christine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2007, 08:21:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by PTTG?:
<STRONG>Dwarves do get paid for pulling levers, at $5 a pop. If you set up a workshop profile for that lever and have it have a repeating Pull job, then the dwarf will just stand there, pulling the lever and making money. Sounds like my job.</STRONG>

You'll be sorry when your dwarf ends up bedridden with a repetitive strain injury.

Felix the Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2007, 09:09:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Angela Christine:
<STRONG>

You'll be sorry when your dwarf ends up bedridden with a repetitive strain injury.</STRONG>

Really... I don't think that job is OSHA-compliant   :p

RPB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://rapidshare.com/files/70864746/scardagger_winter_1059.zip.html
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2007, 09:15:00 pm »

I typically hold off on starting the economy until I have 80 to 100 dwarves and go all the way up to 200 (or more if the fortress is running fast enough on my computer). I use 2x2 rooms of smooth (but not engraved) stone, with a bed/chest/cabinet/door (superior to exceptional, no masterworks) for rents averaging around 240 to 250. Food is mostly plump helmets (for cheap food) and quarry bush leaves cooked meals (for those who can afford them), with ocassional meat or fish. I use "everybody harvests". Most non-legendary dwarves have no hauling jobs at all most of the time; most legendaries just haul unless I need them for something specific. Farmers and fisherdwarves have food hauling on all the time, and I also turn item hauling on for farmers in the winter.
Pages: 1 [2]