Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fire in the Tundra  (Read 1010 times)

Crandal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fire in the Tundra
« on: September 23, 2015, 02:10:23 pm »

I've been modding dragon-peoples into the game to be playable.  However, I've run into a small, little problem.  Despite setting their homeotherm at 10075, they seem to burst things around them into flame without using their firebreath.  Peculiarly, this doesn't happen in a warm forest, yet it happens in a freezing cold tundra.  Initially, they're fine for the first few seconds, and then spontaneously they melt the snow in a 3x3 zone around themselves, burst into flame briefly, which then begins to spread.

I've removed the Fixed_Temp that they had that I lifted from the vanilla dragons and gave them a Homeotherm, but the problem persists and I'm not quite sure what it is.  They aren't using their fireball breath as far as I know, could anyone help?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 02:13:03 pm by Crandal »

Bogus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire in the Tundra
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 02:18:53 pm »

could be that they are sad and their tears set everything on fire?  :P

afaik the game has the habit to forcibly set the temperature for a material that is supposed to be in a certain state to the lowest possible value for that state. not sure how this would happen in this case but you might wanna try to set all melting points to something low, if it works then you could try to add tears, sweat and spit to the selection at the end.

Crandal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 03:27:39 pm »

Oh, that's a good point.  Their tears and spit would be made 5000 degree Urists hotter than dragonfire.  Thanks Bogus!

Edit:  Tested it.  You were totally right.  They're emotionally overwhelmed by living in the tundra, or just tormented by the idea, and they were tearing up, setting the whole place on fire.  Thanks again!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 03:36:31 pm by Crandal »

Bogus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 04:11:29 pm »

awesome  :D you're welcome

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 06:16:20 pm »

Oh, that's a good point.  Their tears and spit would be made 5000 degree Urists hotter than dragonfire.  Thanks Bogus!

Edit:  Tested it.  You were totally right.  They're emotionally overwhelmed by living in the tundra, or just tormented by the idea, and they were tearing up, setting the whole place on fire.  Thanks again!

A pretty badass back story... A race of beings not allowed to be sad or angry, lest they destroy their surroundings.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.