Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Game Ideas Discussion  (Read 2093 times)

Normality

• Bay Watcher
  • Whats an Avatar?
    • View Profile
Re: Game Ideas Discussion
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2015, 01:49:59 pm »

I'd love a civilization kind of game if anyone's up for that. No idea how it would play, but if you have ideas. Im more than willing to host it :)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2015, 06:10:52 pm »

You could do something like Micelus' old Rise of the Dragons. The similarities might draw some players in and Elf's "giant monsters worshipped like gods" would be present because dragons.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2015, 06:30:39 pm »

That's an interesting idea. How would you set up a giant monster game differently than a god game?

I'll look into rise of the dragons, that sounds cool.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2015, 06:51:29 pm »

A suggestion game where you control the King of the Pigeons, a gigantic fat featherless bird abomination living somewhere in the attic of an old high-rise in Moscow. You have telepathic control over the city's massive population of pigeons. Your duty is to fuck shit up because that's all your wretched flying rat kind is good for.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2015, 07:46:56 pm »

A suggestion game where you control the King of the Pigeons, a gigantic fat featherless bird abomination living somewhere in the attic of an old high-rise in Moscow. You have telepathic control over the city's massive population of pigeons. Your duty is to fuck shit up because that's all your wretched flying rat kind is good for.
I get the feeling this is inspired by personal experience...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 07:53:48 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2015, 10:48:05 pm »

Does anyone know of a utility where I can change and alter territories on a map? If I do a civilization game, that going to be something I need...
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2015, 12:39:21 am »

Would anyone be interested in a game where you play as kaiju fighting each other, like a Godzilla movie?
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2015, 01:09:44 am »

Would anyone be interested in a game where you play as kaiju fighting each other, like a Godzilla movie?
Suggested that above. I was planning on working on a system for it, but I can't run games to save my life.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2015, 01:20:15 am »

Does anyone know of a utility where I can change and alter territories on a map? If I do a civilization game, that going to be something I need...

If most of what you want to do is "having territory to show", Hexographer sounds like a good idea. There are not that many different tiles in the trial version, but I have seen multiple people on this forum do just fine with them.

Either way, if I think about "building" a map, Hexographer is the fastest way that I would know of.

So... what's the sales pitch? "PVP-Fights", can be done in various ways, and while "Kaiju" can give some "bonus interest" due to novelity, the core of the game needs to be enjoyable.

Or rather, just people slogging it out against each other, devoid of story, would not be all that interesting.
How about giving the players different options. Envision the classic meetup in the tokyo harbour - one of them could want to devour the citizens, one could want to go on a rampage, one could want to protect the city, or they could even go at it together - most likely devouring the citizens - if their goals match up.

So.. kinda like "roundly missions", where the players are able to recieve additional attributes? Different attributes, give access to different traits and abilities. Size, Strength, Agility, Intelligence / Magic. Those kind of things.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2015, 01:26:21 am »

Maybe it's the dying times, and the last few kaiju must band together and journey to a supposed safe haven while being pursued by the humans who wish to wipe them out.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2015, 01:59:06 am »

Maybe it's the dying times, and the last few kaiju must band together and journey to a supposed safe haven while being pursued by the humans who wish to wipe them out.
No
We should play as the American military and go all gangsta on those kaiju scum
thincake

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2015, 02:28:11 am »

Not edgy enough. :P

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2015, 03:42:48 am »

we all play as my ocs
thincake

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2015, 04:47:03 am »

Ok here is one I am inventing for fun.

A Pen and Paper RPG about ghost fighting with mechanics involving being sensitive or insensitive to their presence.

With the intent that ghosts are capable of being dealt with in multiple ways (Appease, exorcise, what have you) before they spiral out of control and you have to vacate.

With other stuff.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2015, 05:36:01 am »

Building on the Arms Race universe, I want to do an design game/RPG hybrids, where all the weapons engineers are running a parliament and using experimental weaponry to pursue their legislative goal. Storm the speakers pulpit, lay suppressive fire to filibuster your opponent bill or mine the cafetaria to strike at the enemys supply line.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 [2] 3