Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: World of Darkness RPG-Test Chapter/Interest Check (Full for now)  (Read 6232 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: World of Darkness RPG-Test Chapter/Interest Check (0/~ players)
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2015, 08:13:05 am »

Hmmm... if she had previous experience with the supernatural, she seems likely to go the hunter route, but since I doubt werewolves drop much pocket change, the mercenary aspect looks most likely.

She got mouths to feed and opiates to take, after all.

The parts you cut off the werewolves, on the other hand, are very valuable if you can find a buyer. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2015, 08:46:03 am »

I'd be interested in joining if you are still taking more players?  I'll pick away at the sheet creation while I am at work today if so.
Nom nom nom

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2015, 08:54:16 am »

I'd be interested in joining if you are still taking more players?  I'll pick away at the sheet creation while I am at work today if so.

I'm stress testing the system, so I'm taking as many players that sign up, within reason.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2015, 09:01:06 am »

We'll have enough monster hunters to deploy Soviet wave tactics.
"I sent wave after wave of my own men at them, until the vampires reached their kill limits and shut down."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2015, 09:05:00 am »

We'll have enough monster hunters to deploy Soviet wave tactics.
"I sent wave after wave of my own men at them, until the vampires reached their kill limits and shut down."

*GM resets kill limits accidentally*

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2015, 09:39:09 am »

Ah, here we go. Only took about 5 hours longer than expected!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2015, 10:29:41 am »

Alright! I like that Harry, it's good...

Also, Gilgs sheet.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=570511

Her merits are based around her resources-not much, but better than the rest of you-and also a safe place, which means she has a safehouse with traps and alarms, off the grid and out of the way. A good place to sleep without being eaten in the night!

I've also given her a bunch of brawl-related skills. She'll have to get her Dexterity up if she wants to become a martial artists, but right now she can toss a punch with the best of them. Most notably, her Iron Skin makes her tough to knock out or injure-she can spend willpower to turn lethal damage into bashing (or, non-lethal) damage, and gains armor against bashing damage normally. She's skilled in Defensive Combat, which lets her use her Brawling skill in place of her defense during a scuffle, as long as she's wielding a weapon-and Street Fighting, which currently allows her to apply penalties to anyone she hits in a melee, and allows her to to the higher of her wits or dex when dodging-the second one isn't terribly useful right now, but if she upgrades those stats she will get more use of it. Mostly, it's a pre-req that can unlock higher tiers of street-fighting abilities.

It should be noted, being blind in one eye is a tangible disadvantage! Normally, you get -3 to vision related rolls and half defense. Since she's lived with this disability for awhile and has learned to cope, I've nulled the defense penalty and she just gets -1 to vision related rolls. Which is still alot of things, to be honest.

And if you're wondering 'Why would I take a flaw anyway? There's no minmax in that!', flaws increase your rate of EXP gain during the game.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2015, 12:04:55 pm »

Also, Gilgs sheet.
Spoiler: Gragghhhh (click to show/hide)

Aside from that, seems good (though I'm not sure I'd be able to tell if it was bad...)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2015, 12:11:47 pm »

Any questions about the system, just ask!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2015, 12:29:42 pm »

Do using brass knuckles still count as unarmed?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2015, 12:42:15 pm »

Yeah, you can use them along with the brawl skill. Ideally, you can sacrifice damage dice to dual wield with fists and bat.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2015, 12:49:08 pm »

If only I could combine the two and make bat-knuckles.

Yeah, you can use them along with the brawl skill. Ideally, you can sacrifice damage dice to dual wield with fists and bat.

So how does dual wielding work?

Would I get two attacks, one with each, but each does less damage?
Or would I just have the option each turn of choosing the weapon I attack with?

How would something like a trench knife work?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2015, 01:19:02 pm »

The usual RPG dual wielding rules.

~It's a big action, so you can't do anything else on that turn.
~You get two attacks, but with less accuracy. The first attack is at -1 dice, while the off-hand is at -2. You can ease the penalty with the ambidextrous merit, which would erase the odd-hand penalty.

So, just smacking someone with your bat, you will roll a total of 6 dice-three for your weapon damage, and three for your weaponry skill.

Smacking someone with the bat and off-hand with your fist would do 5 dice for the bat, and you would roll three dice for the fist, or 5 bat dice and 3 fist dice, which equates to two extra attacks.

Or you could switch it up, and do 4 fist dice and 4 bat dice. You get a small bonus for landing an unarmed attack every round on an enemy.

Ambidextrous would give you a bonus two attacks.

And there's a merit to cover the other thing-it also lets you hide small weapons on yourself and use them in a brawl. It would probably be more in line for you. Note, it's not any more mechanically dangerous than just wielding knuckles-but you can do lethal damage, instead of bashing damage. Also, lets you attack from ambush, even in a crowd. I would likely increase your subterfuge.

Shiv
Effect: Your character carries small, concealable weapons for use in a tussle. Rolls to detect the concealed weapon suffer your character’s Weaponry score as a penalty. With the one dot version, she can conceal a weapon with a 0 damage rating. The two-dot version can conceal a 1 damage rating weapon. Your character may use the Brawl Skill to use this weapon.

Do you want to be a more offensive character? I can exchange your toughness merits for more slashy slashy.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2015, 06:27:43 pm »

I can see how being able to shank people secretly could be useful, but not dying is also good.

Stick with what I have, I think.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2015, 10:36:38 am »

Okay, that's the end of waiting. We should have all the character we need. I will begin to summon something like an OP soon...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7