Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: Cold Fusion Initiative: Super Mission-Having Action! [OOC Thread]  (Read 13579 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Cold Fusion Initiative: Super Mission-Having Action! [OOC Thread]
« Reply #180 on: September 27, 2015, 10:21:29 pm »

All will be explained in due time, SB. And by explain I mean glossed-over in favour of more giant robot fights. Unless you really push for an explanation.

I don't know what's up with the other tile-based games. It's up to GM-preference obviously. Also I was thinking of having letters along one axis but didn't do so because that'd be too much work. Though ironically I was going to have them along the top, not the side.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 27, 2015, 10:28:07 pm »

I'm just kind of wondering. I mean, it seems you were pushing towards robo e robo combat, which is standard fare. I'm not sure where lizard-people fit into this 2kX timeline...
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 27, 2015, 10:32:27 pm »

Can we kill people with their own weapons for style points?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 27, 2015, 10:38:01 pm »

Style gets you sent home in a pine box, soldier.
Black lives matter.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 27, 2015, 10:41:20 pm »

I'm just kind of wondering. I mean, it seems you were pushing towards robo e robo combat, which is standard fare. I'm not sure where lizard-people fit into this 2kX timeline...

It's a game inspired by 70s super robot shows, SB. Aliens and weird shit is practically a given. Mazinger Z had a villian that was literally a disembodied Nazi head. Is a double-headed Lizard/Human really all that more ridiculous? Don't worry, there'll be plenty of hot robot-on-robot action after this.

Can we kill people with their own weapons for style points?

I see no reason why not. Though Style Points would be entirely different from Spirit Points. Unless you guys really want to flex your writing muscles and thus clamour for them being one and the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 27, 2015, 10:42:23 pm »

Except in the case of gladiatorial combat, in which case style points prevent you from being buried in a ditch outside the Colosseum.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 28, 2015, 04:31:46 am »

The first mission is up, guys. Please submit your actions ASAP!

Also: Stupid Elf, stealing the top of the new page.

* USEC shakes their fist.
B-baka....

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 28, 2015, 07:28:53 am »

Jake would have felt better if he had a rifle, but a good scrap wouldn't be amiss, especially if he can rescue his teammates. Jake moves to [12, 13] and backs up Ray against green SS

Tryrar, Jake is currently at (09, 15) and a speed of 4. He simply doesn't have the movement to go to (13, 12). Please change your action.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 28, 2015, 09:42:58 am »

Jake would have felt better if he had a rifle, but a good scrap wouldn't be amiss, especially if he can rescue his teammates. Jake moves to [12, 13] and backs up Ray against green SS

Tryrar, Jake is currently at (09, 15) and a speed of 4. He simply doesn't have the movement to go to (13, 12). Please change your action.

So I can't move diagonally is what you're saying? Otherwise by my count then yes I can
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 28, 2015, 09:44:29 am »

Yeah, no diagonals. I thought I specified that in the OP but obviously not. Sorry about that.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 28, 2015, 09:46:44 am »

Yeah, no diagonals. I thought I specified that in the OP but obviously not. Sorry about that.

No worries, there's a blue SS in the middle I can knock silly :P
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 28, 2015, 09:52:20 am »

But you can't move on broken tiles so I don't see how you can reach him. I really should have laid out everyone's starting positions better. Sorry about that.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 28, 2015, 09:55:40 am »

But you can't move on broken tiles so I don't see how you can reach him. I really should have laid out everyone's starting positions better. Sorry about that.

.....*facepalm* I really didn't think you couldn't move over those, maybe make things like impassable tiles more clear next time?

Edit: I also take you can't attack diagonally? Because then there's nobody I can reach this turn

Edit Edit:Screw it, I'll head to 11 13 and sit for now, maybe intercept one of them coming around the corner from that broken tile
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 10:02:30 am by tryrar »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 28, 2015, 11:45:42 am »

Aliens m8.
Haven't you watched Macross? Or for that matter, any mecha anime from the 70s/80s? :P Unless I'm wrong, it was really only around the time of Gundam that human v human giant robot fights became the norm over fighting alien (but strangely human) empires.

Although, mecha anime isn't really my area (Gurren Lagann, Eureka Seven and Code Geass notwithstanding) so bleh, USEC is better at that.

Elizabeth let out a laugh and moved forwards to (07,13), she then manoeuvred her mech into sending a punch at the black skull squadie.
We don't have our mechs yet.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 11:59:41 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 28, 2015, 02:40:33 pm »

Cabbage_Patch, Roundhouse costs 3 SP. You'll have to wait at least two more turns before you can use it. Try a different action instead.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16