Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: God of the New World Mafia: L's Victory  (Read 16206 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: God of the New World Mafia: Day 2: Confrontation
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2015, 03:12:32 pm »

Well. This is good news right? Presumably, there's a blocker or doctor or we're dealing with delayed kills. Before we get on with the day, has anyone got anything to report (i.e. player x is Kira)?

I guess we should try and make today a bit more productive this time, though depending on claims a no-lynch might still be favourable.

Arcavasti, when you said there were going to be shenanigans, were you thinking on your own intentions?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2015, 06:42:31 pm »

Well. This is good news right? Presumably, there's a blocker or doctor or we're dealing with delayed kills.
If we're dealing with delayed kills, then your plan from yesterday could be rendered useless, if we mistakenly lynch the same person who's kill has been assured.
Before we get on with the day, has anyone got anything to report (i.e. player x is Kira)?
Nothing from me today. My night was rather uneventful.

I guess we should try and make today a bit more productive this time, though depending on claims a no-lynch might still be favourable.
Oh, sure. Give another lynch for the scum to decide who dies. *glares* NQT, I do not like this plan, Sam I am. In begginer's mafia, while the setup IS known, the same argument can still be applied here: No Lynches early on does not benefit the town. Doubly so when there's an unknown twist that is known to benefit the scum. In fact, the very quote by Bookthras to which I refer implies bastard mods are the worst time to no-lynch. While I was cautiously in favor at first, I cannot believe you convinced enough people to no-lynch and shorten that it went through; the day 1 lynch is a virtual requirement for townies such as L to decide who to use their powers on, and day 1 only happens once. Everyone basically agreed to a night start, which means one less townie gets to play and make informed decisions about the future of the other players.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2015, 08:01:05 pm »

Oh, sure. Give another lynch for the scum to decide who dies. *glares* NQT, I do not like this plan, Sam I am. In begginer's mafia, while the setup IS known, the same argument can still be applied here: No Lynches early on does not benefit the town.
Ordinarily, I'd agree with you entirely. However there are two differences in this set-up which swung it for me: the very small number of players and the certainty of a cop. The cost of mislynching in this game is so much higher than normal. By staving off a lynch, we've ourselves a whole extra day of play before LYLO, and an extra night of investigations.

I do agree with you that we should make the most of discussion time: investigatory actions should be informed by people's day games.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2015, 08:46:53 pm »

Won't it be harder easier for people to make up roles if they can find a character that legitimately would have that kind of ability?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2015, 08:55:56 pm »

Won't it be harder easier for people to make up roles if they can find a character that legitimately would have that kind of ability?
I'm going to assume you mean 'easier' here. The danger in fake claiming a character is always that someone might actually have that character.

Any other thoughts on the game, Tomasque?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2015, 09:06:42 pm »

I meant easier. Derp. I think that there isn't a Light character at all. Instead, I think one of us will "find" the notebook sometime in the near future (or already did so, last night). Another theory that you guys haven't thought of but which is supported by this happening: The notebook has limited space, so instead of wasting it now, Kira is trying to convince people to lynch a person (or at least suspect him), and will only use his if absolutely necessary. This would also mesh quite well with another theory of mine, which is that Kira only shows up as suspicious once he starts using the notebook.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: God of the New World Mafia (7/7) (Bastard)
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2015, 10:31:01 pm »

Tomasque, your theories are directly contradicted by what the mod has actually said:

Day 1 has begun.

Dawn breaks. You all file into the room at the hotel that the one who calls himself "L" has arranged for the meeting to take place. You look around the room, at the others attending the task force meeting. Somebody in this room is the enigmatic detective "L", and another is the murderous Kira.

Of course, you have no idea who is who. You're all going by code names here. The one known as "Kira" wants everyone else in the room dead, and the rest of you want to find him.

Do you think we should vote today or not?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2015, 10:34:25 pm »

Arcavasti, when you said there were going to be shenanigans, were you thinking on your own intentions?

Not really, nope. It was more a reflection on how interesting things could get with some or any of the complications Flabort suggested. Not that anything seems to have happened N1, although delayed Death Note stuff means shenanigans may yet be in store.

Honestly, we don't quite have enough activity here to form any intelligent suspicions, so I guess its RVS time.

Notquitethere

Reasoning:

They're one of only a few people who've made any especial impact on the game at all. With the delayed kill of the Death Note, its quite possible that No Lynching gives Kira free kills without attracting any suspicion based the choice of the target. Flabort, the most vocal opponent of the No Lynching strategy, is also suspicious in case No Lyncing IS the optimal strategy and Kira wants to deny it. To be honest, this isn't MUCH of a reason, but its more then I'd get by voting most anybody else.

More speculation:

- Its quite possible that Kira's win condition is more selective then usual. If everyone except Kira dies, that's a pretty big indicator of guilt if anyone else discovers the situation. Perhaps Kira only needs to kill L and perhaps one or two other players[Near/Mello maybe?] and then they can stop killing people, claim Kira got dead and enjoy a perfect cover story while perhaps slipping the Death Note to someone else for later retrieval or something like that. So perhaps the lack of an N1 kill is because of Kira's win condition being inhibited by wholesale murder?

Tomasque, your theories are directly contradicted by what the mod has actually said:

Day 1 has begun.

Dawn breaks. You all file into the room at the hotel that the one who calls himself "L" has arranged for the meeting to take place. You look around the room, at the others attending the task force meeting. Somebody in this room is the enigmatic detective "L", and another is the murderous Kira.

Of course, you have no idea who is who. You're all going by code names here. The one known as "Kira" wants everyone else in the room dead, and the rest of you want to find him.

This IS a bastard game though. But yeah, this does make Tomasques, if not nessecarily my, theory quite a bit less plausible.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2015, 10:45:20 pm »

They're one of only a few people who've made any especial impact on the game at all.
Do you find that scum usually try and make the biggest impact during the day?

With the delayed kill of the Death Note, its quite possible that No Lynching gives Kira free kills without attracting any suspicion based the choice of the target.
Explain how this would work.

Flabort, the most vocal opponent of the No Lynching strategy, is also suspicious in case No Lyncing IS the optimal strategy and Kira wants to deny it.
You seem to have forgotten that Flabort was originally in favour of no lynching.

Roo, you're being very quiet. Is there any reason we shouldn't lynch you?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2015, 11:21:34 pm »

They're one of only a few people who've made any especial impact on the game at all.
Do you find that scum usually try and make the biggest impact during the day?

My Mafia experience is somewhat limited, but I feel I'd get more data from randomly voting an active player then a lurker.

With the delayed kill of the Death Note, its quite possible that No Lynching gives Kira free kills without attracting any suspicion based the choice of the target.
Explain how this would work.

The delayed kill robs us of evidence. Generally people are killed for a reason. If they don't immediately die, that reason is opaque at first and thus leads to less evidence then an immediate kill would. Which would mean that L & friends would be investigating blindly.
Flabort, the most vocal opponent of the No Lynching strategy, is also suspicious in case No Lyncing IS the optimal strategy and Kira wants to deny it.
You seem to have forgotten that Flabort was originally in favour of no lynching.

Really? Its quite possible I misremembered some usernames then. I'll go back and check. Flabort was the other person I remember talking more then usual, anyways.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: God of the New World Mafia: Day 1: Rebirth
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2015, 12:03:38 am »

My Mafia experience is somewhat limited, but I feel I'd get more data from randomly voting an active player then a lurker.
An active player is more likely to respond, but a lurker is more likely to be scum.

The delayed kill robs us of evidence. Generally people are killed for a reason. If they don't immediately die, that reason is opaque at first and thus leads to less evidence then an immediate kill would. Which would mean that L & friends would be investigating blindly.
I see what you're saying but in practice speculating on night kills isn't usually helpful. Kira presumably wants all town dead, and it's likely he'll start with what he considers the more dangerous opponents.

Really? Its quite possible I misremembered some usernames then. I'll go back and check. Flabort was the other person I remember talking more then usual, anyways.
He changed his mind later, but he was originally in favour:
Here's hoping it's nothing like any of those. No Lynch, tentatively.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2015, 08:36:33 am »

I agree that we should lynch the lurkers, but let's see what they have to say first.
Money!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2015, 11:20:05 am »

I agree that we should lynch the lurkers, but let's see what they have to say first.
You may have some trouble with that, I think.
pfp

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2015, 11:32:36 am »

Sorry to sound noobish, but what does pfp mean?

@Tawarochir:
 Can we PM people to remind them to post? (Just a simple reminder, nothing else)
Money!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2015, 12:59:55 pm »

It means they're posting from phone or profession and can't speak at length.

It is a bit disappointing that only three people stet talking. This probably means Kira is among the lurkers.

Flabort, do you really think I'm best fit for scum right now?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10