Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: God of the New World Mafia: L's Victory  (Read 16208 times)

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: God of the New World Mafia: Day 1: Rebirth
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2015, 04:25:54 pm »

That'd be a neat twist, but we' d still have a killer and it'd still be in our interests to lynch Light Yagami.

Why do we lynch light? The detective?
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2015, 04:28:01 pm »

No L is the detection, Light is the teenage boy who is known to the public as Kira.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2015, 10:18:17 pm »

Alright, the plan seems sound enough, I guess. There are the flaws of we don't know what the twists are for sure, and that Kira could get lucky and lynch L right away, and there's the saying "No plan survives first contact with the enemy", but it seems OK enough for me to not oppose it for now.

Hmmm... possible twists... Here are my thoughts on what twists there may be:
Misa: The second Kira: The scum team is bigger than 1 and has a back-up, or a rolecop, or something.
Yotsuba Group: While Kira is an SK, there is a 2 man Mafia team, versus a 4 man town.
Death-Note Delayed Kill: As I described in my state of delirium, there's a chance that the Kira could force someone to vote for someone before they die.
Not Really a Deathnote: This is an alternate universe, and there is no real death-note. All of this is our own paranoia, and we'll kill each other over it.
L is Dead: What happens when L dies? Some set-ups have Near and Mellow roles that activate when L dies; in one case that I've read, Mellow actually needs L and Near both dead to win, but is otherwise town, while Near is just power-town that activates when L dies. How much of this being the case in this particular mod is up for guess.
Pass the Deathnote: When the carrier of the Deathnote dies, the person who killed him or cast the first vote on him gets it. In this case, certain power roles require it to win; such as in a game large enough for a mason team, the masons need to get their hands on any death-notes and kill Kira in order for a town victory to occur; anyone else getting the note becomes the new Kira. In those cases, generally, Kira may give the note to anyone while he's alive to escape detection.
Life Note: Based on the smosh episode that I heard of second-hand, there might be a note that reverses the effects of the death-note; either acting as a doctor or as a resurection. It may be passed to another player like the deathnote itself can in the above twist; it seems unlikely.
The Shinigami Revealed: One player is Rem or Ryuk; which one doesn't matter. In Rem's case, they act as a lover/vig; if player X is killed, Rem leaves the game. Rem can kill, but if she kills someone targeting player X, they die and leave the game. Rem only wins if player X survives to the end. In Ryuk's case... well, I've never seen that particular twist before, so I can only theorize that he is a third party with his own agenda and a kill power. Possibly the game ends and everyone loses if he's alive and a phase goes on without anyone dying; jeepers, that would be bad for NQT's no lynch, but I can't say for sure; it seems unlikely in a game this small that there are any Shinigami, though.
Hidden Shinigami: Same as above, but the Shinigami do not "In" and are picked pre-game, and don't show up on vote counts; rather than being power roles, they function like Scum ICs that anyone who's touched the notebook can talk to; touching the notebook is abstracted somehow, I bet it's based on the lynch or the Kira's choice.

Hmm... that's all the brainstorming I can think of for nasty twists.

Here's hoping it's nothing like any of those. No Lynch, tentatively.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2015, 10:40:02 pm »

Yeah, several of the above ideas had occured to me too. No matter which[If any], are included, this is going to be a beautiful clusterfuck of shenanigans when it unfolds N1.

The reasoning for a No Lynch seems sound, especially with only seven people.

No Lynch
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2015, 12:56:25 am »

No Lynch

I have a few ideas that you didn't mention there, but Ill wait until tomorrow (when they'll come into play) because I don't want to make a wrong call.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2015, 07:49:55 am »

Since it doesn't appear that very much will happen today, we should probably Shorten.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2015, 08:00:06 am »

I didn't mention being able to in the OP, but sure I'm happy to shorten.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2015, 11:13:32 am »

Shorten
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2015, 01:36:42 pm »

oppose shorten.
Wasn't the idea of this no-lynch to gather more information?

So let's use the day to gather information, dang it.

Tomasque What kind of wincon best suits your playstyle?

TDS You're one of the players that isn't a fan of RVS, correct? How does shortening benefit you in particular, since as far as I can tell day 2 will be RVS if the shorten goes through?

Arcvasti Which players do you feel would be the greatest threat to yourself if their wincon was opposed to yours? The least threat?

Roo What are your favorite theories and guesses as to the twist in this game?
The Cyan Menace

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2015, 02:18:02 pm »

TDS You're one of the players that isn't a fan of RVS, correct? How does shortening benefit you in particular, since as far as I can tell day 2 will be RVS if the shorten goes through?

There's a good chance that at least one person will die tonight. That flip will reveal some information and help create an actual discussion.

One comment, though: the NL is to make it easier for the town to win by pushing back LYLO a day and giving the cop more time to inspect people. It's not necessarily for getting more information immediately.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2015, 04:20:27 pm »

There's a good chance that at least one person will die tonight. That flip will reveal some information and help create an actual discussion.
But what if they don't die right away? We'd have to look for someone acting oddly, which would basically mean it was still RVS.
Or what if someone kept Kira from writing a name? Which we wouldn't know if it was true based on the whole delayed kill chance. 

Not to mention that roleflips reveal much more information when one can do vote analysis on them than when they are night kills after a no-lynch.
One comment, though: the NL is to make it easier for the town to win by pushing back LYLO a day and giving the cop more time to inspect people. It's not necessarily for getting more information immediately.
OK, yes. I still would like to get as much information from the day as possible before resigning to a plan originating from a single person. I understand that it does help with LYLO... but we could just as easily no-lynch day 2 instead of day 1 and the math would be the same, as long as day 3 was also a no-lynch.

Seriously, the plan is basically to skip two lynches; which in effect we have the same number of days/lynches but the scum have complete control over one of them and all we get is one more person investigated, who will likely be killed in that time! So is it a fair trade: Give control of a lynch to the scum to get another potential investigation? Let's not forget not only might the people investigated by L be killed by Kira, L himself might die.

I say let's not play "Follow the cop" and reject NQT's plan; I don't think it's worth the trade, especially if we shorten the day.
The Cyan Menace

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2015, 04:24:42 pm »

Vote to shorten the day
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2015, 06:15:55 pm »

I know I shouldn't point fingers too early, but it seems that flabort is kinda suspicious, and his actions definitely coincide with one of the possible twists (no matter how unlikely). I need to go now, so by the time I write next it will probably be the next day (by then I'll say which of the ideas I have still remain probable).
Money!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2015, 02:23:27 pm »

Right, shortening day now, since we have 4/7 players' support. Sorry, flabort :v

Today's vote:
No Lynch

Nobody was eliminated today.
Night 1
Night 1 will end at 4:00 PM on Wednesday, September 30th. Send in your actions before then.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: God of the New World Mafia: Day 2: Confrontation
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2015, 03:00:30 pm »

Day 2 has begun.
You all file into the room again, much as you did yesterday.

Wait, all of you?!

Nobody died last night.

Votecount:
notquitethere - (0)
tntey - (0)
flabort - (0)
roo - (0)
TheDarkStar - (0)
Arcvasti - (0)
Tomasque - (0)

Day 2 ends on Monday, October 5th, 2015, at 4:00 PM EST.
Extend requests - 0/3
Shorten requests - 0/4
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10