Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25

Author Topic: Aira's Playing (Sprout: Bees, Farming, Magic, and Monks!)  (Read 45101 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Ah. Well, that certainly is a pain. Maybe I'll have better luck after work.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Aira's Playing (Sky Factory 3 Ep 2: Chickentopia!)
« Reply #271 on: March 17, 2017, 09:20:01 am »

No one else is playing Sky Factory 3 quite like this. Welcome to Chickentopia on Episode 2 of Sky Factory 3!

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Aira's Playing (Stardew Valley #49: Down in the Caves)
« Reply #272 on: March 20, 2017, 10:59:41 am »

Episode 49 of Stardew Valley, and it's a mining day. Also, I have a new horse!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 11:04:25 am by Sappho »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Aira's Playing (Stardew Valley #49: Down in the Caves)
« Reply #273 on: March 20, 2017, 01:24:05 pm »

Yeah, I'm not overly fond of horses myself. I dislike them, but I don't really find the effort required to take care of them worth it. Video game horses are much easier! (And lack all those pesky needs and strange horse thoughts that make the real thing so difficult sometimes)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Aira's Playing (Sky Factory 3: Rainbows and Botania)
« Reply #274 on: March 22, 2017, 05:08:54 pm »

It's Episode 2 of Sky Factory 3. Time to show off the rainbow room, get started with Botania, and take a shot at making my first bit of redstone automation ever.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aira's Playing (Sky Factory 3: Rainbows and Botania)
« Reply #275 on: March 23, 2017, 01:08:41 pm »

Nice job with the redstone. It takes a bit to get into your head what it is doing, but once you have it down you can do a lot.

I've done a few things in the past that I was proud of. Automatic gates into castles, a lighthouse, and my personal favorite walls that would open along a minecart track as you got close and shut after you pass into the building.

Sadly, most of that was on multiplayer servers where redstone often gets out of sync due to chunks getting offloaded and a lot of that was back before chunk loaders were a thing.

I should do more with it. Been a long time since I really played with redstone.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Aira's Playing (Farming Valley #18: A Fiery Adventure!)
« Reply #276 on: March 24, 2017, 03:48:54 pm »

Thanks! I was very proud. :D Sounds like you've made some awesome stuff.

In other news, Episode 18 of Farming Valley is out, and I decide to shake things up a bit with a somewhat scary and fairly derpy adventure.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 24, 2017, 06:01:26 pm »

On a random note, if you haven't listened to it yet this podcast has Toady pronounce Urist in it. :)
Come play Mafia with us!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 27, 2017, 03:58:15 am »

On a random note, if you haven't listened to it yet this podcast has Toady pronounce Urist in it. :)
I love the 1:10-1:30 mark :D Describing us, the people enjoying the stories!
~3:45 is talking about were-creatures ruining fortresses :P
~8:05 has the brief summary of DF for those who aren't that familiar with it.
But at 13:00, there's no mention of Urist yet D:
Do you remember where it is, Meph? I can't load enough before the connection dies and I've to reset it >.<

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 27, 2017, 01:59:20 pm »

Somewhere...middle-ish, I think? Past the halfway mark, I'm pretty sure. It is in a section where he is talking about references to dwarf fortress in other games.
Come play Mafia with us!

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Aira's Playing (Stardew Valley #50: Rainy Fish)
« Reply #280 on: March 27, 2017, 02:15:58 pm »

Episode 50 of Stardew Valley is up, but thanks to extreme sleep deprivation (lookin' at you, DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME), I derped up hard and used the wrong settings to encode the video. As a result, the quality is god-awful. Really, truly bad. The sound is fine, but the video resolution is extremely low. It may lend itself better to playing in the background like a podcast rather than actually watching it. It also might look okay on a very small screen like a phone. Rest assured, this will not happen again! And I'll try to get an extra video out, hopefully tomorrow, to make up for it.

As for the interview with Toady, I feel like I kind of don't want to listen to it... I've had a very specific pronunciation of "Urist" in my head for a full decade now, and I don't really want to learn that the "official" pronunciation is any different...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 27, 2017, 02:29:54 pm »

It's a different regional dialect, of course. The Urists that Toady refers to live in the mountains, while this Urist is clearly more of a plains-dwelling dorf. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 27, 2017, 02:48:32 pm »

You actually pronounce it pretty similarly.
Come play Mafia with us!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 27, 2017, 08:36:51 pm »

RE: Trash in Stardew Valley

Urist is a dorf. Maybe she has a portable atom smasher?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 27, 2017, 09:49:50 pm »

As for the interview with Toady, I feel like I kind of don't want to listen to it... I've had a very specific pronunciation of "Urist" in my head for a full decade now, and I don't really want to learn that the "official" pronunciation is any different...
Re-checking the MephLink, at [41:30]...you actually have it spot-on. :3 It's more like 2/3rds in. "Uhr-ist" :D or basically an emphasis on the first two letters.
The context is (I think that's Toady .-.;) the person speaking about related games before DF with the idea akin to DF.

Honestly it's amazing to infer that both YOU and the official pronunciation are pretty aligned. :)) It's like realizing 'oh wow, the thoughts these people may have had in figuring 'ok how is this word said', this is amazing'.
Let it be known that Tiruin is heavily interested in thoughts.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25